Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Pretty good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

El Generico posted:

I mean yeah, he's pretty good

AEW is full of people who are great

Only way to get better is wrestle more!

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

dracula vladdy AF posted:

yeah I'm extremely into this combo. I don't know what exactly it was, but that thing with Stat picking up Riho and hoisting her up on her back so she could do some sick machine gun kicks is inspired

it was hilarious but it also opened up so many possibilities of how Riho can be used as a weapon

So like female Chaos Project?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
That was a pretty decent match there :)

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Pillman is pretty good and is improving every time he gets in the ring

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I loved that

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

El Generico posted:

I mean yeah, he's pretty good

AEW is full of people who are great

And if they want to continue having a roster full of great workers they need to give high profile chances to the good ones so they can improve

dracula vladdy AF
May 6, 2011
I like BPJ but I didn't initially, when I started watching the Blondes did nothing for me. I don't see him as a upper card guy, at least not yet, but he's got an earnestness about him that he can probably go far with if he's able to really double down on it, sort of like Jungle Boy.

Curious to see how far he goes, there's a lot of folks in the company who started off kind of unremarkable but changed dramatically, I mean I wasn't there at the start but by all accounts Britt was very different than she is now.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

whoa when i was last watchign regularly, mox had no friends. looks like he found one in pillman jr. :unsmith:

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Unperson_47 posted:

whoa when i was last watchign regularly, mox had no friends. looks like he found one in pillman jr. :unsmith:

Eddie Kingston: Am I a joke to you?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Wrestlers winning in their hometowns...is good.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Great show, I enjoyed watching it!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
AEW giving a midcarder a brief push when they're touring in his state/region is something a good company would do

Making that midcarder lose to the best pure heel in the company when you're in New York, that heel's home state, is also something a good company would do

dracula vladdy AF
May 6, 2011

TV Zombie posted:

So like female Chaos Project?

That or some sort of Banjo-Kazooie sort of situation

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
do they tape rampage before or after dynamite?

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

As someone who had his dad as a second favorite after Sting as a kid, seeing that was great.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Pamela Springstein posted:

After

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah BPJ is still basically a rookie, we’ll see where he ends up, but he’s got potential.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
As someone who is not from Cincinnati and does not care about Cincinnati, it kind of feels like the card happened in reverse order from what you’d expect. Still a very good show!

King Of Coons
May 5, 2006

Saucer Crab posted:

As someone who had his dad as a second favorite after Sting as a kid, seeing that was great.

What was your dads in ring name?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
BPJ is already an excellent midcard babyface and he's only getting better. I won't necessarily say that he's ever going to become a main eventer, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did either.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

The Lord of Hats posted:

As someone who is not from Cincinnati and does not care about Cincinnati, it kind of feels like the card happened in reverse order from what you’d expect. Still a very good show!

I think it’s like the old Saturday Night Main Event shows, they do the big fight first to catch the most people ‘cause it’s late.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

The Lord of Hats posted:

Rampage is in a death slot, where people tune out as it goes on, so the card is in reverse order.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Duke Pukem posted:

And if they want to continue having a roster full of great workers they need to give high profile chances to the good ones so they can improve

Chances, yes, high profile, eh

By all means keep giving him matches. On Dark. Where I can just skip them

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Audio out of sync on fite wtf

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

fez_machine posted:

Rampage is in a death slot, where people tune out as it goes on, so the card is in reverse order.

It depends on what they show, the first Rampage saw the main event as the highest rated quarter.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

fez_machine posted:

The time gap absolutely destroyed the ChocoPro watching party especially because Lulu and Emi were in the chat watching on TNT

lmao incredibly powerful. (also lmao @ emi and lulu getting TNT in emi's condo)

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
womens trios was fuckin great, hayter can sell

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I understand cutting fullscreen commercial breaks, but why would Fite cut out for mid-match breaks too? It's not like the footage isn't there, or the match stops. Just keep showing the match like they do with Dynamite. It's really weird.

