Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I've never played this one, I remeber it being the hot poo poo in the lead up and for a little bit after it's release and then... nothing. Usually when people wax nostalgically about old CRPGs, it's mentioned offhand at best, if at all. I'm curious to see why that might be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So... what's so bad about Jimmy the Hand for someone who doesn't want to hate-read something bad?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Go after the rocks! No, the other rocks.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

That's clearly just a dopplodog.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

PurpleXVI posted:

My only complaint about this post is that now I have to think up different terrible puns for the actual LP update.

Eh, don't worry about it, I don't think anyone wants you wasting time hounding after puns. Just work at a pace you're happy with, I imagine balancing life and working on LPs can be a bitch. I think everyone would prefer a high-qualiry LP over a steaming pile of shih tzu.

I REGRET NOTHING.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So what happened between Owen and the magician? Was it just that Owen suspected/knew the last question was going to be antrick, so he faked being blind to hope he would ask if Owen could see him, or did he actually do something to Owen that Owen dispelled?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

PurpleXVI posted:

For a bit of context on this, each update I post is between an hour and 90 minutes of gameplay, even for someone like me who knows the game more or less like the back of their hand and has a guide to hand for trivia. So for me, getting this far has been ~15 hours of gameplay, and we're only just starting chapter 4 out of 9. Not all of them are going to be equally long, especially if you know what you're doing, but it should still hint at just how much content this game has.

How long would the chapters be if you didn't suffer from "Mainpathphobia" though? Because you've been wandering fairly far from the main path, by all accounts (though it does seem to be because the designers seemed to think "Hey, let's stick a side quest that can only be done in this chapter as far away from the main chapter beats as we can" was a good idea).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Antara because who doesn't love non-canonical adventures?