Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Maybe it means slices of dried apple. That makes more sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

PurpleXVI posted:

Hocho's Haven, which gives a coating of ablative extra HP to an ally of the caster's for a while.

Interesting. Hocho (full name Hochopepa) is a Tsurani Great One, one of Milamber's friends. And from what I remember probably too lazy to bother creating his own personal spell, especially a combat based one.

Anyway, let's go to Northwarden and see if there's anyone interesting up there.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Ishap gets more detail later in the books. It doesn't precisely end up being plot relevant but there's some worldbuilding and a side story there, mostly involving Nakor for a while. I'm being vague because of spoilers.

also hi Kevin! Wasn't really expecting him. He's a fairly major character in the second trilogy of the books, the ones set on Kelewan and describing their side of the war; that's what he's referring to when he talks about his time with Lady Mara of the Acoma. (Probably the best of the books, as well. With a female protagonist, and a pretty well written one at that. Feist had a co author, and it shows.)

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Tiggum posted:

Always detour.

what kind of gamer actually heads straight for an objective, sheesh

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

"Oh, your dog plays fetch? That's cute. Watch this."

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

PurpleXVI posted:

My only complaint about this post is that now I have to think up different terrible puns for the actual LP update.

I dunno, you might be barking up the wrong tree there.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

PurpleXVI posted:

It's important to love what you do.

To be a proper scenery-chewing villain you have to master the dramatic flounce, as demonstrated superbly by our buddy Delekhan here.

edit: update on the previous page

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

MagusofStars posted:

I find the novel/game comparisons interesting personally. :shrug:

Same! I really enjoy the books despite their flaws, but I'm less familiar with the game.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

PurpleXVI posted:

Hey, he stopped to put a sweet-rear end .gif on his wall first.

If you want some extra comedy, the one cover of a Midkemia book I have that features an adult Pug/Milamber has him with short, dark hair and a beard. :v:

His choosing to wear a beard is even part of his characterisation. He was a slave on Kelewan before becoming a magician and slaves there wear beards, and everyone else was very confused that he chose to keep the beard after being freed.

Long flowing blond hair is... certainly a look. I wonder if their logic was that Gamina is blonde, and they just forgot that she's not Pug's biological daughter?

Then again nobody really looks like their canon descriptions here. Or their canon age, mostly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Voting Return to Krondor first - you should finish one series before picking up a new one.