For those confused about Chavo, "everybody hates Chavo" has been a thing for years. He promotes wrestlers, either pisses everyone off or betrays them, and gets his rear end kicked.

What I'm hoping is that the timing of this means he's getting rid of one of his entourage to make room for a new luchador tag team and we'll get Andrade & his boys vs Death Triangle.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

RAW got 4 pages.

Smack down got 2.

Rampage got 15.

lol

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rampagethoughts

Jim Ross in for Excalibur

1) Andrade El Idolo vs PAC. We're right into it with this one. Very physical from the start. Super fast. PAC is working athletic and it's beautiful. If anyone was wondering how good Andrade was, he does some physically ludicrous moves to the outside. The part where PAC dangles from the turnbuckles is amazing. Oh jesus golly gently caress that electric chair into a huricanrana was absolutely ridiculous. This match is great. PAC with a DIVING 450 off the ropes. That was beautiful. The only issue I have with this excellent match is that PAC was going for the visually spectacular when I wanted him to go for the savage. Fuckery from Chavo and Ipad guy gets Andrade the win. This was loving great.

Post match, Andrade attacks Chavo and leaves him for the Lucha Bros and PAC. Now that is genuinely interesting character work.

Darby and Sting out to talk. Spears is a generic piece of poo poo. Sting calls out Tully. Tully comes out as distraction while Spears attacks Dobby. OK.

Adam Cole package, baybay. Cole is super intense here. He puts over Christian and Bryan. Bryan's a very subdued promo but has his eyes on Kenny.

2) Britt, Jamie, and Rebel vs Ruby, Kris, and Riho. Best Friends Expanded Universe. Riho and Britt to start. Nice exchange then Kris comes in. Hahaha, the Kris / Riho machine gun feet was amazing. I really want Riho vs Jamie at some point. They keep Ruby out as long as possible and she comes in as a firecracker. Stat hits a double suplex on Jamie and Rebel. We still haven't had Britt vs Ruby in this match. Riho is queen missile. This was a really good fun TV match.

Max and Pillman interviewed pre-match. Good to see young guys given the main event.

3) Max Caster vs Brian Pillman Jr. Good Max rap. This is a hot simple rookie match. Brian is white meat white heat Max is skilled and sneaky, Bowens is amazing on the outside. Pillman has distinctly improved from when he debuted, and while this is definitely not the best match on the card, it's solidly good throughout. Love that clubbing top rope lariat. Flyin Brian gets the victory. Very nice.

Post match Bowens mugs Pillman and hometown boy Mox makes the save. Very decent.

A very decent 45 minutes of TV.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Kirios posted:

RAW got 4 pages.

Smack down got 2.

Rampage got 15.

lol

And this is lower than it should be because of ad free fite

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I know it's the hometown thing but it's funny that BPJ's actual partner got chumped on Wed and didn’t help on this show so Mox had to

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Brian Pillman Jr and Max Caster put on an excellent main event for a 1992 WCW Worldwide.
Not that I'm saying the match shouldn't have happened or anything; might as well make BPjr look better than Griff did against MJF.
But all this having been said; can we please stop having the Blondes be #1 in the rankings. It's loving silly.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
the blondes rule

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

the blondes rule

My favorite song of the Black Sabbath Dio era

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

sticklefifer posted:

I understand cutting fullscreen commercial breaks, but why would Fite cut out for mid-match breaks too? It's not like the footage isn't there, or the match stops. Just keep showing the match like they do with Dynamite. It's really weird.

That would require AEW to provide a Fite cut with that footage not removed. I’m guessing the live-to-air Rampages will probably have everything though.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Pamela Springstein posted:

I believe they do it before? But that would mean the commentary was recorded later?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

U believe wrong. It's after Dynamite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

nuketulsa posted:

I believe they do it before? But that would mean the commentary was recorded later?

There were two matches on Rampage that were set up on Dynamite, so it would have to be taped after.