Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Linda 'cubed'. Or 'to the power of 3'. Speculation: either there's cloning involved or....there's a meat-based pun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Hypocrisy posted:

I have to admit, that cut scene definitely surprised me. I like how the boss completely believe Ken's tale of his Santa cosplaying murderous twin brother. Did we already know Ken was adopted?

Well, we know Santa suits are from that one company, and LOOK at this giant planet! This probably isn't the most ridiculous thing that's happened around here.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Well, it's been pretty much admitted we're gathering this stuff for the sake of the company's interests, more so than for people. They want to keep the money train rolling.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

At this point I'm expecting everyone, Ken included, to have been hit with memory-altering shenanigans.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

PC engine: Tiger-beetle.
Playstation: Tiger-Spider.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

...Wait, "Mother"? What on earth? Did I miss something?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Randalor posted:

So Neo-Kenya was Earth all along, despite the people who came to Neo-Kenya being Earthlings who fled Earth to start with... ow my brain.

Well, their ark-ship is a living thing with it's own voice, also. What the hell was it MADE out of? What, then, is the basis for the tech that got us out here in the first place?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

I'm concerned...Linda seems really focused on Ken. REALLY focused. "Why hasn't that idiot signed up yet!" There's the 'brash, go-getting personality' but she's apparently been looking forward to being on the Ark with specifically him for a while, and they'll be the only ones.

Well, as long as she doesn't get possessed by her arm or something.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Dec 26, 2021

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

quote:

Why bug assassin got a tiddy?

Mutated/armoured from humans/Beastians, or some such, I presume.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Quackles posted:

Sachiko's a robot, isn't she.

Either an actual one or a triumph of bio-engineering or some such. The Puppet Master. Well, we see what the puppets are, don't we? Of course, with this game it'll turn out to be something even more weird. Unless that's overthinking it? But that just leads you in circles.

Regardless, Sachiko doesn't seem foul in herself in either route. I hope there's something resembling a happy ending for her. One that doesn't come at the expense of anyone else.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Booky posted:

linda can really rock a cape

It's all very 'Bandit Lord'. Like, it'd fit perfectly in a more Mad Max setup or so.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

quote:

Thank you. It makes me happy to hear that, even if it's a lie. You are always so nice to me, aren't you? I was a bit scared before, now I'm not any more. Thank you for everything. *kiss*

So, good thing none of that liquid hit you then. I'm sure this won't come up later...

But...The Puppet Master's been active for a very long time before now. So what was Emory doing before?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

This was Sachiko Cubed.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

My feeling is "Is this a simulation?" Or maybe the other two were....ugh.

"Although he survived, he suffered a spinal cord injury, a caved in skull, and many other injuries to his body. It is expected it will take him at least six months to recover."

He fell only on his back. How did he take so much damage? 'Heavenly Zoo'...I don't like this at all. My thoughts turn to 'none of this is real, it's all fantasy, he's either dying or already dead'.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

"People are still talking about your wedding! It was the first time that the bride brought the groom in in a wheelchair. And also the first time that she answered his vows for him, too!"

She force-married him? While comatose? Add that to the "Why hasn't he applied yet!" in the previous scenario and something is wrong here. Like....that isn't really 'funny' at all. Maybe I'm being too sensitive, but...

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

quote:

a small amount of a certain animal's hormone

I can't think of any hormone we have that would have that effect on animals.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Could be from Scenario 2?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

So we finally found the Beastians. Let's see what's up.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

So the Beastians are...Ken and Lisa's Bloodline, intermingled with the natives.

Humanity left Earth/Neo-Kenya to come here. But they can't live properly anywhere but here. The planet keeps renewing. But then...where did humanity come from in the first place?

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Sep 6, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

quote:

which was made by some of the same people who made Linda

It...shows, given the design.