Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Let's Play Introduction

Why? What? How?

Am I glad you asked! All these questions and more will be answered if you click on the header image or the handy link below it.

This chart is explained in the video, but you can refer to it here for the possible full extent of what I might end up doing:

Short text version

Why?

I played this game first to laugh at, as my first Sonic game. It was a predictable desaster, but boy did I have fun getting drunk with my buddy. But his PS3 broke, and I still don't have one, so we never finished it. Even back then, there were some segments where I thought "man, this was genuinely great, why can't the whole game be like this?". But mostly, the awful physics and broken gameplay prevented me from really enjoying it.

Over the following years, I played more 3D Sonics, realized that most of them have terrible physics, got used to many of them, and kept thinking of this terrible, terrible game. I had to at least finish it, right? Then I found out that you can emulate it, put a few online sessions on with the same buddy, we had some fun again but I realized: hey, I'm actually good at this now. And it's actually kinda fun?

I finished the game, and started to look for the Silver Medals, because I love collectibles in any game, and it's fun enough to look for them here too. Then I started to think about S-Ranking. Then raocow started his excellent blind LP where he excelled at the game and had a lot of fun, and that was the final push I needed to start one of my own. Yes, I like the game now, I think it's a lot of fun BOTH to laugh at and to play it like a "normal" game.

What?

Everything!

Ideally.

I can't promise that I'll get all Gold Medals, because I have a full-time job, some of this poo poo is hard and often for the wrong reasons, and honestly, you're not missing much if you don't see "do the mandatory 5 minutes boss fight again, but without getting hit in the last second" videos. I'll try, though! And you'll see all Stories, all Silver Medals, and the DLCs. Especially Very Hard, which I'm blind to, really interests me.

I will not talk about the story in videos, but feel absolutely free to talk about it in the thread. I think most people can agree that it is Very Bad and there's not much I feel I can add to it.

How?

I'm using xenia, an XBox 360 emulator in development. Many games don't run - I still haven't played Sonic Unleashed, for instance - but through some divine stroke of luck, Sonic 2006 works perfectly with very small issues (textures sometimes need manual fixing, sounds play a bit late, and the cutscenes tend to desynch). Please don't ask me where to get the ISO for the game, or the DLC content. I can link you a video showing you how to install it though, in case you happen to obtain the files.

Videos

Sonic's Story

Intro Movie

To Wave Ocean

Update post | Wave Ocean | S-Rank | Hard Mode

To Dusty Desert

Egg-Cerberus

Update post | Dusty Desert | Hard Mode

Silver the Hedgehog

Town Mission 2-4

To White Acropolis

Update post | White Acropolis | Hard Mode

Update post | Crisis City | Hard Mode

Update post | Flame Core | S-Rank and final silver medal | Hard Mode

Iblis Phase 2

To Radical Train

Town Mission 6-10

Update post | Radical Train | Hard Mode

Egg-Genesis

Update post | Tropical Jungle | Tropical Jungle Hard

Wave Ocean : Tails

To Kingdom Valley

Update post | Kingdom Valley | S-Rank | Hard Mode

To Aquatic Base

Update post | Aquatic Base | Hard Mode

Egg-Wyvern

Ending and Credits

Town Mission 13-17

Soleanna Silvers

Recorded and published before the thread started:

[DLC] Sonic Boss Rush (blind)

[DLC] Silver Boss Rush (blind)

[DLC] Shadow Boss Rush (S-Rank)

Recorded after I 100%d the main game

Wave Ocean Very Hard

Dusty Desert Very Hard

White Acropolis Very Hard

Crisis City Very Hard

Flame Core Very Hard

Radical Train Very Hard

Tropical Jungle Very Hard

Tropical Jungle Very Hard | S-Rank

Aquatic Base Very Hard

Music

Playlist - This is also where you can find all the music for Cutscenes - there's a lot of extra tracks in there, and I'm not linking all of them.

Hub

Soleanna Castle Town
Soleanna New City
Soleanna Forest

Town Mission 1
Town Mission 2
Town Mission 3
Town Mission 4

Wave Ocean

Act 1: The Water's Edge
Act 2: The Inlet

Dusty Desert

Act 1: Quicksand
Act 2: The Ruins

White Acropolis

Act 1: Snowy Peak
Act 2: The Base

Crisis City

The Flame - Skyscraper - Whirlwind - Tornado

Flame Core

Act 1: Volcano
Act 2: The Cavern

Radical Train

Act 1: The Abandoned Mine
Act 2: The Chase

Tropical Jungle

Tropical Jungle: The Jungle - The Swamp

Kingdom Valley

Kingdom Valley: Wind - The Castle - Lakeside - Water

Aquatic Base

Act 1: Level 1
Act 2: Level 2

End of the World

End of the World

Bosses

Egg-Cerberus & Egg-Genesis
Vs. Character
Iblis
Egg-Wyvern

Iblis Phase 3

Mephiles
Mephiles Phase 2

Solaris Phase 1
Solaris Phase 2

Theme songs

SWEET SWEET SWEET/SWEET DREAMS ('06 AKON Mix)
His World (Theme of Sonic)
My Destiny (Theme of Elise)

