Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

The people have spoken. If anything Moxley should have gotten less time

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
if the show wasnt in mox's home town i wouldve had suzuki go over but AEW has guys win in their home town because its the smart thing to do

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Mox's crowd entrance takes too long. I don't care how cool it is.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

xbilkis posted:

The people have spoken. If anything Moxley should have gotten less time

hook has been on dynamite before what the gently caress

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

what a show. it pays to be elite.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I would rather have the Nightmare Collective than American Top Team guy

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

This episode had a lot of loose energy to it but it also set up like a dozen banger matches so I'm alright with it

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Conrad_Birdie posted:

This

Two dudes stiffing each other, some blood, hometown crowd went home super happy

It wasnt even the best match on the card when its JON MOXLEY V SUZUKI. Thats awful. And its clear it was a time issue.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

flatluigi posted:

oh the match ended early so suzuki could find and murder you specifically, i see

Lid posted:

Mods?!

Do you guys not know Suzuki's record in New Japan the last couple years or something? Upper midcarder might be generous.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

sticklefifer posted:

:yeah:

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

sticklefifer posted:

:hmmyes:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

MJeff posted:

Do you guys not know Suzuki's record in New Japan the last couple years or something? Upper midcarder might be generous.

now its a double murder :)

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the fact that we had to not only cut off Kaze Ni Nare but also rush this main event just because GOD loving FORBID we miss showing Creed 2, the movie that PLAYED BEFORE THE SHOW AS WELL, is crazy

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
That was a hell of a fun show.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

MJeff posted:

We dont discuss Gedo's booking as relevant to anyones value.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

xbilkis posted:

Hot take: TV match going 10 minutes is fine, that was good fun even if it wasn't Epic

xbilkis posted:

There was so much more time for song playing....

drat make up your mind

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Every time there's blood and my mom is watching, she has to ask me if it's real.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MJeff posted:

Who cares

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Fun show. I enjoyed. Lots of good setups

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Seams posted:

now its a double murder :)

I refuse to be murdered by someone that can't crack 10 points in the G1.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Did a promo about guys he'd like to fight, Taz cut him off to tell him not to talk about Team Taz, Punk pointed out he didn't, Taz got mad so Punk called out Team Taz and he and Hobbs are gonna have a match at some point.

Later on, Tony Kahn over the headset tells Tony Schiavone on commentary to point out that Punk has mentioned Team Taz members multiple times, Taz starts fighting Tony Schiavone

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

MJeff posted:

I refuse to be murdered by someone that can't crack 10 points in the G1.

god has created a cruel world

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

it's good to show cool things. minoru's dork song that 30% of the crowd would sing doesn't need to be on tv. neither did 3 minutes of cm punk kissing babies but it's a small price to pay. mox walking around the crowd and being a god in the arena was awesome, and so different from anything the fed would ever show. please have a clue before you criticize.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/OfficialTAZ/status/1435785826483441675

He's proud.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I mean it seemed pretty clear to me they started going home the moment Suzuki started leaking every drop of blood out of his body through his eye socket, shame but it happens

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Maybe if Mox really respected these NJPW dads he'd cut back on trying to catch COVID in the crowd and let their awesome entrance songs play.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Crowd wasn't singing Ruby Soho or chanting "You're gonna get your loving head kicked in" so AEW decided they don't deserve Kaze ni Nare

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

DLC Inc posted:

the fact that we had to not only cut off Kaze Ni Nare but also rush this main event just because GOD loving FORBID we miss showing Creed 2, the movie that PLAYED BEFORE THE SHOW AS WELL, is crazy

they paid good money for Creed 2

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1435784282967056387?s=20

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Pylons posted:

Crowd wasn't singing Ruby Soho or chanting "You're gonna get your loving head kicked in" so AEW decided they don't deserve Kaze ni Nare

they were singing ruby soho so much that they continued singing it after the song ended.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

yea ok posted:

it's good to show cool things. minoru's dork song that 30% of the crowd would sing doesn't need to be on tv.

You are as correct about this as you were about the Young Bucks winning on Sunday!!!

Pylons posted:

They did do that first thing.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Overall I was pretty disappointed with the show as a follow up to my favorite pay per view yet.

Top Team guy has officially gotten to Go Away heat with the wife.

The poo poo MJF said tonight was worse than the stuff Max Castor got in trouble for, and there won't be any repercussions ( in story or IRL).

Adam Cole is the Alpha Manlet of the Elite.

Main event was rushed / not as good as I dreamed of, but the crowd loved it?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Pylons posted:

This is fair

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

MJeff posted:

You are as correct about this as you were about the Young Bucks winning on Sunday!!!

hahahaha i am getting a bit too big for my britches, i love kaze ni nare

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Pylons posted:

Shitcinatti

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
hello, tnt? wrestling draws better ratings that your repeat movie and is cheaper. consider becoming a pro wrestling only station. yeah you can put me on hold.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

yea ok posted:

what a show. it pays to be elite.

Be. Elite! Be - Be Elite!

Good show but when Excalibur is missing you can sure tell. Taz needs his buddy.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

rotinaj posted:

drat make up your mind

The match length was fine. The balance of song playing was shameful. I am a forgiving audience member but even I have my limits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

orange cassidy should get to cut matt hardy's hair when he wins, and he should give him a lazy lovely Great Clips quality bowl cut imo