Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Oh hells yes! I've been fascinated by this game ever since I saw a compilation of some of the cutscenes in the game (probably most people's first exposure to the game, and I bet you know exactly the one I mean). From what little I know of it, this game is gonna loving go places.

That's basically how I found out about it, and I've been hoping for something like this ever since to explain what's actually going on, as far as that's possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013

Bloodly posted:

Linda 'cubed'. Or 'to the power of 3'. Speculation: either there's cloning involved or....there's a meat-based pun.

We already know what the title's about, at least- there's 3 scenarios you can pick from at the start with different plots. There might very well be cloning/meat processing involved, also- in fact it's a pretty good bet- but that's what the Cubed in the title means.

Sum Gai fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Sep 29, 2021

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013

Bloodly posted:

Well, their ark-ship is a living thing with it's own voice, also. What the hell was it MADE out of? What, then, is the basis for the tech that got us out here in the first place?

Also it can maintain a breathable atmosphere on deck and travel through time, although I guess those abilities are some of the less weird things it can do, yeah.

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013
Also, taking a complete shot in the dark here, but Emory might not completely live up to the appearance he projects, vis a vis being a consummate medical professional.

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013
Well, if I wasn't confused before... (I was confused before). It actually does feel there is a plan to this thing... not waiting on an explanation, though. Looking forward to Scenario C, which from what little I know is totally ordinary, even relative to what's already happened.

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013

Geemer posted:

Almost all of the animals are alien horrors, though. Only dogs are normal. So, who knows what their reaction to human hormones is gonna be.

Also, humans in-setting may be weirder than they look.

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013

Randalor posted:

Is that really the only place to find "wild" Ladybirds, and there's no hint that they're found there? That's... that's just a dick move from the developers at that point.

Yeah- beyond a missing slot in your animals-collected list, is there any hint these things exist?

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013

ivantod posted:

Well, that's ok. I am paranoid about keeping the save states at each season change, so I can easily go back and do things in a different order to accomodate this situation. I mean it's just a couple of hours i have to re-record. No big deal. The seams in the final product when I stich everything back together will be hardly even visible. :v:

Mostly I'm just glad you prepared for this- how long does Scenario C take, from beginning to end?

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013
Alright- still frustrating to find out you missed something in the endgame, but that's a much more reasonable length than I was expecting, especially compared to a lot of JRPGS.

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013
I'm not sure why it wouldn't be, but I'm just excited to see the conclusion of this weird, neat little game- it's been a trip.

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013
Similarly, do you have any idea what the difference is in the Scenario C ending if you get enough animals to succeed, but not 100%? Do you just not get the bit with the chimes?

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013
Something I've been meaning to ask is how capturing works- it doesn't seem to have a specific command. Going by the video above you just need to hit an enemy for most or all of their HP, but not too much over, and it automatically happens?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013

Hypocrisy posted:

What a fantastic LP.

Did we ever find out why Ken and Nek's biological father killed all those people?

Serious answer: yes, but it left... a few loose ends. He was upset about the theft of the town's artifact, the Tiger's Claw (which it turns is pretty easy to replace), and went on a killing spree because of that.