Dreams of an Absolution (Theme of Silver)

All Hail Shadow (Theme of Shadow)

About the Game

You probably could write multiple theses on this infamous disasterpiece. I've assumed so far that you're generally aware what Sonic 2006 is, but if you're not, here's a short summary: SEGA wanted to have a big banger of a reboot-style game (hence the simple title) for the new HD consoles XBox 360, PS3, and Wii (as they originally assumed!), coinciding with the 15-year-anniversary of Sonic, make it a Christmas release as well, and bring the franchise into a new era.

In trying to fulfil all of these demands at the same time, they ultimately failed to make anything resembling a finished product in time, and only got the XBox 360 version out in time, which had one singular positive: it did not crash. However, the game engine, structure, and story were left in a very obviously unfinished state. The game features countless glitches, badly-made level parts, entire character movesets that don't work properly, broken animations, the list goes on.

I have asked Heavy Sigh, fellow goon and Let's Player to provide some extra content in the form of information snippets about the game's troubled development.

Click here for Fun Sonic Facts!

This is an open-spoiler Let's Play. The story will not be treated as a mystery, and you can talk about any level by any character. Feel free to ask me "will you show off [x]".

Simply Simon fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Nov 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Silver's Story

Intro Movie

Update post | Crisis City | Hard Mode

Iblis Phase 1

To Tropical Jungle

Update post | Tropical Jungle | Hard Mode

Extra : Blaze

To Dusty Desert

Town Mission 1-7

Update post | Dusty Desert | Hard Mode

Sonic the Hedgehog

Town Mission 8+9 AND To White Acropolis

Egg-Genesis

To Radical Train

Update post | Radical Train | Hard Mode

Shadow the Hedgehog

Update post | Aquatic Base | Hard Mode

To Kingdom Valley

Update post | Kingdom Valley | Hard Mode

Update post | Flame Core | Hard Mode

Iblis Phase 3

Ending and credits

Town Mission 13 + 15

Soleanna Silvers

Very Hard

Crisis City Very Hard | S-Rank

Tropical Jungle Very Hard | S-Rank

Dusty Desert Very Hard | S-Rank

White Acropolis | S-Rank

Radical Train | S-Rank

Aquatic Base | S-Rank

Kingdom Valley | S-Rank

Flame Core | S-Rank

Simply Simon fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Mar 23, 2024

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Shadow's Story

Intro Movie

Egg-Cerberus

To Kingdom Valley + Town Missions 1-6

Kingdom Valley | S-Rank | Hard Mode

Crisis City | Hard Mode

Flame Core | Hard Mode

Iblis Phase 2

Tropical Jungle : Rouge

Mephiles Phase 1

To Radical Train + Town Missions 7-10

Radical Train | Hard Mode

Silver the Hedgehog

Aquatic Base | Hard Mode

To Wave Ocean + Town Missions 11-14

Wave Ocean | Wave Ocean Hard

To Dusty Desert + Town Mission 15

Dusty Desert | Dusty Desert Hard

Mephiles Phase 2

Ending and Credits

Soleanna Silvers

Last Story

Opening

End of the World | S-Rank

Solaris

Ending

Simply Simon fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jul 6, 2023

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Wave Ocean

This first level of the game is very much in line with other first levels of Sonic games: bright, colorful, relaxed atmosphere and music, mostly showing off what Sonic's gameplay will be about. It contains a lot of references to Sonic Adventure 1's Emerald Coast, from the subtle (setting, hidden things on beaches off the main path) over the mechanical (auto-jumps instead of numbered jump pads) to the blatant (killer whale chasing you over a wooden quay, camera in front).

As the first level, one can assume that they worked a lot on it (within reason, given the game we're talking about). There's tons of mechanics right out of the gate which are pretty flashy and serve to underscore the setpiece-y nature Sonic levels tend to have, and which are rarely if ever revisited because many of the later levels are shoddily put together to arrive at something resembling a finished product. The waterslide is one of those mechanics, but even the pole swinging (returning from Adventure 2) is only used...once more? In Shadow's Dusty Desert for sure, I might forget more instances.

This level also shows off that we'll have switching to other characters within a single level, as opposed to them having their own full stories (Adventure 1), separate levels (Adventure 2), being integral part of the gameplay (Heroes) or being reduced to tutorial hanger-ons (Shadow). Tails is the first such character, plays somewhat similar to Adventure 1 in his movement, but sadly overall is plain awful, especially his attack is incomprehensibly bad in concept and usability.

