Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Ugh everyone jumped on deshawn for pony which was my gut as well but let's mix it up.

Pony: Naseer
Poison: Xander

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
I think Naseer struggles to make the merge but if he does, he's gonna be a huge threat so long as he downplays his 'story'. Xander is giving off major Drew Christy vibes.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Personally, I could really do with absolutely 0 mentioning of covid.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Oh and for additionally posterity points:

Ua tribe for hot mess tribe.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Hey all, not nearly enough hype happening here.

It's coming back!

I started up a survivor fantasy league here: https://tribal-council.com/

Anyone interested in joining? I don't want to post the group code quite yet so I can make sure it doesn't fill up. If you want in though, PM me or ask! It's pretty neat, you draft a team in a couple of minutes and you score points if players survived, play idols correctly, etc. Then there's a redraft at swaps and merges.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Chili posted:

Hey all, not nearly enough hype happening here.

It's coming back!

I started up a survivor fantasy league here: https://tribal-council.com/

Anyone interested in joining? I don't want to post the group code quite yet so I can make sure it doesn't fill up. If you want in though, PM me or ask! It's pretty neat, you draft a team in a couple of minutes and you score points if players survived, play idols correctly, etc. Then there's a redraft at swaps and merges.

71656adc-10de-4742-b683-15c142005368

Here's the join code, for anyone interested!

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Wonder what happens if the go fish idol gets played on a person with a real idol and a fake idol. Regardless, it's still loving crazy that it is mainly an attack on the community idol which is already so loving nerfed it's crazy.

Proud as hell of my Naseer pony pick. I want that dude to go all the way. Seems like one of the nicest people to ever play the game.

Oh hey and I called Ua for hot mess tribe. I'm reading good.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Hold on. Has my whole life been a lie?

Paper-rock-scissors?

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

JesusSinfulHands posted:

So Reiman (formerly Spencer) Bledsoe of Cagayan and Cambodia fame gave an unprompted AMA on Reddit today. It, uhh, well see for yourself:

https://old.reddit.com/r/survivor/comments/rb4djj/reiman_spencer_bledsoe_ama/

edit: double Yikes

https://reiman.substack.com/p/the-heterarchy

I am more disappointed by this than I would have expected.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
On his exit interview Danny makes it clear that at the time nobody was considering Xander a viable win prospect. Not sure how true that is. Danny also mentioned that he and Deshaun considered voting for Xander to force a tie but that they both realized that doing so would give the other an easy road to vote each other out so they agreed to just vote each other.

Not terribly thrilled with any of that, but that's his take.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Overdrift posted:

Is anyone running a goon s42 tribal council league again? I enjoyed being part of last season's league and I was even at the top for most of it, until the dark horse not on my roster came in and won it all.

Yes!

I was waiting for the new thread but we're all a bunch of lazy banana eaters it seems.

Head over to https://tribal-council.com/ and use join code: d98dd968-1741-4707-95f0-68b3c32f6186

I was going to post the standings for last season but then I forgot and by the time I remembered everything was wiped. I was too busy eating bananas.

This time around I'll post a bit more and remind people to adjust their teams when the adjustment windows open.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

STAC Goat posted:

It’s there and it’s bad but it’s also a pretty real reflection of the time period. If Survivor is a social experiment than it’s struggles with homophobia, misogyny, and racism have all been pretty representative of society’s over these years.

Agreed. It's also super encouraging to see how much people can grow and change. I was mortified when I went back and watched Amazon at the way Rob C was acting but then you look at who he is now and how he talks to his guests and it's just so nice seeing how he turned that whole Stifler vibe around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Khanstant posted:

it was a 00s/highschool thing, we'd say ridiculous poo poo about how we are supportive of homosexuality, gay marriage, etc, but in the same breathe use the slur casually. i'm glad we're in a place today where nobody even wants to say it in reference, where the f word doesn't mean gently caress anymore because gently caress isn't a bad word unless you got Problems.

I put together my roster for this season, hope I remember to check it at any point, not even sure how well I did last time.

I'll definitely give some updates from time to time!