Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

wingedwolf posted:

Oh don't get me wrong, this is certainly self-promo. I've followed some threads for a while but only registered for the occasion. And then I thought that if I'm helping myself, I might as well help others too. I've seen some stories that fail to gain traction in RR or wherever due to a slow start, but then turn out to be pretty solid. I think that's a shame, and I think that there are people willing to give less known stories a chance. This is the place for them. And people can self-promote too, why not?

So no, Dungeon Crawler Carl is an excellent story (I've read it) but it isn't fit for this thread. And as for the guy who did the manipulation, whoever he is, I'm sure that he was caught, punished accordingly, and never did it again.

LitRPG means including any sort of game mechanics into a book, but it isn't annoying like 'You dealt 12 damage!' It's more like, levels, Classes, Quests, Skills that can evolve or are special, etc.

Also, for the special person who stole my heart by asking for more info, have a more detailed synopsis of The Crab Fighter (possible spoilers):

Our guy Phac (pronounced almost like gently caress) is a rough, sailor guy. He lands in an unknown litrpg world and falls in a crab full of giant crabs. Completely overpowered crabs. He fights his hardest and manages to escape, unlocking a crab-related class in the process. He then lands into the slightly wider world (an island), makes manly and fun friends, as well as crab friends later on, and generally has adventure. But he is impulsive and antagonizes the strong people, who also turn out to be bad guys. Not bad bad, but trying to save the island in a different way than Phac. They fight, Phac gets stronger until he can actually match the antagonist, and the island erupts into an orc-filled, crab-swarmed, devil-infested civil war.

AIDS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU