Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
The different independents are a new thing. The usual grays are monsters, bandits, and tribals that we are used to. The ones you noted are new, denoted by a fuller bluish gray. They're sometimes referred to as 'kingdom' or 'empire'. Basically human-centric independants that most towns, ports, and the imperial city itself belong to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Welcome to Elysium. Beware of Deer.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Demons don't gently caress around, at least not the higher tier ones. On my recent Kobold game I managed to find a scroll to yeet a kobold prophet down to inferno to see if I could scrounge some resources. Kicked over an emerald mine and started facerolling the local villages, but any towers or cities or god forbid the lords? Noooope. I even saved and poked em just to see, they just lay waste.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

I do love painting maps my color, and enjoy being lazy enough to let the AI do the actual fighting. So this game is extremely my jam.

Sadly, the game won't go on long enough for us to witness his Bernicus' ascension into lichdom to prolong his life.