Things I like about this level:
- there's tons of HUGE shortcuts. You can skip the first checkpoint, you can skip a gigantic semi-automated segment, most of the beach fights, and that's all intended (in Act 1)
- the new mechanic of level segments spawning when hit certain triggers (mostly killing enemies) is fun as hell, it might be due to engine limitations but I honestly love it, gives a lot of natural flow and twitch reflex gameplay to the game
- finding the Silver Medals is pretty fun (in Act 1)
- Tails' part isn't that bad and mercifully short
- parts of the Mach Speed section are kinda fun. Using the ring trails as optional guidelines to course correct you is a cool idea - if it works. The sense of speed and distance covered is p cool. The robots smashing themselves on the trees is cool. These could be cool

Things I dislike about this level:
- the sliding is absolutely godawful to control. You won't see that in the video, but there's tons of invisible walls keeping Sonic on course, it's extremely tough to change direction, you can jump out of it but if you then hit the water, you die - just a terrible mechanic that would have needed months of work to fix, or they should have cut it
- Act 2 in general - the Mach Speed sections will never be anything more than barely tolerable. The controls are so bad that even with tons of practice, it's a crapshoot if you will get hit or not
- in that vein: scoring high. Even speedrunners struggle here. You NEED to carry rings to the end. I've tried a whole lot to S-Rank this, admittedly not SUPER hard (all test recordings for the LP), but I couldn't pull it off yet. It's just that drat tense and stressful and, well, awful
- retrying this level is a pain because of the long whale cutscenes you can't skip

Things I used to hate but I learned how to deal:
- Tails' gameplay: I thought you had to snipe all the flying enemies. This is a terrible idea, it does not work at all, you will get hit all the time and hate yourself. Just skip them. They're only meant to scare you a lil'. Don't give many points either. Just fly past
- the final loop in Act 2. The trick is as follows: hit the booster onto it as straight on as possible. Don't hold any direction, it might push you off. Then, as you exit the final loop, hold forward. You should leave the booster with an angle and speed that gets you to the automated jump part. It's insanely janky but this way it's consistent. Usually

Music

Act 1: The Water's Edge

Act 2: The Inlet

Simply Simon fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Nov 1, 2021

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

What the gently caress, this was your first Sonic game?? What a way to hit the ground running!

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

First 3D Sonic, I played Sonic 1 at a buddy's Genesis way before

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I've never played a Sonic game, and I don't think I've ever seen a Sonic LP. I do remember seeing like two or three Sonic anime episodes as a kid.

I'm disappointed this is not a Mega Man LP, Simply Simon, but I will try to follow this for now.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
I know I said this before from the Sonic thread in Games, but I really enjoy hearing your thoughts as you go through Sonic 06. I enjoyed the other videos you did so far, so I'm eager to see you go through everything.

The longer you take the better, because hopefully the last parts of Project P-06 and we can start bugging you about that :v: , but for the sake of the LP I'm fine with you just focusing on the base game.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg
Definitely interested to see where this one goes: It's a fun premise for a fun game, even if the game's definition of "fun" usually hews more towards the MST3K style. :v:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Simply Simon posted:

You probably could write multiple theses on this infamous disasterpiece. I've assumed so far that you're generally aware what Sonic 2006 is, but if you're not, here's a short summary: SEGA wanted to have a big banger of a reboot-style game (hence the simple title) for the new HD consoles XBox 360, PS3, and Wii (as they originally assumed!), coinciding with the 15-year-anniversary of Sonic, make it a Christmas release as well, and bring the franchise into a new era.

Is any other game company as insistent on timing their releases with anniversary dates as Sega is with Sonic? They just keep doing it even though it keeps biting them in the rear end lol.

Augus fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Sep 13, 2021

raocow
Apr 23, 2007

Keen Dreams

Please give me a chance to be a better person. -Willhart
more like sonic the farthog

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

enjoying sonic the chog's second worst game

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Pandemic era is hitting us real hard huh

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

They've planted corn everywhere.

Soiled Meat
Just cause I can, it's time for some Fun Sonic Facts!

In case you were not aware, 2006 was supposed to be a real humdinger of a year for SEGA. Sure, the five years since going third party in 2001 hadn't exactly turned them back into the powerhouses they were in the early 90s, but that didn't matter anymore. Why? Because now something special was happening that gave everyone in the game industry a chance to start fresh, no matter their previous successes or failures.

For this was the dawn of a New Era: The HD Era.

