Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Chili posted:

Hey all, not nearly enough hype happening here.

It's coming back!

I started up a survivor fantasy league here: https://tribal-council.com/

Anyone interested in joining? I don't want to post the group code quite yet so I can make sure it doesn't fill up. If you want in though, PM me or ask! It's pretty neat, you draft a team in a couple of minutes and you score points if players survived, play idols correctly, etc. Then there's a redraft at swaps and merges.

I'm in for Fantasy Survivor

also, I'm going to be out and will miss the premiere tomorrow night. what's the best way to catch an episode after its aired? do I have to subscribe to some kind of streaming service for that luxury?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
just caught up and watched the episode. not unclipping the boat was top tier poo poo. I gotta say, I'm rooting for dollar store Howard Stern the most and I can't really explain why. I just like the cut of his jib

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

The Bloop posted:

He seems like a gormless doofus to me so far

that's why he's dollar store howard stern to me (that and his looks). I think it was his no bullshit "it's sara or shan" right to their faces lol

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

back in my day if you found an immunity idol, you hit it in your butt crack and god forbid it moved even an inch until you absolutely 100% knew you were going to use it!!!! not this "run back to camp and show people" stuff the kids are doing these days

good episode. Brad is still king goober. Naseer is a baller. Jeff needs a Ricola. also if the trail in that sweeping drone shot is the one they have to climb to get to that decision platform, thinking about having to hike it after doing that challenge makes me want to vomit. brutal

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

The more I think about it, the less the decision to keep Xander around makes sense. No matter whether he or Voce got voted out, both of them would immediately know that their alliance with Evvie had been thrown in the trash, and now Xander knows that with the added benefit of having this idol despite not having a vote right now. I suppose in the case of a tribe swap, the three of them would still have the upper hand if they can get their votes together. But if it's a merge, Xander is going to be fully loaded with a list of three people for the other players not to trust.

And, well, I think if neither happens and they get back to tribal council and vote out Xander, then I feel like it's going to really kill their future chances of convincing players in the other tribes to work with them. I'm not sure how Evvie or Liana could possibly spin "we voted out two people who were performing competently at challenges and instead decided to keep around a serious liability" into a net positive. The whole Girls Club thing feels like it was cooked up a little too early in the game for it to be practical and if they double down on it, won't they be pigeon-holing themselves in terms of future strategy? idk this is the first time I've watched Survivor in like 15 years so maybe I don't know poo poo about gently caress

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

The idol advantage thing sucks so bad. Either give players an advantage or don't. Don't sit there loving around with all this "oh you have an advantage but whoops it's not actually an advantage but also it's an idol except it's an idol that doesn't actually protect you from anything unless the stars align" stupid nonsense

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

I'm sorry but I am laughing at/with the 2004 regdate who had no idea that image leeching was no longer a rule. This is a rare moment and one to savor.

Remember when Sandy Smith wrote for the front page?

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Nihonniboku posted:

I never really ever read the front page actually.

Just as well, I think Sandy Smith might have even been before 2004 haha

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

aw I liked sydney :(

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

why does everybody keep saying the episodes are free on the CBS app when it demands you to log in with a cable provider to watch literally anything other than the latest episode of James Corden or Stephen Colbert :confused:

I've been sailing the high seas with zero stormy weather so it's really not an inconvenience but I wouldn't categorize "requiring a cable provider login" as free.

e: apparently I can watch some Price Is Right too. I'll take it

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

oopsie rock posted:

They are free. When the app opens up there should be a "watch free episodes" button (or something to that effect, it doesn't show up for me every time), no login required.

huh, that's weird! when I go in, it shows all the other free episodes, but the Survivor episode has one of the little lock icons on it and won't let me watch without logging in. I am using the app on my Roku smart TV though and not the smartphone app, I wonder if that's why

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

"raining is like, really not good"

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

survivor? more like survive-or, cuz you really gotta survive to win!!