Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Chili posted:

Welcome to the party.

If you want to warm up, consider checking out thunderdome, found here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3953574

A new prompt should be up soon and you'll have a week or so, as opposed to the two hours for this contest, to start getting the gears turning.

Regardless, happy to have you and your Lazarus join us for this contest.

I'm a novice writer who's likely to stumble but this seems like fun so I'd like to try. I notice there's not a lot of restrictions (I've done NANOWRIMO once) like word count, I'm assuming the judges will handle any edge cases like the infamous baby shoes story equivalents? Not that I care, just curious. Seems fun, thank you.

e; just saw the suggestion– I am also a novice reader apparently – that helps!

"There will not be a word count limit. That doesn't mean that more is better. Consider 600-800 as a reasonable target. "

squirrelzipper fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Sep 14, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

I shamefully have to withdraw, work had thrown me a curve ball that will mean I won’t be able to do this fun thing. gently caress u work.