Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Malcolm Excellent posted:

The poo poo MJF said tonight was worse than the stuff Max Castor got in trouble for, and there won't be any repercussions ( in story or IRL).

What

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Shinjobi posted:

This is fair

I mean what do you expect from such a mid city.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Aye Doc posted:

orange cassidy should get to cut matt hardy's hair when he wins, and he should give him a lazy lovely Great Clips quality bowl cut imo

but more importantly, end this poop feud asap

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

I can only hope AEW can recover their momentum after this tragedy

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I’m still laughing at Adam Cole yelling “GET OUT NERD” over and over at Tony Schiavone

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the guy who has the most over chant of all time associated with him isn't going to be getting the roh chant that a few thousand people ever knew as a full replacement for it within one or two appearances. if it ever happens it will take a while and some huge smark ppv crowd will be the thing to spark it. and that's only because of what they did w/ his theme

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Lumbermouth posted:

I’m still laughing at Adam Cole yelling “GET OUT NERD” over and over at Tony Schiavone

GET OUT NERD

*goes home and plays Hollow Knight for several hours*

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

loving love aew

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Britt baker should curbstomp Adam Cole for being mean to her best friend. This will finally turn her face.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Huntman posted:

I can only hope AEW can recover their momentum after this tragedy

I thought that was 2 weeks ago. Or 3 months ago. Or all those other times aew was going down

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Did a promo about guys he'd like to fight, Taz cut him off to tell him not to talk about Team Taz, Punk pointed out he didn't, Taz got mad so Punk called out Team Taz and he and Hobbs are gonna have a match at some point.

you are very good ad kind thank you

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

MJF talked about brutalizing a grandma, called someone's mom a meth addict that should have swallowed more cum / aborted Brian Pillman Jr.

He will go on to Squash Pillman, and not be forced to do sensitivity training.

d8uv
Sep 17, 2005

DO NOT EAT
Grimey Drawer
uncommonly weak dynamite tbh

still good but not great

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lol.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

d8uv posted:

uncommonly weak dynamite tbh

still good but not great

This is pretty much the pattern after every ppv. Lots of ok let's cool down refocus and get some fresh set ups

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

can’t wait for rampage

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

not the grandmas, mjf, please anyone but them

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Huntman posted:

MJF secretly a GILF fetishist.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I thought this was a great episode and was way better than their usual promo-heavy episodes

Youth with a Skull
Aug 16, 2004

Hit 'em with one-a dees
Grimey Drawer
Not the best show they've ever done but even mediocre Dynamite is still awesome.

Love this company and what they're doing, 2 hours well spent every week

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if you think i'll be sitting around waiting for a response to my post for more than 30 minutes you're wrong, which seems to be habitual for you? i'll catch you later; i'm off to have TONS of fun.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

MJF talked about brutalizing a grandma, called someone's mom a meth addict that should have swallowed more cum / aborted Brian Pillman Jr.

i do not think he will squash pillman

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Shard posted:

I thought that was 2 weeks ago. Or 3 months ago. Or all those other times aew was going down

Given the entropic nature of the universe, AEW is always dying, just at different rates.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Ivypls posted:

i do not think he will squash pillman

He is going to use the ring / wardlow distraction and the match will probably be less than 5 minutes.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Caster got in trouble for a rape joke that's a little bit more over the line IMHO.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
mjf did stuff that could reasonably be vetted with the talent and people involved (the people who were there, planted in the front row, clearly knowing what was going to happen)

caster took potshots at julia (who also presumably knew that was gonna happen) but also made a joke about simone biles' mental health and also the fuckin duke lacrosse rape case. that's what was too far, and even on dark yesterday he was right back to being an immature shithead in his raps but kept it dialed in to his opponents (and that one cm punk fan)

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Oh right the Simone Biles dig too, yeah that was a very tender subject ATT. Lots of discourse about mental health and athletes needing to be in the right space vs. armchair morons saying "suck it up", so yeah, a place he shoulda tread more lightly.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Maxwell Lord posted:

Caster got in trouble for a rape joke that's a little bit more over the line IMHO.

People always cherry pick one thing he said when the whole rap back to front was edgy cringe

good

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!

MJeff posted:

Did we really need to cut Kaze Ni Nare and do the warp speed version of their New Beginning match so Mox could spend 3 minutes mugging to the crowd on TV?

Hometown entrance vs Kaze Ni Nare

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

MJeff posted:

Did we really need to cut Kaze Ni Nare and do the warp speed version of their New Beginning match so Mox could spend 3 minutes mugging to the crowd on TV?
It felt like they made a decision to go home early because of the cut Suzuki had

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

adam cole called tony a nerd and thats worse than what mjf or max castor said

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
MJF didn't say anything more controversial than Nikkisawa's all time great "I wish you died in the womb" promo

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the reason adam cole is doing that stuff is because they're setting up for the debut of kevin steen to feud with cole in january. it's gonan be bad rear end

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
honestly I disagree with the sentiment that this was a weak dynamite. every matchup was interesting and had at least one person that I want to see more of.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
the show was good and fine and ok and i liked it

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Maxwell Lord posted:

Oh right the Simone Biles dig too, yeah that was a very tender subject ATT. Lots of discourse about mental health and athletes needing to be in the right space vs. armchair morons saying "suck it up", so yeah, a place he shoulda tread more lightly.

That did not in fact cause trouble or should it, because taking Serious Issues Lightly Like An Arm Chair Jackass, is what heels should do to be edgy. It was the Duke Lacrosse poo poo, and Max trying to edge around it because he was trying to rules lawyer around a loving rape threat

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

zimbomonkey posted:

honestly I disagree with the sentiment that this was a weak dynamite. every matchup was interesting and had at least one person that I want to see more of.

It was a really good show! But give me my Kaze Ni Nare dammit, I was robbed!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Huntman posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpGs_0zOQVs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
AllI know is I had it on and barely noticed the 2 hours go by. It was good! I like interviews and angles tho.