Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

That reminds me, do NFL coach contracts have the ludicrous buyouts college contracts have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Urban is out before week 8 with "headaches" and in USC by January.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Play posted:

You can't just turn tail and run from the NFL after a single game. That is insane. No one with any dignity and self respect, not to mention loyalty, would do that

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I have nothing to add except the following: :lol:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I’ve never wanted a coach to flame out like I want Urbz to flame out, I loving hate that guy and hope he goes to USC and fucks up there too

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

I feel like if anything that proves my point

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

fsif posted:

This HAS to be bullshit pot stirring.

Straight into my veins.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

That reminds me, do NFL coach contracts have the ludicrous buyouts college contracts have?

NFL coach contracts are usually fully guaranteed.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

SunshineDanceParty posted:

This, also buyouts are only really a thing in college because the coach's salary is a big chunk of school/state budgets (in many states they are literally the highest-paid public employee), so a lot of times it's a weird political game trying to figure out when to get rid of a guy and how to spread out the rest of his contract.

Most NFL teams just don't give a poo poo about that stuff unless they're owned by Mike Brown. I think at one point the 49ers were paying Jim Harbaugh, Jim Tomsula, Chip Kelly, and Kyle Shanahan all at the same time.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Urban is out before week 8 with "headaches" and in USC by January.

Selfban Meyer

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Presumably that's fully guaranteed if you get fired, not if you decide to gently caress off back to college football right?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Now this would gently caress up the speculative carousel this year. Wouldn't blame him if he took it after years of just nothing coming from NFL interviews.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1437877442333614086

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Did Bienemy rape someone? Why is he persona non grata?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

half cocaine posted:

helped cover it up among student athletes iirc. or at least was present and maybe involved?

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/1/6/18169793/bengals-coach-search-chiefs-eric-bieniemy-vance-joseph-broncos

plus some other questionable stuff, just skimming that article. most of it not a huge deal but some that might be. there's probably a better source somewhere which explains in more details Bienemy's role in that, I don't really know if he actually did something or not

Play fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Sep 14, 2021

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

half cocaine posted:

He did not as far as we know. I'd have to look it up again but I think he 'only' facilitated sexual assault by recruits at Colorado. Also drove drunk a couple of times. Maybe beat up someone?

All of what he did happened a long time ago and he seems to have kept clean since then, but...yeah, there's some fire behind that smoke.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

half cocaine posted:

Was a coach at CU during their bayloresque sex-for-recruits and rape scandal. Also has a DUI and arrest an for assaulting a woman on his record, among other things. Most of that stuff was a long time ago though so he’s either a terrible interview, there’s rumors floating around about other things, or it’s racism.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Grittybeard posted:

I hadn't actually looked, or I heard and kinda forgot other than Bevell and Schotty. But the Jags whole coaching staff is very funny/tragic even without the whole S&C coach thing.

https://www.jaguars.com/team/coaches-roster/

HOW DOES BRIAN SCHOTTENHEIMER KEEP WORKING ANYWHERE?!?!? This is like giving Dave Shula a job in the last 22 years.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Was a coach at CU during their bayloresque sex-for-recruits and rape scandal. Also has a DUI and arrest an for assaulting a woman on his record, among other things. Most of that stuff was a long time ago though so he’s either a terrible interview, there’s rumors floating around about other things, or it’s racism.

I mean Patrica got a job and participated in a gang rape and let's look at just everything Urban Meyer.. Not a defense of anything Eric did but teams will 100% overlook a ton of heinous poo poo especially colleges.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

They’re so bad at this.

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1437912885397803008

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

hahaha Holy poo poo guys I was just joking

My God rape is just throwing spaghetti at the NFL and a whole bunch of it sticks.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

syzpid posted:

HOW DOES BRIAN SCHOTTENHEIMER KEEP WORKING ANYWHERE?!?!? This is like giving Dave Shula a job in the last 22 years.

Look at the NHL and the whole loving Sutter family.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Jim Mora Jr. once said the Huskies was his dream job and he'd leave the falcons for it in a heartbeat.

He was coaching the Falcons at the time.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

always a good adjective to have pop up

Play
Apr 25, 2006

half cocaine posted:

hahaha Holy poo poo guys I was just joking

My God rape is just throwing spaghetti at the NFL and a whole bunch of it sticks.

joke about it all you want, but the NFL is super serious about rape.

doing it, that is

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1438198709288947717

When you're absolutely certain your head coach isn't leaving midway through the season.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

seiferguy posted:

When you're absolutely certain your head coach isn't leaving midway through the season.

Until he does it I think this is all just funny bullshit, but my god would it be amazing if he did it.

Imagine Trevor goes down with an injury and Urban just fakes a heart attack and walks away to USC.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Is Urban Meyer really any more of an rear end in a top hat than most HCs?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Absolutely yes.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

yes, urbz is notable for being a bigger scumbag than most college football coaches which seems like an impossible bar to clear.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

He's an actively evil human being https://defector.com/courtneys-story/

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Also due to how incestuous the nfl is, walking out mid season is probably one of the few things you could do to get blackballed.

Urban has the opportunity to go to a top tier college program that’s probably a better job than Jacksonville. The al holcombs of the world don’t have that opportunity.

Only question at this point is if he brings his entire staff of poo poo heads with him and the jags are even able to run praxtice.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

It's extremely funny to think about bobby petrino leaving his NFL head coaching job midway through his first season to take a job at Arkansas of all places

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chucktesla posted:

It's extremely funny to think about bobby petrino leaving his NFL head coaching job midway through his first season to take a job at Arkansas of all places

It was probably...good (?) for his career. I mean he was always going to mess up, because he is who he is. But even royally screwing everything up at Arkansas when he had a decent thing going is lower profile than doing it with the Falcons. I guess it would have been very Falcons to have the motorcycle accident and scandal there though.

Also to the earlier question I'd say Urban is a Petrino level rear end in a top hat, just more successful in college.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I think a whole lot of football coaches would be that level of rear end in a top hat with the opportunity.

Also yeah, Petrino joined the Falcons then lost Vick immediately and were headed into the pits of hell. He just crashed the ride as was his wont.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I was in the same room as bobby petrino two weeks ago. I didn’t heckle him because I was too drunk to come up with anything good. Sorry

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ryan Mallett said Arkansas had better facilities than the bengals lmao

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Bismack Billabongo posted:

I was in the same room as bobby petrino two weeks ago. I didn’t heckle him because I was too drunk to come up with anything good. Sorry

you're forgiven for now, but next time we will expect results. i hope you've learned your lesson

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Joseph Judge

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Benne posted:

He's an actively evil human being https://defector.com/courtneys-story/

man. had a chance to read through this and it is ugly. Urban Meyer is a loving piece of poo poo, hiding behind sanctimonious jesus bullshit while protecting abusers and putting football before people's lives. I was vaguely aware of this stuff when it went down but I've never been a huge college football fan and never followed up on the story, also didn't know how involved Urban was with the whole thing.

The fact that the abuser is on twitter with his loving blue checkmark calling everyone bitches nonstop is so infuriating. As is the fact that Urban has a job in the NFL. Starting to understand why he is so hated around here and I can't wait until he's laughed out of the NFL for being a loving joke. All he ever knew how to do was shmooze and recruit, seeing him fail in an actual meritocracy will be delicious.

I do feel bad for Trevor Lawrence but he'll make his own way, I just want to see Urban 'what kind of stupid name is that anyways' Meyer humiliated

yep. that just about sums it up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Bismack Billabongo posted:

A friend of mine did stand up at some Petrino fundraiser a few weeks back. He was given a list of things not to talk about lol.