Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'll join the cute pigs bandwagon here. The spritework in general is really neat, with some very otherwordly designs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

ivantod posted:

It is definitely my intention to keep showing bits and pieces from the original PC Engine version whenever I can! :v:

Also, if there's something specific that somebody wants to see, then just let me know and I'll see what I can do!

Nothing specific, I just want to keep seeing the really messed up designs of the PC Engine version and compare them to the significantly more cute ones in this version. It's neat to see just how hard the art direction changed between remakes.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Interesting name for those books.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Having to hunt humans would definitely make this game go in a way darker direction than it has so far. I have to wonder if it was ever properly planned, maybe for a Nek route where Ken just breaks down hard and decides to follow his insane brother or something.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Well, the Elizabeth plot sure ended rather awkwardly, even the knife stab looked weird. But hey, at least Nek only makes himself more punchable every update. I'm not surprised at all he's the final boss of the route, though I am surprised at how unimportant Linda was as a party member considering her name is in the title. I hope the other routes are better with her instead of making her mostly a damsel in distress.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I really don't know what to say. Partly because people have posted it already, partly because...what the gently caress.

Really looking forward to the other routes now because that was one hell of an ending there.

Also keep posting the PC Engine stuff, the comparisons are pretty neat.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Linda just doesn't get to have a happy family, does she? First we had Hume going insane and fusing himself with her mother, now this.

I hope Linda's new arm gives her a strength boost.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

CremePudding posted:

Also great work with the translation. Sometimes I forgot that the game isn't actually translated until I see another battle screenshot :v:

Seconding this. It's not only the grammar, the editting makes it look as if the text genuinely came from the game instead of being added in the screenshots. It's an extra effort you didn't really need to take and it really helps making it look "real", for lack of any better word.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Quackles posted:

Sachiko's a robot, isn't she.

It'd explain her complete lack of knowledge about good and evil, weird lack of emotions and the fact that we just saw her twin sister (which no one commented on).

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The centipedes, especially the male one, are a mood.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It honestly feels even weirder at this point to have such a relaxed update.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Robindaybird posted:

Not that kind of bear.

In this game? They could easily be one and the same.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm glad that one thing is consistent in this game in spite of how weird it is.

No matter the timeline, Emory is weird in all the bad ways.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I have nothing to add beyond more praise for the LP, how clean the translated screenshots look, how interesting the game itself is, etc. Can't wait to see how much more ordinary this extremely normal game gets.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

That list helps a lot with keeping up just how many things the game has set up.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

TurnipFritter posted:

What if her maiden name in scenario C was "Cube"

Her birth last name doesn't actually change between scenarios, her situation does. In scenario A, her parents divorced so she has her mother's last name. In scenario B, they're back together so she has her father's. And in scenario C, she married Ken and presumably took his last name.

They actually thought this one pretty well, it's technically consistent between scenarios while still allowing her to have a different last name that fits the scenario's letter.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

At least Nek and Sachiko got to marry each other in spite of...everything...

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Hell yeah, 100% completion of this extremely normal game can't be easy but you did it and I can't wait to see it.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

For how terrifying the PC Engine versions normally are, the Green Fish look really cartoony.

Also the Reindeer sure are a thing huh.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Randalor posted:

Oh thank God. Also, I love how Ken becomes the leader of the village and then Linda just takes over with no explanation later on before he dies. I'm guessing it's because he's busy with hunting parties and work away from the village while she's busy focusing on matters in the village, it's just funny how it's "Ken became the leader! Then everyone realized that was a bad idea and made Linda the leader instead". Maybe he slipped on another banana peel.

What do you think the "hunting accident" that killed Ken was? He obviously slipped on a banana peel while hunting and died.

Anyways the ending basically just continues the time loop we all predicted at this point, but Scenario D definitely caught me by surprise, I was all ready to offer my CONGRATURATIONS !! for the LP but it turns out this isn't over at all yet. The seven chimes will have to wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This was a very ordinary game that did not surprise me at any point, and its monster designs especially are the most basic I've ever seen, and even moreso the PC Engine versions.

Thanks for the LP, I didn't even know about this game before. It's definitely something that will remain in my head from now on.

At least the pigs are still cute.