Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

What did everybody get? George bush left me a whole entire wet towel underneath my 9/11 tree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

it should be 11/9 ffs this has been bugging me for 20 years.

the american way of writing the date is stupid and dumb i'm sorry but it's true.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

Knot My President! posted:

my friend asked me to make this and it got our meme page shut down on facebook lol

here is my contribution to the 9/11 thread by bringing this hot post to page 11

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

it should be 11/9 ffs this has been bugging me for 20 years.

the american way of writing the date is stupid and dumb i'm sorry but it's true.

September 11th, 2001

vs

The 11th of September, 2001

hmm im not sure which one is stupid ??????

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Ziv Zulander posted:

September 11th, 2001

vs

The 11th of September, 2001

hmm im not sure which one is stupid ??????

when you write it out fully it doesn't matter. but in just numbers, going from smallest to largest (day/month/year) makes way more sense than (month/day/year)

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

when you write it out fully it doesn't matter. but in just numbers, going from smallest to largest (day/month/year) makes way more sense than (month/day/year)

September twelfth? Never heard of it. 9/12 doesn’t actually exist, that’s not a real date. I’m living in the twelfth of September. 12/9. I know this is real because it’s a fact. You go from the smallest number to the largest number, no matter how people actually pronounce the date that we’re living in.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
Just took the traditional post-9/11 massive poo poo. Good corn this year.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Ziv Zulander posted:

September twelfth? Never heard of it. 9/12 doesn’t actually exist, that’s not a real date. I’m living in the twelfth of September. 12/9. I know this is real because it’s a fact. You go from the smallest number to the largest number, no matter how people actually pronounce the date that we’re living in.

12th of september is right yeah

unless you're in the usa or another couple of weirdo countries

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_format_by_country

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Christmas? Well that’s the 25th of December.

What the gently caress are you talking about 12/25? That doesn’t even exist. Christmas is obviously 25/12, the 25th day of the twelfth month. It’s not December 25th, it’s the 25th of December.

Remember. You go from the larger to the smaller number. This is a completely normal thing that is conveyed in everyday normal conversation.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
We ought to send everyone who uses non-UTC date formats into skyscrapers and crash planes into them, but they wouldn't turn up for it on the right day.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Xaintrailles posted:

We ought to send everyone who uses non-UTC date formats into skyscrapers and crash planes into them, but they wouldn't turn up for it on the right day.

All I’m saying is. If you’re actually speaking, using your words. Using your mouth to talk. You say September 11. If you’re writing, some cursed people say 11/9.

Some people say that writing 11/9 is right. I say they can go to hell

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

another annoying thing about 9/11 anniversaries is everyone online telling their boring story of how they were in a classroom or at work when the news came in.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

god tier cringe

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Time stamp is ~45 seconds if it doesn't load.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObR5OuY2d94&t=44s

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

https://mobile.twitter.com/post_hog/status/1243292754605678592

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://i.imgur.com/FoG3scq.gifv

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!

Brown is sus

Schlong Connery
Jan 20, 2014

Pika-Chew
I forgot it was 9/11 yesterday. I went to the beach

Schlong Connery
Jan 20, 2014

Pika-Chew
I do often remember and think about the 9/11 star wars thread. Definitely one of the hardest times I've ever laughed.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Great ninen leven this year, I hope it will be even better next year :)

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://i.imgur.com/BEHROUl.gifv

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Is that robot crying?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Yes. This monster in comics, a super villain, is shedding a tear over thev meaningless loss of life from the attack... It's stupid at gently caress, thus the lol. Lol

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

I can't help but notice, that they aren't actually helping with the disaster in the background.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNKD726-z0Y

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Sorr y I'm late

Feebus Reloaded
Jul 28, 2016

THIS WAS AJUDGED TO BOTH COMMIT TO AND VIOLATE A SACRED POSTIN OATH

Harrowing, unedited news audio from that fateful day ... not for the faint of heart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SPWgodul_E

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

YeahTubaMike posted:

Yeah, when I got home from school, I just watched Spongebob all afternoon because they'd been showing nothing but news during school.

Are they trying to say that they should send the towers to hell instead? :psyduck:

Those towers were ugly IMO.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

On september 12th I met up with a friend and walked as far downtown in Manhattan as we could go. I think it was blocked off below Canal street so we just wandered around and watched all the emergency vehicles and confused people.

After stopping by Union Square park and seeing the growing shrine and all the missing person fliers we saw that the movie theater was open. A handwritten sign on the door said “today is a day at the movies! All movies, snacks and drinks FREE”

So we go in and watch Apocalypse Now Redux in a packed theater. It was weird as hell.

”Kurtz” posted:

If I had ten divisions of those men, then our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are moral, and at the same time, who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to kill without feeling, without passion. Without judgment. Without Judgment. Because it’s judgment that defeats us.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

super sweet best pal posted:

Those towers were ugly IMO.

They didn't really look like anything. :shrug:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

YeahTubaMike posted:

They didn't really look like anything. :shrug:

One cool thing about them was the flat corners, I guess you could call them chamfered idk.

If you laid down right against the building with your rear end as close to the building as possible and looked straight up it looked like a path leading off into the sky with nothing around it.

I did that once on acid and loved it

E- weird autocorrect turned against into yoga instructor

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Did Magneto and Doom retire forever after that, because :staredog:

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y50eNpEqbTg

bin laden weed

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

I only learnt recently that Osama Bin Laden had sworn revenge on the U.S. after he saw a local hospital bombed by them.

It's a testament to the widespread idiocy of patriotism both in the U.S. and here in Australia that it took that many years to see the fact mentioned in a documentary.

The reality is that a lot of the world hates the U.S and its allies for similar reasons.

What if the U.S., English, Australian etc. heads of state made lengthy, genuine, tearfilled apologies on camera for all the war crimes our countries have been responsible for, literally prostrating themselves on the ground? What if they swore to do everything possible to avoid a repeat, and to seriously punish those national troops and commanders who committed war crimes, past and future? What if they each declared a month of national mourning and soul searching?

Nah, it's all about "obliterating" the "Axis of Evil", so they can't "win". Just look how well that's worked, and is working.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Sep 12, 2021

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

BigBadSteve posted:

I only learnt recently that Osama Bin Laden had sworn revenge on the U.S. after he saw a local hospital bombed by them.

It's a testament to the widespread idiocy of patriotism both in the U.S. and here in Australia that it took that many years to see the fact mentioned in a documentary.

The reality is that a lot of the world hates the U.S and its allies for similar reasons.

What if the U.S., English, Australian etc. heads of state made lengthy, genuine, tearfilled apologies on camera for all the war crimes our countries have been responsible for, literally prostrating themselves on the ground? What if they swore to do everything possible to avoid a repeat, and to seriously punish those national troops and commanders who committed war crimes, past and future? What if they each declared a month of national mourning and soul searching?

Nah, it's all about "obliterating" the "Axis of Evil", so they can't "win". Just look how well that's worked, and is working.

Cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
Scrubbed from Youtube, best 9/11 video.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x32rj1j