Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

What if to compete in Immunity Challenges they have to fly to different countries around the world and shovel manure/skydive, and then return to the island for tribal council. CBS hire me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

njsykora posted:

Does Phil still have that haircut that looks like he stole it from NSync?

:smith: no.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Basic Survivor, except if a Pagonging starts they'll have a dude with a boombox play the world's most obnoxious song (My Way by Limp Bizkit) on repeat. The more pagonging, the louder it gets.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

TAR isn't coming back until next year and this is survivor related
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheAmazingRace/comments/qi1dx5/your_name_is_jeff_right/

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Narcissus1916 posted:

If you're at all a fan of Amazing Race (or were) the Canadian version is EXCELLENT.

Any specific season to start with?

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Gonna take this between episode time to say i just started watching S28 for the first time. 1 episode in and all I can say is: lmao.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Khanstant posted:

That whole season is pretty freakin lmao

I bailed and looked up who won (it wasn't a surprise) because marathoning survivor... gets real draining imo, the week to week format really helps it. That said, the first half of 28 is just a chef repeatedly kissing his hands

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

SteveVizsla posted:

I just started binging the season so this is from ages ago, but CNN told Anderson Cooper that if he wanted to stick with them and keep doing real journalism, he couldn't be off hosting a game show. They tried doing it without him but no one could come close to being as good a host as he was, then they went gimmicky with D list celebs and killed any chance the show had. Phil Keoghan could have pulled it off, he has the same energy, but I imagine they don't want one guy hosting multiple shows at the same time.

He actually does host two shows now (Amazing Race, Tough as Nails). The problem with Phil during The Mole's timeline though is that TAR was doing two series a year at the time (ala Survivor). That's a crazy amount of work, if it's even possible.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Mirotic posted:

If you ever want to try again, the first 29 seasons are on Prime Video.

Season 29 is also fantastic. It's a huge gimmick of total strangers getting paired after a quick event that works way better than I would've expected

Sighence posted:

TAR has more rubber banding than any racing game ever made. I get why, because their first few seasons had none, but now it feels like your game hinges on the whim of a taxi driver.

I can imagine it needs it for production's sake, but imo the balance here is to include a lot more self-driving (which some seasons have). I think a good equalizer every 2-3 legs does keep the show interesting, especially when a power team falls behind and previously would've had no real catch up.

I also do think there's a skill though to the Taxis, and knowing when to bail on the extremely lost cab driver is huge (hell, Natalie Anderson does this with her twin pretty effectively).

Mirotic posted:

If you ever want to try again, the first 29 seasons are on Prime Video.

Survivor chat: Shan's EW interview is out. Highlight:

My focus with Heather was that it wasn't about Heather, because Heather has no game. But the thing with Heather is that she was crucial to Erika's game. And my thing with Heather was that I was like, "No, you're a vote for Erika, and Erika, I believe, is smart." And I kept telling people that I think we should take out Erika. And I think one of the ways you take out a person without having to take them out, if people are so set on, "Well, let's wait," is taking out their right hand man, which, I guess, is also the same thinking of Deshawn like, "Let's get rid of Ricard, because Shan's the most powerful player in the game." So, my thinking there was, I think Heather just needs to go.

:stare:

quote:

"This is going to make it to Twitter, I know, but I hadn't used the bathroom in 18 days. And this will just tell you that sometimes s--- will take you out, literally, because I could not go to the bathroom. So, I was at the medics all afternoon and just could not go."

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

The Monty Hall Problem Problem is about how many posts about the Monty Hall Problem get made whenever it's brought up.

Anyhow the good example of the monty hall problem is when you use a million doors as an example but i got top 5 recap videos to watch.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I think David Voce's shirt will win

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Final 3 prediction:
Heather, Heather, Heather

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

LionArcher posted:

the most manipulative/smart gay dude

Feels weird to see a latino player described like this in the context of race and progressives when latino contestants are extremely underrepresented :smith:

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

curiousCat posted:

I was always team kass

lmao. my limited understanding is that she poo poo on him in ponderosa quite a bit in s31 for final votes, to which i say, hell yeah

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Everything he writes makes him insufferable

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Very excited for... Helen? to win Survivor 41. And hell, 42 too!

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Well let's go through every winner and see how they did after their time on Survivor.

We'll start with Richard Hat- oh god.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

The one I read about is that Kass was convinced by Jeff uhh, really dunking on J'tia's challenge game for like an hour and a half, and she changed her mind because of that, and used that to push Tasha to vote for J'tia as well in whispers.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Sighence posted:

I'm a bit excited, as who I think deserves to win most , who I want to win most, and who I think will actually win are all different.

Heather, Heather, Heather

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

it's okay there's a season of amazing race with the whitest family on the planet to lower any S42 expectations. they make thanksgiving youtube parody videos. thank you cbs reality programming. :colbert:

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Khanstant posted:

thanksgiving parodies?

warning cursed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzDxt6axexs

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

lmao at a cop being #2 and #3

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

https://twitter.com/erika_cas/status/1471324132864319491

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Winners at War, besides being the all stars season, also aired during the height of covid lockdowns. It's a terrible comparison

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLv5cl7NE3A
heather owns

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

is there an amazing race thread and I'm just missing it or did nobody make one

I was busy :kiddo:

I made a thread!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3990108

Studio fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jan 7, 2022

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

The Bloop posted:

Who is your hero and why? Elon Musk

not the person I'd guess from their portraits, that's for sure

lordy

19 year old Stanford student though that grew up in Palo Alto. Her brain is unfortunately broken forever.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

https://www.reddit.com/r/survivor/comments/sqgqec/comment/hwlz95i/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

lmao

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Seasons 1 and 2 of The Mole are on Netflix

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

There a S42 thread? Starting to see Content come out for it and I want to have a place to comment on the new twist where Jeff brings back all the eliminated players and kicks out all the surviving players at final 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I'll be using the Sean Kenniff strategy.