Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the best or craziest Joker from Batman
Cesar Remano (1960s Batman)
Jack Nicholson (Tim Burton's Batman)
Mark Hamill (Batman: The Animated Series)
Heath Ledger (The Dark Knight)
Jared Leto (Suicide Squad)
Joquain Phoenix (Joker)
View Results

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
13 years on and I'm still blown away by Heath Ledger's performance in The Dark Knight. But he's not the only notable portrayal of the Clown Prince of Crime, from the psychedelic camp of the Adam West series to Joqauin Phoenix's mesmerising portrait of a man on the edge in 2019's Joker. And nary a goon would have grown up in the 90s without eagerly watching the criminally underrated Batman: The Animated Series
Who is your favourite portrayal of the Joker?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

I think Joquain was the "best" Joker but I like how Cesar Romero just refused to shave his mustache off so they had to apply the make up over it lol

Also you forgot Zack Galifianakis

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
gently caress the joker because most of his fanboys want to burn down society because women won't touch their dick when in truth society still treats them a hell of a lot better than it treats women.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I am super unclear how Joker became an incel icon when he was a total Chad?

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Yaldabaoth posted:

gently caress the joker because most of his fanboys want to burn down society because women won't touch their dick when in truth society still treats them a hell of a lot better than it treats women.

Uh, gently caress his fanboys then (euwgh). Like jesus was probably a cool dude.
Also we should burn down a great deal of society, for instance joker likers.

Anyway my favorite joker is whichever one is the campest because I see batman as a fantastic straight man comedian.

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPpWzS3nCwM

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
For me it's Mark Hamill

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Weka posted:

Uh, gently caress his fanboys then (euwgh). Like jesus was probably a cool dude.
Also we should burn down a great deal of society, for instance joker likers.

Women and minorities have far more justification for burning down society because the rules treat them like non-humans.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Wizard Master posted:

13 years on and I'm still blown away by Heath Ledger's performance in The Dark Knight. But he's not the only notable portrayal of the Clown Prince of Crime, from the psychedelic camp of the Adam West series to Joqauin Phoenix's mesmerising portrait of a man on the edge in 2019's Joker. And nary a goon would have grown up in the 90s without eagerly watching the criminally underrated Batman: The Animated Series
Who is your favourite portrayal of the Joker?

Just saw a YouTube comment on a video about how masks are tyrannical. Commenter was named The Joker and said "CNN has poor ratings" so I pick that maniac.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I dreamt once that there was a stage musical of Batman and Joker was played by David Lee Roth. It was an impressive performance.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Wow there are so many incredible The Jokers. It's just such an iconic role that has been played by some very talented actors over the years. From Heath Ledgers breath taking performance in The Dark Knight to Caesar Romero's campy 60s version this has been one of the hardest top ten lists I've had to do and some tough choices have had to be made.

That being said - here it is - my all time definitive Top The Joker Performances Top Ten List:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Joker's an incel thing now?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
thinking about whether Wizard Master would be a good batman villain

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Yaldabaoth posted:

Women and minorities have far more justification for burning down society because the rules treat them like non-humans.

sir this is a thread about the best Joker

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

None of them, op.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Comic books are for children :smuggo:

longtimelurker
Mar 12, 2006

Powered by alcohol

I like Jack Nicholas's Joker the best. The art gallery scene was so good. I have not watched it in forever though but I did do a thing where I watched both versions back to back to answer this very question

E: both versions=Nicholas vs Ledger

longtimelurker fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Sep 9, 2021

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Jokes are stupid, who the hell likes jokes

Riddles are where it's at :grin:

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

More like Dick Choker

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Whaaaaat the hell is this.

I couldn't finish it.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Whaaaaat the hell is this.

I couldn't finish it.

Lol

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

College Slice

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I dreamt once that there was a stage musical of Batman and Joker was played by David Lee Roth. It was an impressive performance.

This is the best joker

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Best one right here hands down

https://youtu.be/DX_wprkggoE

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Smugworth posted:

Unravel the mystery, nay, riddle, of this man's junk!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
BtaS joker supremecy

Smugworth posted:

this is definitely the worst Riddler

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I remember when everyone was hoping Riddler would be a villain in the next Christopher Nolan Batman movie cause his movies were always so smart and deep and we'd get some proper tough nut riddles baked into the film's very structure, and of course in hindsight we all know it would have been 165 minutes of crossing a river with a wolf, a sheep and a cabbage.

e: still very into the idea of Crispin Glover Riddler though

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

My Lovely Horse posted:

I remember when everyone was hoping Riddler would be a villain in the next Christopher Nolan Batman movie cause his movies were always so smart and deep and we'd get some proper tough nut riddles baked into the film's very structure, and of course in hindsight we all know it would have been 165 minutes of crossing a river with a wolf, a sheep and a cabbage.

e: still very into the idea of Crispin Glover Riddler though

ok I get that Batman is the sheep and Robin is the cabbage, but who's the wolf? commissioner gordon?

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

All Jokers were pretty good (except Joqauin Phoenix because that wasn't really the Joker at all) but Jared Leto was the best one and I'm sad we didn't get to see more of him.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Das Boo posted:

I am super unclear how Joker became an incel icon when he was a total Chad?

because the joker is a pathetic incel. he wont even gently caress his own girlfriend. the joker only wants to gently caress batman, but batman wont let him out of the Villain Zone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYSNUL2hrQM

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Jared Leto was the best one and I'm sad we didn't get to see more of him.

mods

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rutibex posted:

because the joker is a pathetic incel. he wont even gently caress his own girlfriend. the joker only wants to gently caress batman, but batman wont let him out of the Villain Zone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYSNUL2hrQM

volcel then surely, if we're going to entertain moronic redpill language at all

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

That's a ...pretty direct scene for an afterschool kids cartoon about batman.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The Bloop posted:

incels could have sex, they are only incels because they have weird hangups and standards. just like the joker

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Big Beef City posted:

That's a ...pretty direct scene for an afterschool kids cartoon about batman.

:v:
i think thats why she says "rev up you Harley" instead of "Ride your Harley"

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

The Bloop posted:

More of a PUA, I think. He's self-centered, abusive, and blatantly manipulative. He only cares about her as personal property and a part of his gimmick.

I am glad she leaves him for the pansexual vegan eco-terrorist.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Joker hosed Harley pregnant according to one of them there Arkham games, tho.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Joker

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Das Boo posted:

Joker hosed Harley pregnant according to one of them there Arkham games, tho.

Did he though?
Or is that just what she told him after getting knocked with Poison Ivy's plant baby I bet you can't Riddle Me That smart guy

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Das Boo posted:

Joker hosed Harley pregnant

This is a novel and uncomfortable turn of phrase

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPJ8b7zwa98