Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

lurker2006 posted:

Can you explain the video evidence of squibs occurring dozens of floors below the pancaking collapse?
Roughly what floors are you talking about (i.e. how far ahead of "the pancaking collapse") and at what point in the collapse?

The buildings didn't collapse from the top down, they collapsed from high down, the likelihood of each floor failing being determined by how much damage it had sustained and how much load/impact it was carrying/being hit by. The floors carrying the most load were at the bottom, but they were the least damaged. The floors right at the top might have been significantly damaged, but they weren't carrying much load. The floors around three quarters of the way up were very badly damaged and also carrying a significant load of higher floors. Once one floor had failed it began to carry additional floors with it due to the tremendous impact of about a quarter of the building falling 3 metres. And I can't say I've ever noticed anything suspicious about what was happening below the point of failure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU