Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What?
This poll is closed.
Bears 4 10.81%
Rams 12 32.43%
Bear Rams 3 8.11%
Pretzels 18 48.65%
Total: 37 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I don't think the Bears are that bad, they have a chance.

Although the last time they beat the Rams in Los Angeles was back in 1982 when they were first there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

lol at that "defense"

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Cris Collingsworth literally gushing over Andy Dalton handing the ball off

Play
Apr 25, 2006

mastershakeman posted:

Did they not review this

All turnovers are reviewed so I'm sure they just upheld it

Play
Apr 25, 2006

MoaM posted:

Was that even more than three plays

no it was exactly three plays

Play
Apr 25, 2006

bean mom posted:

so the rams are superbowl favorites now, right? who can beat them?

well they are producing a touchdown every two passes so I would think that puts them in good stead, yes

Play
Apr 25, 2006

lol good thing he didn't pitch that to nobody, he very nearly did

Play
Apr 25, 2006

how long is this commercial break gently caress

Play
Apr 25, 2006

MJeff posted:

This Ramsay guy seems okay.

i was just thinking about how he's been a very reliable player and good teammate, as far as an outsider can tell anyways, since he came to the Rams. I feel like he was more of a diva/drama queen in Jacksonville

Play
Apr 25, 2006

DariusLikewise posted:

Hell yes random McVay timeout

at least it's in the first half this time

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Bip Roberts posted:

That rams lady

winemom wants her grape juice don't hate

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Stafford looks fly in that jersey tho

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Jen X posted:

this bears strategy of only throwing screens because they can't block anyway is quite something

mirrored 5 yard curls / 5 yard outs is like THE bears specialty

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Jen X posted:

lmao the dpi, as if the rams needed it

It becomes a bit more ambiguous when the defender is just going for the ball themselves though, like if you're going for the pick you can fight to get to it

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Are the Rams playing prevent defense or something

Play
Apr 25, 2006

please don't let Andy Dalton stunt on you on the ground

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Rams are having tons of trouble actually wrapping guys up, these second effort yards are crazy

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Homeybeef posted:

Did anyone else just see a somewhat penis-y Subway commercial starring Tom Brady? Or did I imagine it?

if you imagined that we have the same psychological problems, he was just sniffing a big old submarine, really sucking in the essence

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Whoever designed the Bears uniforms left visible panty lines.

pic? for.... research

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Oh my god I just burst out laughing so hard and scared my dog. What the gently caress was that lmao

Play
Apr 25, 2006

bean mom posted:

easiest td of his life

probably not the easiest he's ever had, but definitely the easiest 60 or 70+ yard TD I've ever seen

Play
Apr 25, 2006

DariusLikewise posted:

Cooper Kupp is a 4.6 40 guy, he shouldnt be ripping the top off your defense

well yeah it was obviously confusion over responsibilities, one guy tried to pass it off but there was no one to pass it off to and he just waltzed straight down the middle behind the defense

Stafford throwing two massive bombs in his first game is loving rad. The Rams have actually not been that impressive on offense apart from those two massive plays

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Butt Kissdick

Play
Apr 25, 2006

yeah that had to be number 38 who should've been the help over the top on that since he had nothing else deep on his side

but also why did 23 try to pass it off when it looks like they are in cover 2

Play
Apr 25, 2006

sweet thursday posted:

Bears love that throw to the outside. They want to marry it and have sex with it.

7 yard outs and 7 yard curls ALL. DAY. LONG

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Rams D line looks soft as hell though those double teams are tearing them up. gaping holes, unfilled

Play
Apr 25, 2006

hughesta posted:

been fun posting with you guys but I gotta suit up

stay safe, I know those gimp suits can be a little tight in places

Play
Apr 25, 2006

stat the inside of my rear end in a top hat!!!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

I know they're both a huge part of the game, but outside of the O-line and the secondary the bears haven't looked bad.

I don't know why people think the Bears are necessarily awful, I think they'll be a lot like last year, a middling team that can still win against good team

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Chicago and SF are both doing the sub in the rookie thing, it's interesting but I'm a bit doubtful of the overall utility

Play
Apr 25, 2006

set this dude up in Kliff's gently caress palace and the sky's the limit

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I don't like this Rams defensive scheme. They are giving them the run game and the underneath stuff. Which might make sense if you're playing Patrick Mahomes, but running the ball and underneath stuff is the ONLY thing that the Bears can do so I feel like it doesn't make sense to be this insanely conservative

Play
Apr 25, 2006

MoaM posted:

He's got one more quarter to go and I feel he's going to be the rushing leader this week.

The Rams are literally letting him do it

Everyone thought Montgomery was trash the last couple years, I always liked him a lot but they are making it really easy for him

Play
Apr 25, 2006

'questionable', 'doubtful' come the gently caress on neither of them are coming back in the game

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Chandler Jones getting a five-sack head start on the rest of the d linemen in the NFL is pretty funny actually

Relentlessboredomm posted:

at any point do the Rams plan on playing anything but the softest defense?

Seriously, they are basically letting this happen. They're hoping for a turnover and to not allow anything deep but come on

Play
Apr 25, 2006

BGrifter posted:

Does Cris sound extra drunk tonight to anyone else? He’s cracking me up with his insane ramblings about the inner thoughts of Fields.

that's probably the thing that annoys the most about horrible commentators. they are CONSTANTLY talking about mental poo poo, basically making a fanfic of what they think is going on in some particular players head

it's like shut the gently caress up you don't know dick about that, just describe what is happening in the game and maybe give us some facts or stats every now and then. the whole psychiatrist act is so annoying

Play
Apr 25, 2006

how do you taunt after a 9 yard run on first down

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Rams are running a very different offense from what they normally do today, it's pretty interesting actually. The whole run game has been different, very little zone and way more double teams. A lot more shotgun snaps too, and more light play action instead of big bootleg zone play actions

Maybe they've adapted a bit for Stafford, or maybe McVay is adjusting his scheme a little bit to not be too predictable from last year. Or maybe a little bit of both. Either way it's interesting

Play
Apr 25, 2006

bean mom posted:

yep that was a classic sony michel run

exactly, thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

bean mom posted:

thats what he did on the pats for 4? years in a row in between injuries

I thought you were off by at least two years but drat you're close it's been three years

the thing about Sony Michel is he makes it seem like a short time due to being eminently forgettable in his rushing style and lack of success, but also a long time for the same reason

I don't even understand what tape the Rams were watching when they decided they wanted his services