Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:lol:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I was inspired to start this thread because the local news ran a piece that was all :qq: "why don't high school kids remember 9/11?" :qq:

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
I got to stay home from school the rest of the day after the planes hit the towers i was pumped

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
millenials have begrudging respect for Osama Bin Laden because he gave them early afterschool

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Lastgirl posted:

millenials have begrudging respect for Osama Bin Laden because he gave them early afterschool

I started work at 6am PST that day, and I still had to finish my shift at 4:30 :(

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

This image should be a modern cultural cornerstone

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Thats the one

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

I started work at 6am PST that day, and I still had to finish my shift at 4:30 :(

lol old rear end bitch

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Lmao @ the ending

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

lol old rear end bitch

You'll be 40 one day too

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

The REAL Goobusters posted:

anyone got a link to the original loose change
let's just admit that the music was the only reason anyone was into it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqbD6pU33mA&t=18s

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

I believe this is what actually happened.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
is there anything good happening this year?

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

whaley posted:

the taliban are dancing on the rooftops

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX1SojKfgNI

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos

whaley posted:

I'll send you a Facebook invite to our block party, we're having a Jenga tournament and Fred is bringing his special "Jet Fuel" spicy dip

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos

What happened on the rest of that map, did a bridge collapse? That's a very nice small town 9/11, you did the best you could. The only authentic 9/11 was in New York baby! Greatest city and greatest 9/11 of all time!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Happy 9/11 Eve!

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
https://twitter.com/dpatrikarakos/status/1436058478448201734?s=19

copypasta'ed LOL from the Afghanistan thread

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/SquawkCNBC/status/1436278590304309259?s=19

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

incredible, you gotta hand it to them

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/1436314149567483907?s=19

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

remember how in the immediate aftermath there was a real tense few days where none of the foreign policy talking heads would say for SURE that we weren't going to invade saudi arabia

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

one of the greatest threads in history

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 391 days!
President Trump is going to be doing color commentary on a boxing match tomorrow, 9/11

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

iran, and most of the west, really thought in the aftermath of 9/11 the US would move to align with them. Hundreds of thousands of people marched in tehran to show their support for the united states in the immediate aftermath because EVERYONE loving KNEW THE SAUDIS DID IT

all early gains in afghanistan were because the Iranian National Guard was doing the heavy lifting; they knew the terrain, the people, the language, etc.

we now know that the only thing that stopped the iranians from getting bin laden was likely rumsfeld saying not to guard the entrance into pakistan for some reason

anyway the guy that was in charge of that military operation was blown up in a random rear end drone strike by donald trump lmao

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Dang YouTube took down tribute.avi :sigh: guess we did forget

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
A post-9/11 world where we told the Saudis to go hang and allied with Iran would be interesting but we still would've hosed it up.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

the same iranian general that trump murdered after the military presented him with an option not thinking he'd select it in a million years was the one that defeated ISIS in iraq

dude literally did all the heavy lifting for america over twenty years, is basically some metal gear style protagonist, and trump was just like "yeah sure whatever murder him"

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 391 days!
tomorrow my family and I will huddle around the laptop and continue our solemn 9/11 tradition of watching Undimmed By Anime Tears

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

so what's the deal with the information about saudi involvement that they're trying to get released, will that ever happen or is that just another "lmao" moment

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

lmao

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

the same iranian general that trump murdered after the military presented him with an option not thinking he'd select it in a million years was the one that defeated ISIS in iraq

dude literally did all the heavy lifting for america over twenty years, is basically some metal gear style protagonist, and trump was just like "yeah sure whatever murder him"

remember when everyone thought that would start a war, but then iran just bombed some dudes in a bunker at some base and blew an airliner out of the sky?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Good soup! posted:

so what's the deal with the information about saudi involvement that they're trying to get released, will that ever happen or is that just another "lmao" moment

i read an interview recently from a senator that was on the 9/11 commission and he straight up said "i remember exactly whos names were redacted but i can't say"

after two decades it has to be people that are powerful and still alive enough to pull strings, so like literally any saudi prince

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

fits my needs posted:

remember when everyone thought that would start a war, but then iran just bombed some dudes in a bunker at some base and blew an airliner out of the sky?

quote:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. military on Monday disclosed a more than 50% jump in cases of traumatic brain injury stemming from Iran’s missile attack on a base in Iraq last month, with the number of service members diagnosed climbing to over 100.

No U.S. troops were killed or faced immediate bodily injury when Iran fired missiles at the Ain al-Asad base in Iraq in retaliation for the U.S. killing of Revolutionary Guard General Qassem Soleimani in a drone strike at the Baghdad airport on Jan. 3.

100 soldiers will never be able to look at fluorescent lights again but no bodily harm was done

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...k-idUSKBN2041ZK