Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012
In past years I've watched episodes the next day for free with ads on CBS.com. They don't even ask for a cable sign-in. Dunno if they'll still be doing that now that Paramount+ is a thing...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

Otteration posted:

Didn't Colton's tribe throw a challenge and vote him out early on his second appearance?

I'm pretty sure he's just a quitter.

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

Nihonniboku posted:

I was away on vacation for the last week, meaning I couldn't watch the latest two episodes until just now. What I have to say doesn't really have anything to do with the show, but rather the Paramount Plus app. Because Sling doesn't have my local CBS, I have to subscribe to this extra service just to watch Survivor, and man, the app is a hot piece of poo poo. For both episodes today when I would start them, it had a 15 second countdown for the next episode of Big Brother to start. I don't watch Big Brother, I never have, I have no idea why it is trying to force me to watch that, especially only 5 seconds into the very start of these episodes of Survivor. I had to keep backing out and messing around to get the episodes to play without it automatically trying to reroute me to Big Brother.
I watch next day on the CBS app for free. Looks like episodes stay free for about a month before going behind a paywall. There are ads, but nothing like the shenanigans you describe.

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

I don't use the CBS app but on my desktop pc I just watch from the CBS website and it's the same thing. I think last night it was up three hours after the show ended, I don't know if that's normal or not. It even cuts out all the ads but maybe that's just firefox adblocking them.

I have adblockers in Chrome and the desktop site freaks out about them specifically; it won't load the episode because they want to show "a message from our sponsors," but when I loaded the most recent episode in an incognito window it looked like there were no ad breaks.

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

barnold posted:

why does everybody keep saying the episodes are free on the CBS app when it demands you to log in with a cable provider to watch literally anything other than the latest episode of James Corden or Stephen Colbert :confused:

I've been sailing the high seas with zero stormy weather so it's really not an inconvenience but I wouldn't categorize "requiring a cable provider login" as free.

e: apparently I can watch some Price Is Right too. I'll take it

They are free. When the app opens up there should be a "watch free episodes" button (or something to that effect, it doesn't show up for me every time), no login required.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

blue squares posted:

I wish they’d started with them! I watched All Stars already so I know the outcomes of those seasons.

Australian Survivor is amazing and you shouldn't let this stop you! It can even be more interesting to watch the winners' story arcs when you know how it's going to turn out -- I ended up watching a lot of the US seasons on DVD and the covers straight-up spoiled the winners by putting their photos top-center, but it didn't ruin the rest of the show.