Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Pony: Deshawn. Llana is another potential, but gotta go with gut.
Poison: David

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Yeah I think if your vote is gone, the only thing you can do is play an idol (or some kind of other gimmick advantage like leaving tribal). You probably can't even play an idol nullifier.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
This was a really good episode. Between Shan and Sydney we've got some good potential villains, and between Liana and Naseer we've got some good potential heroes.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Wow.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Metis of the Hallways posted:

I want to know why Sydney seemed to hate Heather. She made one mean comment about her that was completely random and we got no explanation beyond Sydney just being like that, which is tbh kinda enough.

From EW's interview:

quote:

Why do you say "no comment" on Heather?

Because we are not friends.

Why are you not friends?

Because she was very holier-than-thou, I would say. She's just such a know-it-all. You can't say anything without her [making] the conversation about herself. I would say, like, "Oh, pretty rock." She'd be like, "Oh, that rock reminds me of the rock me and Bubba used to go fishing on." I'm like, "Okay, well, Bubba would be really upset right now because every time you cast the f---ing reel, you come back with f---ing nothing." Or you say "toothpick," And it's like, "Oh my husband, Jay, he's an ophthalmologist. And he says if you stab a guy with a toothpick you're going to go blind." So I'm just like, "I wanna go f---ing kill myself."

But I'll take 50 percent… no, absolutely not, 20 percent of the blame for that failed relationship. Because I'm like, "Oh, a mother, I want to curate a relationship where it's like, 'Oh, give me advice, tell me this.'" I want kids. I've wanted kids ever since I got my f---ing period. So I'm like, "This is great." So then I think that gave her the agency to feel like it was okay to kind of mother me and give me life advice. But I think a lot of the times it was disparaging.

She would say things like, "Oh, my parents would have never let me do what your parents do." Don't come at my parents. Come on. Maybe because I'm way more f---ing mature then you ever f---ing were. You're like a 52-year-old child. Or where I'm saying I would want kids and she's like, "Oh, you know, being an older parent made me a better mother." I'm like, "Okay, congrats. But I want kids younger." My dad always says it's not what you say, it's how you say it.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I think there's an unintentional but very interesting element to the way they've done the season so far. There's 3 idols and a bunch of advantages and poo poo, but for the most part they are all pretty much public knowledge to the other Survivors. I don't think anyone at this point has an extra vote or idol or anything that is actually hidden at this point.

Shan's extra vote should be secret to everyone except Ricard.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

freeman posted:

Showing that fake idol was probably meant to narrow their choice between him or Evvie. Either he shows you the fake because Evvie has it or knows you'll think that so he keeps both real and fake. If he just shows up and doesn't say anything she might guess between the 3 of them who has it.

That seems like an advantage that you can't hold soon as everyone knows about it. Being able to steal anyone's idol at any time makes you a huge blindside target until it's used.

Except that Liana literally had immunity, so she really should have held onto it.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Deshawn and Danny still had fears about an all-women alliance so they would probably prefer to chop Sydney than Naseer if they had to.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

I'm not sure doubling down should be what you should be doing, but okay.

She also posted an earlier tweet before the episode of her/Liana/Deshawn/Danny with 'Melanin/Melanin/Melanin/Melanin'.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Narcissus1916 posted:

Its also weird to head to the merge with an entire team intact, so you have people saying how Deshawn or Danny are playing great games despite them only being in a handful of tribal.
And while that can always be "part of the game" it really does some odd things to the edit.

Michele also did that, I guess the difference is that she consistently had talking head moments despite never going to tribal.

I'd say on the surface Danny and Ricard are playing good games, but we see so little of them it's hard to see if the show is charting a winner's story for them.

Khanstant posted:

I wonder how things would have gone if they didn't split the tribe up for this into two. ]

Erika likely goes, no way she survives the longest in that immunity and I don't think the vote flips onto Naseer in such a large group.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
That was a really good episode. I noticed they've dialed the advantages down a lot since the merge, and it's really helping.

I feel like Ricard could win... but man I don't even know anymore.

Unrelated but how many more episodes do we have left in the tank? 2? 3?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Narcissus1916 posted:

I'm watching the "first" AUS Survivor season on 10Play (thanks VPN!) and its still a solid time. There's a serious Pagonging post-merge, but I'm still entertained. (This is the one with Lee the cricketer) Casting is super strong too.

Agree that this has been a great season of Survivor, despite the hilariously over-engineered twists. I'd be super happy to see a ton of these folks again as returning players, which is a good sign.

The first Aussie Survivor season on Paramount Plus is incredible, though. Luke, Harry, Janine, Pia, the Golden God, Ross... so good

2017 (the second season) is also really solid.

I do think that the CvC and All-Stars seasons are iffy, because that's when overproduction and twists really come in, but that's me.

Metis of the Hallways posted:

I agree, I can't handle Australian Survivor. I hate how all Australian reality TV has to be this hour and a half event three time a week, makes it impossible to keep up.

It's, unfortunately, a network requirement since they need to fill a certain number of hours/episodes. Hence why they have all those non-elimination episodes and twists to stretch the time out more.

And honestly, Australian Survivor gets off light compared to something like Masterchef Australia. I like that one too, but it's basically an hour every day for five days a week that goes on for months.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
The next Aus season is Blood vs Water, and Sandra and her daughter are on it, so that might be worth a watch just for the novelty.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Capsaicin posted:

Just finished Australian: Champs vs Contenders 2, and the final two was almost exactly like Chris/Twila from Vanuatu. One person just gave no reasons to vote for them and the other gave an amazing argument.

And I’m happy to learn who some of these folks in all-stars is

To be perfectly fair, you looked at the F3 and who won immunity and go 'ah okay, so who do you choose to die to at FTC?'.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
AU does some things really well, but they're also let down in other aspects by editing, forced non-elimination episodes and twists. Of course, US Survivor hasn't had the best track record with twists lately, so...

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Raxivace posted:

Erika's win is fine. She's not a great Survivor character the way someone like Sandra is, but her win doesn't really deserve the hate it seems to be getting online.

Still wasn't a huge fan of 41 overall, but I'm looking forward to 42.

I think half of it is also salt from people being angry that Xander got 0 votes.

I think it's an alright win. Ricard was the better player, but that's just how it goes. I can't even say Erika was better at managing her threat, because people wanted her gone as soon as merge started.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Ahahaha there are already people saying that Xander getting 0 votes was racism.

Might stay off that section of the internet for a while.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
If I was Sydney, I would be pretty annoyed I was voted out because of the twist.

And it makes sense that it ruffled Danny's feathers. He's an athlete. He trains to win. And then he does, only for someone to go, 'actually, no, you didn't win'.

You can honestly see it in the contestant's faces after that when they go into a challenge. They're a lot more wary of whatever Jeff's selling.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

STAC Goat posted:

Amanda was basically just a terrible public speaker who also had the bad luck of teaming up with two of the better winners/talkers of all time. Otherwise she was a pretty great player and I'd say a good social player as well. And she lasted longer her third time than Russell so hopefully that makes him mad.

Parvati's charming but I don't think she's actually that great in front of a jury. Getting a 4-3 win over Amanda (and she very nearly lost if not for Eliza) is not the best performance ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Cast bios for next season!