Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

lets throw in the hilarious benefits cliff that comes with medicaid even in 'blue states' or whatever.

i am currently disincentivized from earning more money, because the moment my income ticks a penny over the medicaid limit, i'm kicked off, and forced onto the individual market.

and of course, the cheapest silver plans don't even come close to the coverage medicaid offers. i am literally staying purposefuly poorer so my health care costs don't go from literally $0 (medicaid is deducitbles/copays/premiums free, at least in my state) to hundreds of dollars a month, and i'd lose vision & dental. i imagine i am one of hundreds of thousands if not millions in this situation. its loving so absurd

BIL and wife just had a baby

they’re in this loophole where they have to carefully not do good at their business so that they can continue to provide post natal care for said baby. they are literally doing accounting tricks and tanking their own potential

however they also have to make money to spend on baby because its a loving child

it’s absolutely insane and barbaric

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU