Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Good lord, that took a while to read, at least an hour and a half or somesuch. And I'm a pretty fast reader as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Regarding brother marc's story, it reminds me of what it turns out is a fairly common occurrence in archeology. So a bunch of archaeologists are doing work in the SW and keep finding knives in the rafters of these houses. Being archeologists they immediately start coming up with all kinds of religious and cultural reasons for why the knives are up there, only to have a random visiting mother take one look at the situation and say "Oh that's smart, the kids can't reach the knives that way".

Reminds me of the story with a weird dodecahedron thing that got dug up at some place and archeologists didn't really have a clue what it was, until someone else unrelated realized it was something used for knitting.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

idhrendur posted:

These ones? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_dodecahedron

Oh hey, sure enough it mentions the knitting, if just as a theory (but it's wikipedia, so even if there were knitting clubs saying 'we use those in modern times!' it'd still say just a theory). I don't think it mentioned that last time I looked at the article.

Yeah, those are the ones I Was thinking off.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

quote:

so this means he gets to chug some Fadamor's Formula to strongthen him up and open the door.

I assume this is meant to be strengthen.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

PurpleXVI posted:

I mean it was, but I kind of like strongthen now that I read it. It's going to stay now.

That is fair.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

quote:

Exposion!

Explosion!
Although I assume you meant exposition there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Weak wig game, strong facial hair game. Which sadly wasn't enough.