Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

I have a bunch of those. But then, I am old.

You tossed Lucifer's Hammer into the recycling, I hope?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Yowza. My favorite so far. I also love the stained-glass-looking Heinlein covers – who was the artist for those?

Gene Szafran.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Meaty Ore posted:

When I read The Once and Future King, it was that edition. It's a pretty good book.

On an entirely separate note, I always wondered where Vonnegut came up with the name "Kilgore Trout". Thanks to this thread, I'm pretty sure I know now.

If you mean Venus on the Half Shell, then no -- PJF wrote that after Vonnegut had used Kilgore Trout in a few of his novels. PJF borrowed the name with Vonnegut's (reluctant) permission because he thought it would be funny to write a book by a fictional author.

At least according to Wikipedia, Trout's name was inspired by Theodore Sturgeon.