Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

TerminalBlue posted:

Nah, I'm pretty sure previous to the Rumsfeld memo the SOP was to just shoot down airliners full of people if they deviated from their assigned routes.

Imagine the conspiracies in the world the us government just randomly shot down the flight of the guy that created fraiser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Big Dick Cheney posted:

But seriously, how did those passports survive the crash? That seems very implausible. Of course, someone dropping a passport somewhere doesn't mean that the rest of the conspiracies are true.

Only one really miraculously survived. One was collected from missed baggage that wasn't on the plane. two were in luggage where the luggage compartment generally fell and didn't end up in the fire, some of the passports were retrieved digitally, some were identified from pieces. It's only Satam al-Suqami's passport that cartoonishly flew out of the plane and had someone find it on the ground. They mostly all survived very normal ways and one being sort of silly seeming got people the idea they all did that. (where like 12 passports doing that seems really implausible, just one doesn't, most did not survive in such unlikely ways)

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Yeah, it's not shocking one could survive, but when people talk about it they often imply the survival was far more wacky than it was. Only one really did the super crazy fly out of the guy's pocket and and neatly for evidence on the street, the majority of them were recovered in very normal sounding ways, like taking copies, finding damaged parts, it being in luggage or left at the airport.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Since this thread last came up I have actually shacked up and got engaged with a flight attendant which makes the whole 9/11 conspiracy stuff even more absurd. I know where she flies to every day, I know what days she has to spend the night away from home, I know most of the flight numbers because we work at the same dang airport. If one of her flights was reported crashed into a building, I would notice she never came home. I'd flip the gently caress out and demand answers, actually.

Presumably the hundreds of passengers and crew on the 9/11 flights also had family and loved ones. Why the gently caress go through all the shenanigans with hijacking and/or slaughtering the people and then shooting a cruise missile? The giant CIA/Mossad coverup could just set up the controlled demolitions and go "terrorists set bombs."

I really truly think some people never fully internalized that the whole world actually exists. Like the world exists from their perspective and they can conceptualize in a factual way other stuff does exist but it's not really part of their worldview. Like the way a tv show about a highschool will nominally have other kids other than the cast, but not really. I think right wing 4chan types verbalize the NPC idea but I think a lot of people secretly think it in a passive way, I think maybe it's one of the cognitive bias things everyone sometimes slips into at least some, but I think some people just never realize to think people on the plane don't just exist in a vacuum, the hearer only knows that one story about them so that is all the story that exists to them.