Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Also up in the league. So excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Looks like it was well received by some of the Australian Survivor folks but I just want to submit that I hate the “backstory” sob story edits. I might be crazy but I feel like that’s new or uncommon for American Survivor and it makes the show feel like America’s Got Talent.

I liked “here’s a bunch of strangers, what you’re going to know about them is what they do starting now, unless they share stuff on the island”.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Big fan of tall farmer man.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Was there anything shown before tribal indicating a Voce vote or were we just entirely left out of the actual plan via the edit to concoct a “blindside” moment?

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Brass posted:

I wanted to like JD and was rooting for him. He seemed like an innocent and trusting guy, from his backstory it sounded like he was a nerdy high-school freshman or band geek turned cool senior. He was so awful at the challenges, there is no way he plays any sports. His energy was so all over the place too, I wonder if it was because of the lack of food? Like when he just walked up with the advantage sticking out of his pants, did anyone else think he seemed out of it? Or was he just that bumbling? He made wayy too many mistakes and oversold himself, huge bummer. I thought maybe he was just putting up a cool guy persona.

This is actually why I really didn't like JD from the jump, and also speaks to why I hate the sappy backstories. I probably would have liked him just from the island, but the "I was a nerd who became cool" story soured me. I know people like this and they never actually "became cool", they're still just weasley nerds who co-opted what they thought were characteristics of "cool" people as a manipulation tactic. They just "adopt" personalities that they can't back up with anything but this insecure mask of faux confidence and glomb onto social circles. This is why he was so desperate for Shan's acceptance that he got played by her *twice*, ultimately leading to his demise. Big poser energy.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

blue squares posted:

My compliant was me being over dramatic because I am drinking wine. I think the question mark was stupid and they should just show us, but I’ll admit I was being silly

I'm also not a fan of the show withholding information like "did they find an idol or not" if that's what you were referring to. It's definitely a newer phenomenon, they did it earlier in the season with Xander too.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Ok sorry in advance because I’m sure it’s been posted before but… how does one watch AUS Survivor in the US?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Watching season 4 of Aussie survivor and it’s kicked steady rear end, on the whole better than recent American survivor by a long shot, but what the gently caress was that “instead of a normal tribal council the other tribe can snag Shaun, the obvious choice, so we can get that sweet Dave confrontation” twist!?

Even though I was rooting for that to happen, that’s some of the most obvious meddling I’ve seen, in an otherwise really good and bullshit-free season.

Absolutely enjoying otherwise though.