Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
This game is even more ??? than I'd thought from your posts in the prior thread, can't wait to see how it goes.

The uh, Biblical Ark thing is a lot - a LOT more overt than I thought it'd be, for one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

ivantod posted:

Please don't ask me to explain it!

how many of your LPs does this apply to? :v:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

These animal sprites are cool, if often totally nuts. I like it.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

ivantod posted:

I'm sure you'll agree with me that not posting this screenshot would have been entirely unforgivable, right?

yes, I agree

also what a whirlwind of "hey here's a bunch of hints about things you ... uh, basically can't do yet since you're still on the early game plot railroad"

that and the guy who's trying to sell you on blizzards by saying 'hey at least the bodies stay hidden' which uhhhhhhhhh

Psion fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Oct 10, 2021

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

TeeQueue posted:

I am beginning to feel like this might not be a totally ordinary JRPG after all. :ohdear:

Next you're going to tell me whatever deity or whatever that sent us this ark isn't actually good?

basically I'm 100% suspicious of everyone and so far it's working out

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Creepy stomach boat is pretty incredible for us as viewers but probably bad for our protagonist, yeah.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Trust the meat boat.

actually I think I like 'creepy meat boat' better, you're on to something here

Psion fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Oct 19, 2021

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

this game is wild

I was a few updates back (with Nek) and thought wow this is weird okay but then it just kept on going :stare:

like, completely wild

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

After Scenario A I was thinking 'okay how will the game top that' because I figured it would

this ... was not on my list of possibilities

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

quote:

All right, really, let's go somewhere, anywhere, else!

here's the problem, it seems that no matter where you go things are still insane :v:

this game continues to impress, though maybe not always in the way they intended

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

The PC Engine cats are way cooler, I agree, but what really amused me was the random alphabet burn where you have to unlock another type by doing well in dog fight. Is this a cultural thing I have no context for or is it out of left field for Japanese players too?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Podima posted:

I love how unapologetically off the rails this scenario is.

for real

also, this got me to laugh, so nicely done:

quote:

Of course, it's just lions. I mean they have only two legs and also chicken feet, but let's not quibble over small details.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Night10194 posted:

Ken's mom is awesome.

Yeah.

A real bright spot in this complete :psyduck: of a route, which is otherwise very entertaining, but uh

... what the hell

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I love how this game continues to make me go "what the hell just happened"

I remember the innocent days of thinking wow those animal designs are pretty weird, or the meat walls of the ark were pretty weird. How little I knew...

thanks for keeping this going, ivantod, this is an incredible experience

e: still can't get over the literally wood ark/spaceship/time-travel device where they just casually pop open a clearly not air-tight wooden hatch in outer space and it's fine

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

sb hermit posted:

"Sure thing... if the town doesn't get annihilated this time. "

:tinfoil:

Exactly. All this update did is make me wonder what ivantod's about to drop on us next update.

can't make assumptions though, what if there were two chill updates in a row to really mess with us?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

quote:

If you underestimate penguins, you may get hurt! I mean, it's not too bad one on one, but you get a large group, they might make you leave the world of the living!

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AnguishedTintedApe-mobile.mp4

checks out

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

> Ken transforms into a dolphin
> Ken uses Smelly Fart
> It's Super Effective!

...and yet, considering some of the NPC dialogue you also posted, I'm not actually sure that's the strangest part of this update. Or this game.

:psyduck:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

TurnipFritter posted:

Lotta Yonic Energy in Dark River, huh.

wow they really are the same

the animal art in this game continues to be impressive, weird, and impressively weird

but I like the sharks, they're hilarious

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

from the hotel:

quote:

Ken found 2 G!

ah, gimmick chests :allears:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

ivantod posted:

Firefly, huh? I had a friend once with that name. He used to fart a lot...

someone has weird friends

also I don't know if I've mentioned Dogy Figh as an excellent name but it really is. my brain keeps trying to parse it as "Dogy Fish," though.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Geemer posted:

Ah yes, realizing the Ark is a species and picking a fight with the arks that are sitting underground until you manage to capture a male and female specimen.

sorry this idea is too reasonable for Linda^3 and therefore the true answer is much, much weirder

(you have to hatch ark eggs first, obviously)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

SuperPepote posted:

Congratulations!

I canīt believe we are nearly finished with the game. You did an amazing job.

at this rate I don't trust that there won't be a Scenario E, F, and probably G so you never know...