Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Do Paramount Plus subscribers get to watch the episode the next day? I have the drat thing and I have no clue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

After a few years away i'm spending some (much needed) time with my parents and haven't seen a season in quite a while.

I really, really liked Jeff talking about how much Survivor means and how happy he is to have it again. Even happier to see them acknowledge that we're going through a loving plague right now.

I'm watching The Challenge right now, which I love dearly, and they're desperately trying to hide any mention of COVID (including have players leave the game off-screen)

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I haven't watched this show in years, but is there actual data to suggest that winning alliances actually do start on Day 1? Like for dominant alliances do they form early, or are they cobbled together post-merge?

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Hi, its me the guy who watched every fifth season or so. I watched way more of the early season but haven't seen much, if any, of the newer stuff. Is Winners At War a solid time?

(thanks to paramout plus I'm watching Survivor Australia and its a drat great time. Super corny theme song, I've missed you)

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

If you're at all a fan of Amazing Race (or were) the Canadian version is EXCELLENT.

Watching the first Survivor Australia season (Champions vs Contenders 2) available on Paramount+ and man, the Golden God is great television. Just a cast full of ringers, top to bottom. Also its confusing that the twitter hashtag is #SurvivorAU since it feels like the show is an alternate universe . And the host has a beard.

Narcissus1916 fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Nov 2, 2021

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Re: Paramount Plus talk.

I downloaded the app on multiples and they're all garbage, but uniquely lovely in different ways.

I recommend just buying a subscription through amazon prime. At least its one less app you need to download.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Its also weird to head to the merge with an entire team intact, so you have people saying how Deshawn or Danny are playing great games despite them only being in a handful of tribal.
And while that can always be "part of the game" it really does some odd things to the edit.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Champions vs Contenders 2 basically made me a fan of Survivor again after a decade away. A loving stacked cast, across the board.

We went back to watch the first australian season with LaPaglia and its... fine? Really feels like a throwback to a different era.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Xander is scarily close to waltzing his way to victory. To be fair though, I find holding onto an idol and leveraging that across half the game to be way more impressive than "find an idol, use the idol. Find another idol in a tree, play idol. Find another idol in a bush, play idol" players.

Erica would need to make one hell of a case for herself, plus overcoming the not-so-latent sexism that skews final tribals.

My money is on Ricard though. And by "my money" I mean "my random comment posted here".

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Its weirdly progressive that like a) there was actually a black alliance that was larger than two people b) that there were enough POCs that that alliance could actually afford to play Survivor and stab each other in the back.

But yeah, hysterical if Xander The White Ally (bless him) somehow pulls that off

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I'm watching the "first" AUS Survivor season on 10Play (thanks VPN!) and its still a solid time. There's a serious Pagonging post-merge, but I'm still entertained. (This is the one with Lee the cricketer) Casting is super strong too.

Agree that this has been a great season of Survivor, despite the hilariously over-engineered twists. I'd be super happy to see a ton of these folks again as returning players, which is a good sign.

The first Aussie Survivor season on Paramount Plus is incredible, though. Luke, Harry, Janine, Pia, the Golden God, Ross... so good

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Came back to survivor after years away. What the absolute duck is this final four fire? And we’re still doing final three? Both of these suck eggs.

So the last time there’s a vote is with five? Why. How. Sigh.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I honestly wonder what its like to be the casting department for Survivor. This was a GREAT group of personalities and they still ran into the headlong bulldozer that is Jeff and His Wacky Twists and Commentary.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Guess what? The first three Survivor AUS seasons are coming to us americans too.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/movies/new-on-paramount-plus/

I'm watching the first season now and although the gameplay isn't great, drat do they find great people to cast.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

getting to the last few eps of aus survivor and it's getting real good —— honestly been all killer since around the merge, after a bit of a slow start/getting used to the slower pace

i guess seasons 5 and 6 are also on paramount plus, is there consensus on which of those is better?

Season 5 is All Stars and you DEFINITELY want to hold off until you've watched the previous 3 seasons. They'll be up on Paramount Plus later this month if you can wait a bit. I also just joined a survivor facebook group that has videos of all Australia and South Africa if you can't wait a bit.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I used NordVPN with Tenplay to watch the first AUS season. I imagine 10play will have it up much faster than Paramount Plus will.

Check out the facebook group "The Tribe Has Spoken". They've got a LOT of videos and information up. Far more effective than trawling the depths of Bittorrents.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Yeah, GoFundMe for Xander doesn't make much sense. Australia threw together a similar crowdfunded reward for Luke but that made sense because a) Luke is hilarious and b) He seems a genuinely good dude and c) he's trying to raise two kids who are on the spectrum and his family really, really could use a break.

I'm watching Survivor AUS 2017 right now and its another great cast. AK and Locky and Henry and Jericho and Tara and - just a damned good time

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

First three seasons for Aussie Survivor will be up on Paramount Plus next week, so that's six total seasons for fans to enjoy before March.

Plus each season is a loving MARATHON, with around 26 episodes each season. Buckle up, kiddos.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

The most important thing to know about Aussie Survivor is that Australian tv networks need to air a required amount of Australian based TV to qualify for tax breaks and airtime.

So every single reality show is like twice the length. I think Survivor AU generally handles it pretty well, but its definitely the equivalent of bringing in non-elimination legs to Amazing Race

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Facebook group "Tribe has spoken" has links to every Aussie season.