Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Overdrift
Jul 17, 2006

This is Fatherman! He fights crime to earn Sonboy's respect! Is it working?

I am also in the league! I mostly picked based on pictures, but I have a good feeling about Eric's 5-head.

It's been so long without Survivor that I actually found myself getting a bit emotional watching the promotional material for the season. It's been a fixture in my life since I was a teen and it feels really good to have it back where it belongs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overdrift
Jul 17, 2006

I wasn't clear on if you could roll the die every tribal council or if it was a one time thing?

What happens if everyone uses their die and noone is safe/has a vote?

Overdrift
Jul 17, 2006

My partner and I thought we were all smug with our triangle answer, but I guess we were way off on our guess (31) and the real answer according to reddit is 51

Overdrift
Jul 17, 2006

I think Evvie is really hung up on making her women's alliance work, and in her mind, she needs to keep Tiffany around or the women on the other tribe will start questioning why Tiffany went home and whether she is serious about it. I'm not sure if this is the wisest move having not actually met any of the other women, but we'll see if it works out for her!

Overdrift
Jul 17, 2006

Nihonniboku posted:

Yeah, I like this twist. It'll help prevent people going on idol runs like Mike and Ben had (assuming they continue to make it difficult and dangerous to have), and it makes it easier for people to take someone out with an idol.

I still don't really understand the protect your vote gamble thing, especially if it's every episode. I don't want that.

I felt it ran kind of flat this episode compared to the first. Everyone in the game is familiar with how it works now and it would be a lot more interesting to throw a curve ball so people don't start meta gaming it.

Overdrift
Jul 17, 2006

Advantage avalanche aside, I'm still enjoying the season and generally find the twists interesting. I think I'm just psyched to have the show back! It probably took a lot of effort to make this even work in the pandemic.

I find this cast generally likeable and I am looking forward to more personalities and alliances to come out when the merge/swap happens. The blue tribe really hasn't had any loyalties tested so the 5-man alliance will probably rip apart at the first tribal if it doesn't make it to a swap. Naseer could be leaning a bit too hard on his 'English is my second language so let's just lay all our cards down so I get it' strategy and Sydney is using that to make him the odd-man out for an easy vote. But this could fall apart if he makes it to the merge because he seems pretty likeable and generally a challenge/camp asset and will probably be an asset for whatever counter alliance emerges.

Hopefully any future 'beware' advantages will have something a bit more interesting than 'can't vote' because sneaking out of camp really doesn't seem that hard when it's pitch black and people get up to piss all the time.

Overdrift
Jul 17, 2006

I'm going to miss Brad's personality, he was a fun addition to the cast and he genuinely seemed excited to play the game. He had some Tony Vlachos energy with his spy shack but his strategy was pretty much non-existent but I also loved the weird escape plan for the boat ride. Actually Tony's strategy was pretty much non-existent too!

Overdrift
Jul 17, 2006

I'm not sure I'd really stick around to watch a vanilla survivor in TYOOL 2021. It can get really boring as mentioned with a cemented alliance that is all committed to reaching f5/6 or w/e.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overdrift
Jul 17, 2006

Is anyone running a goon s42 tribal council league again? I enjoyed being part of last season's league and I was even at the top for most of it, until the dark horse not on my roster came in and won it all.