Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Detour it is!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Do corpses (or their loot) despawn in this game? Seems like carrying capacity is limited, and I guess it'd be sad to wipe out a bunch of encounters early on and have to leave a bunch of vendor junk behind to disappear if you're not constantly running back to stores.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

:doggo: :rip:

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Wow, that was an update, alright! You... know you can break up and spread out updates a bit, right? :v:

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

PurpleXVI posted:

Still, the battle goes pretty easily

:gibs:

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Oh no! Two moredhel! There's no way Owyn and Gorath could've handled that without getting captured!

The chapter ending depended on figuring out a riddle chest? It's a pretty simple one, but that still seems a little surprising. I guess games back then were more of the "figure it out if you want to keep playing" school of design.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Apropos of nothing, I really dislike how this game lists your money in [X] s (sovereigns?) and [Y] r (royals?), but then lists everything for sale as [X] gold and [Y] silver. I had this game as a kid and I always thought that my [X] s were silvers, and therefore everything was orders of magnitude more expensive than I could afford.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Very convenient of Pug to remember amazing illusionary skills at the last minute when he was otherwise relying on Owyn's brain for all his magical knowledge!

So forgive me if I missed it or forgot, but was it ever explained why Delekhan was so mad about his guy capturing Gorath and bringing him back to the Northlands? At the time I was thinking that Delekhan had some villainous plot where he needed the heroes to unwittingly do something for him, and that's why he didn't want Gorath captured and kept him alive afterward, but.... I don't remember anything coming of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Ah yes, that makes sense. Thanks!

And I have no opinions on BoA vs. RtK! I expect I'll follow either one.