Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Christian vs Omega 2 0.57%
Punk vs Darby 8 2.28%
Bucks vs Bros 279 79.49%
Statlander vs Baker 7 1.99%
Women's Royal 2 0.57%
Eddie vs Miro 20 5.70%
Mox vs Kojima 2 0.57%
Jericho vs MJF 3 0.85%
NO MORE BS PAUL WIGHT VS QT MARSHALL 28 7.98%
Total: 351 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

If anyone else was curious Slamboree 99 seems to be the ppv from 22 years and 4 months ago

I think he rounded the other way and was talking about Spring Stampede.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

disaster pastor posted:

I think he rounded the other way and was talking about Spring Stampede.

also very possible. I didn't look at the numbers for either though so idk which did more

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

also very possible. I didn't look at the numbers for either though so idk which did more

Spring Stampede was 255K. Slamboree was 195K, but that doesn't work with his comment because Road Wild, Halloween Havoc and Mayhem all beat that number.

EDIT: It's really amazing how fast WCW PPV died in 1999. Superbrawl was 485K, their third-highest ever but the last time they topped 400K. Uncensored was 325K, last time they topped 300. Spring Stampede was 255K, last time they topped 250. Then Mayhem was the last time they were around 200 (the estimate I found is exactly 200K).

disaster pastor fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Sep 8, 2021

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

more money for Tony to buy wreslters

awooooo

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

dromal phrenia posted:

All Elite Wrestling

I love it!

Big elite! Big prizes! I love it!

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

If anyone else was curious Slamboree 99 seems to be the ppv from 22 years and 4 months ago

According to https://wrestlenomics.com/resources/wcw-pay-per-view-buys/ that did 195,000. Might be close for those who toxxed over/under 200k!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
They gotta have some kinda title shot in mind for Hobbs, really hope it's Miro

Uno, please look after John Silver tonight :ohdear:

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

yea im eating poo poo on that toxx, that’s what i get for being a lil doubty baby but it’s dynamite tonight let’s fuckin gooooooo

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Mr. Squishy posted:

I'm just going to think how high Dante Martin will jump tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIbHDdYldpI

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Also for context it beats every non-big 4 PPV and Survivor Series in 2012 and 2013, the last two years before the WWE PPVs.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Rarity posted:

They gotta have some kinda title shot in mind for Hobbs, really hope it's Miro

This would be great

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Huntman posted:

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1435718713844453376

god tonight is gonna gently caress ripppppppp

CASH

CASH IS STILL WRESTLING

:allears:

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Pinwiz11 posted:

CASH

CASH IS STILL WRESTLING

Nice of him to put Uno over in his final match

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Pinwiz11 posted:

CASH

CASH IS STILL WRESTLING

Someone pointed out that in that match last Wednesday sometimes he was selling the wrong arm

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Pinwiz11 posted:

CASH

CASH IS STILL WRESTLING

Any night might be his last. He might have to hang up that old body after one too many bumps.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Vinny of Bryan and Vinny compared seeing Dante Martin as when he first saw Mistico after hearing about this kid from Mexico tearing it up. This is not a compliment to be made lightly which people who only know him from the Sin Cara saga miss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1psrE-WV74&t=300s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33YM3EKH_Fk

Vote Caristico for the Hall of Fame.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
He's Mistico again

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pylons posted:

he was selling the wrong arm

Cash you had it taped up you dingbat

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Gaz-L posted:

He's Mistico again

I knew I knew that but kind of also forgot because keeping up with the House of Mistico and Sin Cara is mindbending.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/ReneePaquette/status/1435729077047111682

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I don't think that's a good idea Renee

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Nick Jr. Face posted:

I don't think that's a good idea Renee

https://twitter.com/reneepaquette/status/1140267769742733312?lang=en

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

eating skyline, listening to new room new view. let's loving G

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerwon/status/1435733464259592192?s=21

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

its time for orange cassidy to beat miro for the belt imo

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Lid posted:

Vinny of Bryan and Vinny compared seeing Dante Martin as when he first saw Mistico after hearing about this kid from Mexico tearing it up. This is not a compliment to be made lightly which people who only know him from the Sin Cara saga miss.

Yeah, like I said at the time, his performance in that trios match with the Sydals against the Elite, he was reminding me of young, prime days of Toryumon, Dragon Kid, looking like an impossible wrestler.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

AEW managing to draw 70 people is pretty big news.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Number go up????

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Lid posted:

La Mistica is one of the coolest submissions ever.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Mr. Squishy posted:

Speaking of commentators, JR did really well throughout All Out. Engaged, classic calls, didn't sound like he was about to croak like last ppv. He made me ashamed of my words.

Man I don't remember the exact match or the exact call but JR made a really excited call similar to Tony's 'I love professional wrestling' call during either Eddie/Miro or Moxley/Kojima.
2 straight matches of no frills dudes beating the poo poo out of each other. He must have been thrilled.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mr. Squishy posted:

Speaking of commentators, JR did really well throughout All Out. Engaged, classic calls, didn't sound like he was about to croak like last ppv. He made me ashamed of my words.

He did ask who the legal man was in a cage match.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

MJeff posted:

He did ask who the legal man was in a cage match.
I don't remember them ever explicitly mentioning it was Tornado Tag Rules before the event but it was kind of obvious where there was barely enough room between the apron and cage nobody would be standing there.

It's incredibly dumb for gimmick matches to have tag rules anyway IMHO. Only the WWE would have a DQ for not respecting the five second tag rule in a cage match

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Do you ever sometimes think how weird it is that the lead announcer from Monday Night Raw, the lead announcer from Nitro and the lead announcer from PWG call a nationally televised wrestling show in 2021?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Raffles posted:

Do you ever sometimes think how weird it is that the lead announcer from Monday Night Raw, the lead announcer from Nitro and the lead announcer from PWG call a nationally televised wrestling show in 2021?
It owns. AEW bringing everybody together bay-bay

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Been thinking about Bret Hart in his prime and man I'd love to see him at 30 in a company that was a positive environment like AEW. Just image what he'd be like

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Raffles posted:

I used to think about this in the WWE a lot. Like going back in time and saying Kota Ibushi and Asuka and Shinsuke Nakamura were going to be wrestling in the WWE. Now if you go back five years all you can say is "The NXT experiment is over and Roman Reigns is still the top of the card"

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Shard posted:

Been thinking about Bret Hart in his prime and man I'd love to see him at 30 in a company that was a positive environment like AEW. Just image what he'd be like

in this hypothetical is he still raised and taught to wrestle by the psychopath abuser who repeatedly peed in his mouth

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Tampa Bae posted:

I used to think about this in the WWE a lot. Like going back in time and saying Kota Ibushi and Asuka and Shinsuke Nakamura were going to be wrestling in the WWE. Now if you go back five years all you can say is "The NXT experiment is over and Roman Reigns is still the top of the card"

Yeah I sometimes think back to 2014-2015 when WWE was signing everyone and even if the main roster sucked at least there were a ton of guys waiting in the wings and we’d eventually have dream match after dream match. It was naive as hell, but at least AEW is shaping up to become what I thought WWE would.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

Shard posted:

Honestly just giving Bret more good opponents would have been nice. I think his first world title defense was against Berzerker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
OC v Miro coming soon I bet. OC gonna get the TNT strap and either drag it on the ground to the ring or forget it entirely.