Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

PurpleXVI posted:

Sometimes there will only be one path ahead, but usually there will be several. I'll leave it up to the thread as often as possible whether the party goes raring off after a dumb side quest, takes the long way around or scoots cross-country in a straight line to their goal.

Dude, we're goons. EVERY vote will be to dick around as much as possible before getting to the point and you know it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

I was always amused by this. It's THEIR campsite and they just spent the night there.

Man, Dubal wasn't kidding when he said humans have short memories.

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

raifield posted:

Betrayal at Krondor is one of my "must play" games that I'm never going to actually play all the way through, alongside Ultima 6 and System Shock 1.

The enhanced edition of SS1 allows mouselook. It still doesn't bring the controls up to the level of the second game, but it's a major improvement.

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

PurpleXVI posted:

Due to a brief bit of confusion, I thought you meant a novelization of System Shock 1. Which I can only imagine as the weirdest thing if it existed.

Welllllllllll...

https://www.shamusyoung.com/shocked/

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012
Oh, and arguably even weirder is this: https://www.it-he.org/sshock.php

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012
I stand by what I said earlier:

DGM_2 posted:

Dude, we're goons. EVERY vote will be to dick around as much as possible before getting to the point and you know it.

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

Roxors posted:

My vote is to show the side things that disappear after chapter 1, but avoid burning through too much else. The later chapters can feel a little empty if you do too much looting and questing at the beginning of the game.

This is a fair point.

Alright, my standing vote for the rest of the game is that you must EVENTUALLY do everything - no letting "lost forever" stuff go by - but otherwise you're welcome to do things whenever you think it works best for the LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

JustJeff88 posted:

I change my vote to match that of the Shadow Minister for Sensible Gaming

Heh. Never been called THAT before, but I'll take it!