Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

what kind of country is 41

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Raxivace posted:

Sounds like some racist rear end in a top hat attacked Michelle Yi from Survivor Fiji.

https://twitter.com/murtzjaffer/status/1449555788306001920

The gently caress is wrong with people?
https://people.com/crime/survivor-fiji-contestant-michelle-yi-attacked-stabbed-santa-monica/

more details here, apparently it was a homeless person that had attacked two other people earlier in the day

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

she already saw the parchment after going through xanders bag so she knows all 3 players with idols.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

good season so far.

ricard was weirdly quiet all episode.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the pulling a buff/rock blind from a bag/tray are truly random unless adam klein lied to me.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

lets go naseer!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i just watch everything on my phone

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

That Is Naseer

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

man i sure can't pick em

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

she budged on the last two votes so i mean shes clearly flexible about things strategically

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

nexous posted:

Just told my wife I was rooting for Naseer and then this

yeah this was brutal lmao

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

shans relented and done other peoples plans 3 votes in a row now

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i mean its happened twice before so it isn't impossible

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ApplesandOranges posted:

That was a really good episode. I noticed they've dialed the advantages down a lot since the merge, and it's really helping.

I feel like Ricard could win... but man I don't even know anymore.

Unrelated but how many more episodes do we have left in the tank? 2? 3?

one regular episode left then two hour finale the week after

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

yeah but they also have multiple episodes per week which helps with the pace

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

OzSurvivors 2017 and 2019 i strongly believe to be top ten all seasons across all regions, with 2019 being top 5 all time.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im halfway through the newest Australian Survivor season and these players are just an entirely different level of cutthroat, man what a season. i have zero idea how george has made it to merge.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

in awful survivor if you open the die box i kill you for real.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Brass posted:

Shan scowling and silently crying the whole time... extremely petulant. I enjoyed the jury's reaction this episode.

the game is a lot shorter this season around so she's probably had less than 24 hours to try to process everything, it's hard to blame her for wearing her emotions on her sleeve the way she is after the blindside that was pulled on her

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think erika and heather are attempting to leverage themselves as a required swing vote between the two factions of danny/deshawn and xavier/ricard. if you're trying to play both sides, it makes sense to take a shot at the deshawn/danny/liana trio today. with both danny and deshawn safe, that left you with one option. trying to target ricard or xavier today (remember we're looking from erika and heather's perspective here) only destabilizes your ability to be a swing vote and protect against the black alliance. what does make sense is to hit liana today, then next vote, you regroup and try to get danny and deshawn on your side and take a swipe at either ricard or xavier, whichever one doesn't win immunity. if ricard does win immunity and xavier makes it public he's gonna idol, or if you're worried he's gonna idol, then take out one of deshawn/danny, and align with whoever is left of the two afterward. you still have numbers 3 to 2. the problem however is we're playing a game that has a final three, so you have to bring in a third, and you need to bring in the least attractive looking third player for the end. this leaves either deshawn or xavier, which based on all the above, means to get to that destination, you have to move through it very carefully and methodically.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think danny is a massive threat to win

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im just saying if its down to deshawn danny and heather or even xander i wouldn't rule the guy out when nobody has any conflict with him.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Septimius posted:

It really just blows US Survivor out of the water on basically every level. The longer run time allows for the sob stories etc, but you still actually see some actual Survivor in Survivor.

having just finished it, yeah that was an insane season and is worth watching for anyone on the fence. everyone on that cast absolutely came to play.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

nexous posted:

I’m liking Xander but it’s gonna ruffle (or russel) some feathers if a cishet white male wins survivor: oops all minorities

i dont think thats the name of the season

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i dont know if final 3 was confirmed, especially if we're going into the finale with 5 players left

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

we cant overlook that part of what makes australian survivor good is its longer run time per episode usually going between 50 to 70 minutes an ep vs us survivors 40 minutes per episode, along with having just 13 eps vs australian survivors 24-25 episodes.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

outside of laura i felt like everyone got a decent amount of coverage and backstory, even if the entire season is basically The King George Show

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Dec 5, 2021

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

yeah brains vs brawn is 100% worth the binge

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Khanstant posted:

he's definitely not winning immunity

lmao

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i only follow dragon slayer methodology for meditating

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think erika has a decent chance in a final 3 with xander and heather but not much else beyond this. the way deshawn tries to drop these bombs though i worry hes gonna sabotage himself at the jury questioning phase if he gets to the end, i dont think he's a lock to win if he reaches the end.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

extra vote was used last week. he still has an idol but i think hes basically being gauged as a goat at this point since all he's done is just sit on it and hasn't been in the driver seat for basically any moves in the last few weeks

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Nihonniboku posted:

Anyone know of a way for me to watch this live? My cable package doesn't have CBS, and my digital antenna doesn't pick up CBS.

paramount plus free trial

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

probably not for you if you dont have a local cbs affiliate. it airs live on paramount plus for me.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Narcissus1916 posted:

Came back to survivor after years away. What the absolute duck is this final four fire? And we’re still doing final three? Both of these suck eggs.

So the last time there’s a vote is with five? Why. How. Sigh.
they moved to final threes because fan favorites kept getting axed right before final two
then they moved to final four firemaking because fan favorites kept getting axed right before final three.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

42 was filmed immediately after 41. 43 hasnt started filming yet

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

man heather was that close to a win lmao

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I'd like to see them do a final two again one of these seasons.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ApplesandOranges posted:

Ahahaha there are already people saying that Xander getting 0 votes was racism.

Might stay off that section of the internet for a while.

i would not be on there to begin with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think i put 41 in my top 20 but not my top 10.