Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
Well, Christmas town was quite the surprise, but a lot of things so far have been quite unexpected. Nothing strange going on in this town at all.

Always love seeing a strange very normal game that never got localized, and I'm digging this weird typical setting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

ivantod posted:

Also, I just wanted to warn you that next time things are going to get a bit weird plot-wise, so be prepared for that.[/i]

Weird? This game? Nah, there's no way. I don't believe you, OP.

Also, fleas. Of all the creatures to bring on an ark, you're intentionally bringing fleas with you too? I guess Neo-Kenyan flea burgers are a delicacy or something, and that warrants bringing them.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
I was not expecting the Nek revelation, that's for sure.

If our boss believes us so readily, he's either got a lot trust in us or you have to wonder what stuff he's seen to make this so readily believable.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
Glad to see we've finally gotten our other party member after all this.

They really did stick a lot of side-mechanics in this game, what with the furniture and the egg-raising and whatnot. I guess they really wanted you to use all those years they give you to get the ark ready.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
The concept art continues to be great, though Ken never seems to catch a break.

This incredibly normal RPG is remains very unique, and I'm loving it.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

ivantod posted:

If you like the illustrations, then you might want to check out the two "Cannabis Works" books by this game's illustrator/character designer/cutscene director Tatsuyuki Tanaka. They have lots of other works besides those related to this particular game:

Oh, neat! I'll definitely check it out sometime then. That is an... interesting name, though it's about what I expect at this point.

:catdrugs:

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

ivantod posted:

In the mean time, on the back wall there are various graffiti and stuff. Like here:

|の の ゛
| も
| へ  /

So, weirdly, I know what this is somehow. It's Henohenomoheji. From what I understand, it's kinda just a goofy face. I don't know if it's got any long history like "Kilroy was here", but there it is.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Maigius posted:

At least in atmosphere, no info on how it performs in space.

Yeah, it'd kinda suck to get into orbit and find out this thing is terribly built.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
:what:

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
Ah, another very usual and normal update of the very ordinary Linda ^ 3. I was wondering what they were planning on doing with Sachiko, so I guess now I'll get my answer!

One can only wonder how this completely mundane JRPG didn't get localized.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
Well, that arm is something else pretty normal. The new look is pretty good though.

(Not giving her an attack boost for it is a missed opportunity, either that or maybe Hume was more of a bodybuilder than a powerlifter.)

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Booky posted:

linda can really rock a cape

:emptyquote:

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

King of Bleh posted:

I for one am shocked that the Hitler Doctor turned out to be a shady guy.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Mathwyn posted:

The Sachiko things checks out. In scenario A, Emory died in the south area accident, and the original Sachiko's suicide attempt was unsuccessful and left her with amnesia.

In this scenario, well... Turns out Emory being dead was probably a good thing.

Honestly I like the way changing different variables, like Hume and Anne reconciling, or a different person dying in an accident helps explain drastic scenario changes.

Agreed, it's kinda like seeing all the possibilities of what Neo Kenya could turn out to be. There's an underlying "what-if" to it that makes you wonder what other things could change in other scenarios.

I'm wondering at this point if there's a scenario where Ken isn't even around.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Night10194 posted:

Ken's mom is awesome.

:yeah:

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
This game never ceases to be wild incredibly normal.

Looking forward to seeing how Scenario C shakes things up!

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
I did not expect this, but it does make a lot of sense given how the game's been structured.

I'm only more intrigued at what other highly normal things await us on the quest to the true ending.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

GilliamYaeger posted:

Things have been concerningly normal so far...

What do you mean? This game's always totally ordinary- it's hardly concerning, I'd think.

The hospital beds being shaped like coffins is a dark, but good touch.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
This completely normal game still manages to have some of the most... unique NPC dialogue.

Also chicken nuggets cures infected weasel bites allergy things, who knew?

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
Mark me down as another "excellent LP, can't think of anything to add". Right amount of detail, skips over the irrelevant/already seen stuff, and just high effort all around.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
A perfectly normal end to a perfectly normal game

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
A most excellent LP of an incredibly ordinary game! Thank you for showing us this ivantod, I doubt most of us would've ever had a chance to experience the utter normality without this LP.

:five:

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
I only know one thing about those two games, and it's just the existence of the hidden character in Black/Matrix. That's about it. Either would be cool to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Snake Maze posted:

EVIL NOVEL

If the LP wasn't already done, I would suggest "Linda Cube: EVIL NOVEL" as the new thread name