Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

turn everything into horror

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Edit: typo

itry fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Sep 10, 2021

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

lmao

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I like where this is going.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Already a horror movie.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

What do squirrels got to do with nickel-metal hyd... oh.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

itry posted:

:vince:

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Omg these are so good
:dance:

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

itry posted:

Shouldn’t that be every Sunday?

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Never liked that little brat :hmmyes:

Chrs posted:

Shouldn’t that be every Sunday?

It was Christmas 2004 (or w/e) originally, but...

naem
May 29, 2011

itry posted:

Never liked that little brat :hmmyes:

It was Christmas 2004 (or w/e) originally, but...

:stare:

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Hard to come up with stuff fitting the theme. I made a Green Book one, but I think it may be :yikes: territory.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

itry posted:

Hard to come up with stuff fitting the theme. I made a Green Book one, but I think it may be :yikes: territory.

:justpost:

A wiser poster than me said: if you don't post out of fear of probation, you've already banned yourself.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

itry posted:

:justpost:

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
what does everyone use to edit images like this? is it still photoshop? I always found it so hard to use. What is the easiest for noobs?

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Lascivious Sloth posted:

what does everyone use to edit images like this? is it still photoshop? I always found it so hard to use. What is the easiest for noobs?

I used to be a purely Photoshop man, but now I do almost all my stuff for the forums with free apps on my phone. Unfortunately no one app seems to satisfactorily cover everything.

Autodesk Sketchbook - I use this one for most of the actual cutting up and arranging of elements. It has good tools for working in layers and painting, and let's you do some helpful stuff with layers like changing blend modes and tweaking the color levels and saturation/hue/darkness.

It's main deficits are that you can't really do anything beyond that, like adjust contrast or black levels or any of that. It also has terrible text tools.

For all other tweaking and for creating good text I use Photo Editor from MG Soft Inc. This one has a lot of tools but no real layers support so everything has to be burned into the image once you're done and can't be tweaked later. One great thing though is you can load custom fonts!

Not a perfect workflow, but it works! And now I can make stupid pictures in bed. :cool:

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

Tip posted:

I used to be a purely Photoshop man, but now I do almost all my stuff for the forums with free apps on my phone. Unfortunately no one app seems to satisfactorily cover everything.

Autodesk Sketchbook - I use this one for most of the actual cutting up and arranging of elements. It has good tools for working in layers and painting, and let's you do some helpful stuff with layers like changing blend modes and tweaking the color levels and saturation/hue/darkness.

It's main deficits are that you can't really do anything beyond that, like adjust contrast or black levels or any of that. It also has terrible text tools.

For all other tweaking and for creating good text I use Photo Editor from MG Soft Inc. This one has a lot of tools but no real layers support so everything has to be burned into the image once you're done and can't be tweaked later. One great thing though is you can load custom fonts!

Not a perfect workflow, but it works! And now I can make stupid pictures in bed. :cool:

I just want to be able to blend two images together easily so I can put an actuals pig face looking back on the big pig balls photo, featuring Mr Yu. So, an easy way to cut out a shape from one image, paste it on another, and then blend it together. I've tried GIMP and it's such trash, I have no idea how to use it, and photoshop seems too complicated. Many years ago the best I used was some PNG editor I can't remember the name. So Autodesk Sketchbook is good for this?

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Lascivious Sloth posted:

I just want to be able to blend two images together easily so I can put an actuals pig face looking back on the big pig balls photo, featuring Mr Yu. So, an easy way to cut out a shape from one image, paste it on another, and then blend it together. I've tried GIMP and it's such trash, I have no idea how to use it, and photoshop seems too complicated. Many years ago the best I used was some PNG editor I can't remember the name. So Autodesk Sketchbook is good for this?

I don't know if you'll find it easy or not but sketchbook is very capable of doing that, it also doesn't have a huge amount of functionality beyond that so it's a bit less cluttered and cumbersome than something like gimp.

In the gallery view you'd press the plus button and then press "new from image" and select the bottom image you want to use. Then in the editing area at the top of the screen you'd click the button with a ruler and protractor on it and hit import image and select your picture to go on top, then it will let you resize it and move it around. After that you can select an eraser and remove the extra bits.

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

Tip posted:

I don't know if you'll find it easy or not but sketchbook is very capable of doing that, it also doesn't have a huge amount of functionality beyond that so it's a bit less cluttered and cumbersome than something like gimp.

In the gallery view you'd press the plus button and then press "new from image" and select the bottom image you want to use. Then in the editing area at the top of the screen you'd click the button with a ruler and protractor on it and hit import image and select your picture to go on top, then it will let you resize it and move it around. After that you can select an eraser and remove the extra bits.

Thanks, I'll try it. Does it also allow you to join those two images together and "blend" it so it looks natural? Like the Dances with Warewolves example in this thread, it's flawless.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

itry
Aug 23, 2019

It's somebody's horror story...

lol

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Now this is how you reboot a franchise.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I know this was already horror, but I had a flash of something resembling inspiration. :downs:

CaptainSarcastic fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Sep 12, 2021

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Lascivious Sloth posted:

Tip posted:

Seconding (thirding?) Autodesk Sketchbook and also recommending SuperimposeX if you want to use apps. It’s great for making forums “photoshops” It gives you layers, blending options, lots of color adjustment options, warping, and effects. The drawback is there aren’t as many drawing and sketching options as Sketchbook which is more suited for that kind of thing.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I'm on desktop and incredibly lazy so GIMP is my usual editor. If I put in more time and effort I can get good results with it, but I usually am doing the editing equivalent of shitposting, so :shrug:

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

lol

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

Ralph Hurley posted:

Seconding (thirding?) Autodesk Sketchbook and also recommending SuperimposeX if you want to use apps. It’s great for making forums “photoshops” It gives you layers, blending options, lots of color adjustment options, warping, and effects. The drawback is there aren’t as many drawing and sketching options as Sketchbook which is more suited for that kind of thing.

Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

This is clever