Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

The Bloop posted:

The dumb catchphrases are very cringey.

Would have been much better to use a single word if they have to KEEP saying it imo

The idea is good.

I still think the smart play was to put that thing back where it came from and get it when you need it, but I guess the risk is that production would remove it if you don't take it, that part was certainly not clear

I'm pretty sure once you choose to open it and read it it's locked to you and you can't just slip it back in the hiding spot and get your vote back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

The Bloop posted:

Agreed but the wrapper said it was dangerous and you could choose to put it back before opening it

Why take a massive risk if you don't feel you're in danger

Oh sorry, yeah, I agree. I thought someone was asking why they didn’t put it back after opening it.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Edit: beaten and also imgur on mobile is useless

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Arbite posted:

Has uninterrupted/unedited footage of a challenge ever been released? Like from the moment the survivors walk up to the moment they all leave without skipping a moment?

No, it would take up the whole episode and then some.

They arrive, they have a producer fully explain the rules of a challenge, each tribe/player gets a private period to ask questions, they get strategizing time, I THINK they’re allowed to examine the course — a lot goes on that wouldn’t make for good TV.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I know they're probably going to rehide it but it would be very funny if Xander and whoever finds the third idol just lose their vote for the rest of the season.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
The point of the shot in the dark isn't for someone to actually use it, it's for the players to have to deal with the possibility it could blow up their plans, adding a wrinkle into obvious majority and unanimous votes.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

What the gently caress is going on on French Survivor where the cast can just wander away from filming and hit up a motel without anyone being able to stop them????

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I think this came from Reddit but, lol:

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmXCV9F2YBY

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Celery Jello posted:

That's what Australian Survivor is for, assuming there's a non-annoying way to watch it from America.

I will watch it and root for Sandra until she is booted in episode 1 or 2, because somehow the Sandra Bench strategy doesn't seem viable in AUS's super strength-forward thinking.

The promo has a weird shot of her working out in a gym, so maybe her strategy this time is going to be to suddenly show up as a ripped challenge beast?

(That would rule.)