Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Very stupid twist. The entire point of every episode is to vote, which makes or breaks alliances, shows who is lying, etc. taking out the vote makes this not Survivor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Hyped posted:

1 in 3 chance to stay is absolutely brutal, I'm glad he didn't go home on that BS.

It was 1/2 actually since Jeff revealed one of the fakes

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Khanstant posted:

Plus, in the back of my mind, I'd always be like "okay, obviously production knows about this common trivia thing like I do, so maybe they're deliberately doing the opposite of the right thing, since that would be more dramatic probably... but what if production knew I'd know it and think that and they play it straight and that'd be dramatic in it's own way..." and poo poo, at some point you may as well give yourself permission to be an airhead, see the odds at 50/50 win/lose :v and just pick one arbitrarily, rationalize why you chose later.

This would be impossible. You cannot alter the mathematical logic of the game unless you remove the player's ability to choose at the beginning.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I’m gonna get paramount plus and watch some Australian survivor. Of the seasons available, which should I start with? Keep in mind I am skeptical about the length so I want to watch one that convinces me that it’s worth all that time, so recommend the best rather than just saying to start with the earliest and watch them all

Thanks!

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Yeah I’m 5 episodes into Aussie Survivor and god it’s so much better. US Survivor just can’t get out of its own way with Jeff’s moronic leadership

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Please don’t post spoilers for Survivor Australia considering most posters have not watched them

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Immunity idol question mark. God, US survivor just keeps getting worse and worse

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

The Bloop posted:

Hmm, what's your complaint here?

My compliant was me being over dramatic because I am drinking wine. I think the question mark was stupid and they should just show us, but I’ll admit I was being silly

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I don’t like the way Jeff is critiquing a player’s gameplay while they are still in the game. I feel like that crosses a line he has maybe never crossed before, at least so directly? Or am I being stupid?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I’ve never been less excited for a finale

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

LMAO glad I decided not to waste my time and watch this poo poo tonight. This season is absolutely in the bottom tier for me. Garbage twists throughout and overall bad gameplay from almost all the players

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Pandaal posted:

Ok sorry in advance because I’m sure it’s been posted before but… how does one watch AUS Survivor in the US?

Paramount+ has 3 seasons of AUS Survivor. It starts with the fourth season that Network 10 ran, called Champions vs Contenders (not returning players), then All Stars, then Brains vs Brawns. However, you will miss out on Seasons 1-3 which is a shame.

Speaking of AUS Survivor, spoilers for seasons 4 and 5 (CvC, All Stars): I love David. He is one of my favorite survivors of all time, but I can see why a ton of people would hate him (I'm looking at you, STAC Goat).

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Narcissus1916 posted:

Guess what? The first three Survivor AUS seasons are coming to us americans too.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/movies/new-on-paramount-plus/

I'm watching the first season now and although the gameplay isn't great, drat do they find great people to cast.

I wish they’d started with them! I watched All Stars already so I know the outcomes of those seasons.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Which South African and New Zealand seasons are worth watching? All of them?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Survivor Australia: Brains v Brawn was really a fantastic season!

finally, an AUS season without a Pagonging. I loved how fluid the game was. Great players

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Speaking of Australian Survivor... Their Blood Vs Water season premiers January 31st and features Sandra and her daughter. 47 days, 12 pairs, 1 Survivor...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YPS4aKrY2Q

How do I watch it as it airs if I am in the US?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Anyone else not at all excited about Sandra coming back? She was insufferable in her most recent appearance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

what a dumb move

My prediction: Probst heard how everyone was calling Aus Survivor better than US and he called CBS offices and went on a tantrum, so they removed it.