Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working

Rubber Ducky posted:

So I took it up to Silver Lake today, which if you are ever in western Michigan give it a go, it's the only ORV sand dune area east of the Mississippi river, and its pretty fun.

Anyway, the car did alright, if I was keeping it there are definitely some things I would change, to start with I'd be putting pinned castle nuts on the control arms...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9b5wL7CJBI

Fortunately it wasn't real busy out there today, and I was able to walk my tracks until I found the nut.

I moved it before I took this picture as I didn't want to lose it forever. It was buried in the sand about 4 inches to the left of the tire track, with just one facet of the hex exposed.

I didn't have any tools on the dunes with me, left everything in my truck in the parking lot, so I threaded it on as tight as I could with my fingers and drove slowly and with as few turns as possible off the dunes. I had to stop once along the way to get out and tighten it again, but we made it. Now I just need to vacuum about 50 pounds of sand out of the thing.

That is not a use case for a nyloc, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU