Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Myers

say hello to my little friend

Having a lot of bad thoughts today so I wanted to make a thread where you turn the bad thoughts into good thoughts. If you have a bad thought try to come up with a good thought instead and then post it! It doesn't have to be related to the bad thought, it can be any kind of good thought.

Like maybe you thought about politics and it made you sad so instead you think about how it's getting cooler outside and pretty soon it's gonna be Halloween. :spooky:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Myers

I think cats are really good.

Thank you How Wonderful! for the autumn sig!

Tiny Myers

Thinking about the little yellow flowers that crop up everywhere in the spring. They're apparently called Oxalis pes-caprae or Bermuda buttercups and they hail from South Africa. They're a pest plant but I think they're really pretty.

deep dish peat moss

if you teach yourself how to draw, you can draw inspiration from anywhere

French Accent

I've thought about more good prospects than bad ones.

Tiny Myers

Thinking about the scent of vanilla. It's a nice scent and I'm glad it exists. Not too overpowering, not too floral.

Robot Made of Meat

Pretend this post doesn't exist.

Instead, think of the scent of vanilla, or perhaps buttered toast.

Robot Made of Meat fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Sep 13, 2021

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Robot Made of Meat

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Every time I see your avatar, I'm happy that you joined us here, and that I persuaded you to post in the avatar thread.

It's good!

eta: DAMMIT! Quote is NOT Edit!

Tiny Myers

Thank you Robot Made Of Meat. I appreciate that a lot. I am glad to be here too. I'm sorry I haven't been around more. I am here to post some more positive thoughts.

I like my avatar and am grateful for the people who made it and bought it for me.

Gross Dude

Gross Dude
I like this thread, I have intrusive thoughts and find it hard to fight them sometimes. It reminds me of this line from I Heart Huckabees.

Your mind is always occupied on something so it may as well be something helpful.

Tiny Myers

Thank you Gross Dude. I suffer from intrusive thoughts too, especially intrusive memories of bad things that have happened in my life or fuckups I have made, and it is very frustrating. :(

Thinking about the byob kitten, it's a good kitten.

Bingo Bango

Thinking about the squirrel I just saw eat a mushroom stem like a tiny corn cob

Tiny Myers

Bingo Bango posted:

Thinking about the squirrel I just saw eat a mushroom stem like a tiny corn cob

I, too, am now thinking about this

nut

thinking bout this pic

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

it's getting to be the perfect weather for walking around in the evening :)

take the moon

by sebmojo
everything is str7 up p chillin sometimes

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Gross Dude

Gross Dude

your friend sk posted:

it's getting to be the perfect weather for walking around in the evening :)

I just walked my dogs and I can confirm this is true.

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
Lately when I wake up my first move is to pour my coffee or tea and go sit with it and read on the porch for an hour or so before checking work e-mails and getting cracking on stuff, it's wonderful now that the weather is getting cold but there are still tons of critters and birds doing their own thing in the yard.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Gross Dude

Gross Dude
It is fun to type Korean street food into YouTube and just let it roll.

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Tacos should replace pizza as the go to party food

sig by owlhawk911

empty whippet box

by Fluffdaddy

Gross Dude posted:

It is fun to type Korean street food into YouTube and just let it roll.

you ever watch this guy? https://www.youtube.com/c/AsKitchen

I've made a lot of his recipes and they are very good and easy.

----------------

frump truck

hello... again!

I think this is a very nice idea for a thread OP 🙂

Stoner Sloth

frump truck posted:

I think this is a very nice idea for a thread OP 🙂

Ventral EggSac

the fluff on a cat's tummy when it is bunched up but laying slightly to the side

Ass-penny

This is a real good thread idea TM.

Thinking about having two more days off coming up even though I really just got back from a week vacation.

And the confused chirpy noise some cats make when you wake them up from a nap.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Tiny Myers

Thank you everyone for posting such nice thoughts. I really appreciate it.

I am thinking about baby raccoons, I think they are really cute.

Stoner Sloth

posting in byob with my pals (that's all of you!)

Stoner Sloth

ice cold cider on a hot day

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

Stoner Sloth posted:

I helped my niece pick something at the store and she ended up with Angry Orchard. I told her to grab one the next time it's hot out and go sit on the patio.

Anytime I need to shift to good thoughts I think of things I can show/teach/experience with my son for his first time. He's 2 and so much amazes him that I always have things to look forward to.

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,Ass-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
Tiny Myers

nesamdoom posted:

I helped my niece pick something at the store and she ended up with Angry Orchard. I told her to grab one the next time it's hot out and go sit on the patio.

Anytime I need to shift to good thoughts I think of things I can show/teach/experience with my son for his first time. He's 2 and so much amazes him that I always have things to look forward to.

You should show him diet coke & mentos. That will blow his mind.

I am thinking about the diet coke & mentos video now.

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

Tiny Myers posted:

You should show him diet coke & mentos. That will blow his mind.

I am thinking about the diet coke & mentos video now.

I hadn't thought of chemical reactions yet! I was a bit sad he was not at all phased by PopRocks, he just ate the whole bag and ignored the crackling. I was slightly impressed by his nonchalance. But, I will def get on some reactive substances and, now that I think of it, non newtonian fluids. I think cornstarch water might gently caress his head up.

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,Ass-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
Drink-Mix Man

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Stoner Sloth posted:

And soon... hot cider on cold days

Drink-Mix Man

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

I thought about politics all day at a job I hate. Now I am thinking about going to a barnyard animal rescue ranch with my girl this weekend to cuddle with cows.

Robot Made of Meat

Drink-Mix Man posted:

I thought about politics all day at a job I hate. Now I am thinking about going to a barnyard animal rescue ranch with my girl this weekend to cuddle with cows.

An excellent weekend plan!

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Even if you haven't bookmarked any eye bleach pictures or videos you can just go to BYOB and look at hammock kitty.

So happy swinging. Just look. So happy.

We must remember to :justpost: and keep this forum alive so that the kitty remains swinging, safe from all the world's problems.

take the moon

by sebmojo
was having some bad thoughts so

-many things are at least mildly better than they seem
-clouds are like cotton candy for the sky (the flavour of flavourless e-juice)

----------------

Tiny Myers

take the moon posted:

was having some bad thoughts so

-many things are at least mildly better than they seem
-clouds are like cotton candy for the sky (the flavour of flavourless e-juice)

I used to think about eating clouds when I was a kid. Even if they probably taste like nothing but water vapour, water has different flavors, right? Like rainwater will taste different in your mouth than tap water. I would still like to stick my face in a cloud and chomp it and am not sure why this is not a service that is offered. Tether me to the floor of the helicopter and fly until we get into a juicy cloud so I can lean out and get a good chomp. I'd prefer that over skydiving.

Tiny Myers

I haven't been able to have cherry coke in like a year+ because I can't have caffeine due to health issues. I started putting grenadine into my caffeine free cokes and it's really nice to have one of my favorite drinks again :unsmith: It feels like a nice little island of normalcy in the middle of turbulent times.

Tiny Myers

Thinking about emus. Just amazing creatures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoner Sloth

Tiny Myers posted:

Thinking about emus. Just amazing creatures.

im biased against them due to ausralia losing a war against them... but they're pretty cool i must admit