Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
This game is great but I forget most things about it other than the combat being extremely brutal and unforgiving at times. Looking forward to this.

I also seem to recall that despite it being part of the setting the game was actually reasonably low magic in execution, which at the time felt uncommon to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I have no real preference other than maximizing the amount of time Locklear has to deal with Owyn being loose lipped about their actual destination.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Roxors posted:

My vote is to show the side things that disappear after chapter 1, but avoid burning through too much else. The later chapters can feel a little empty if you do too much looting and questing at the beginning of the game.

Now that you mention this I do remember this being an issue, so I'm also good with the side content being paced out a bit more.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Definitely didn't remember using consumables like the tuning fork, so I'm sure that made things more difficult! But like you said, since battles are ultimately finite I probably just assumed it was worth the effort to fight trolls just in case.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Guildenstern Mother posted:

The thing about trolls is they never carry loot

In fairness I was probably playing this when I was 13 or so, and there are definitely other games in that era I came back to later and realized that I was approaching them extremely incorrectly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Detour if it makes sense with your LPer knowledge of what is chapter limited, but don't do content that can be used to better flesh out later chapters imo.