But the story of Sonic 06 does not quite begin here, in fact it actually starts somewhere before the autumn of 2004. Yoshinari Amaike, who had just got done designing enemies in the terrifically ignored Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg, was made part of a small development team at SEGA that had come up with a fun new game idea. This new game was to be set in a 'realistic' world where the player would advance through the world and solve puzzles by playing around with the game world's physics. The Havok physics engine was already being eyed by the team, due to having shown great promise for just this kind of gameplay in tech demonstrations at the time.

But just as that small team got to work in the fourth quarter of 2004, Shun Nakamura got a phone call detailing how SEGA was forming a new team for a game to commemorate Sonic’s 15th anniversary in 2006...and how they wanted him to be Chief Game Designer for this grand project. Nakamura felt rather apprehensive about this choice, as his biggest role in development up to this point was having directed the small scale Dreamcast hit Samba De Amigo, though he did have past experience with Sonic games, having worked on Sonic R, both Adventure games and Sonic Heroes in a support role.

The team grew for the next few months, picking up Yojiro Ogawa as Director and series co-creator Yuji Naka once again taking the role of Producer. Amaike also joined the team as a character artist around this time, as his old game had been unfortunately cancelled, so here he was simply tasked to come up with new characters for the title.

So, even before the first planning meeting, a lot was riding on 06's shoulders. Upper management at SEGA viewed the game as a sort of rebirth for the Sonic series, taking the best features from the Adventure series of games while bringing Sonic 'back to his roots'. In fact, SEGA wanted this game to kick off the Sonic Renaissance so badly that they named the game simply 'Sonic the Hedgehog', banking on the image of the "Most Famous Hedgehog In The World" to smooth over any issues.

Now, development began just a bit after Shadow the Hedgehog wrapped up, and right at the start Amaike learned that the team wanted to use a more realistic world than previous games. This brought to mind his old project, and so he innocently suggested that the player should be able to play around with the physics at will. Everyone loved the idea, and the ball finally got rolling for what the team hoped would be the 'Ultimate Sonic Experience'.

In a way, it really would end up being the 'Ultimate Sonic Experience' for many. As in, their last, as 2006's 'Sonic the Hedgehog' would do more damage to the brand than anything before or since.

Heavy Sigh fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Sep 13, 2021

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Augus posted:

Is any other game company as insistent on timing their releases with anniversary dates as Sega is with Sonic? They just keep doing it even though it keeps biting them in the rear end lol.

As far as I can tell you're pretty much right, but I'd like to point out the track record on anniversary games so far. You have Sonic Adventure 2 for the 10th anniversary, and Generations for the 20th anniversary, both of which are mostly fine (ymmv if the former still holds up or not). For the 15th anniversary we have Sonic06 and 30th anniversary has Colors Ultimate which are...yeah (though only the switch port of the latter has the big issues I think). 25th anniversary only has another Olympic games entry and Sonic Boom Fire and Ice, I haven't played but I haven't heard anything bad about them.

Though if you stretch the 25th anniversary a bit, Mania and Forces were both announced at the 25th anniversary event + came out the next year, which only makes the dichotomy in anniversary games even wilder.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i also played this (and many other sonics) for the first time recently and

Namtab posted:

enjoying sonic the chog's second worst game

it's not even bottom five

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

I added thoughts about Wave Ocean into the update post I had reserved!

Ventana posted:

I know I said this before from the Sonic thread in Games, but I really enjoy hearing your thoughts as you go through Sonic 06. I enjoyed the other videos you did so far, so I'm eager to see you go through everything.

The longer you take the better, because hopefully the last parts of Project P-06 and we can start bugging you about that :v: , but for the sake of the LP I'm fine with you just focusing on the base game.
I'm quite excited for Project 06, and I might do bonus videos, but honestly - let's just focus on the main thing first, it's enough of an undertaking already.

raocow posted:

more like sonic the farthog
hdu. reported

Seraphic Neoman posted:

Pandemic era is hitting us real hard huh
ngl I did get the idea for the LP when streaming this for remote friends so yeah

Looper posted:

i also played this (and many other sonics) for the first time recently and

it's not even bottom five
For my money, both Heroes and Shadow have worse level design, the latter is just a worse game in general while I think Heroes is...okay if painfully mediocre. Black Knight is ludicrously bad, one of the worst shovelware-tier games I played. Forces is so loving bland and empty, I can't even be assed to get the red rings there and that says a LOT about how little it grabs me. Those are the ones I personally played and found worse than 06 overall. I'm sure Secret Rings also sucks, I've seen some very boring and baffling Boom content...there's a lot of competition in this franchise.

Big thanks to Heavy Sigh for reprising his Sonic Fact posts he did for raocow before!

Also I forgot to mention: there won't be an update schedule in this. It's done when it's done. I have no idea how long recording, editing etc. episodes will take me, and the videos are MUCH larger than anything else I'm used to, so I actually have to periodically offload them to an external drive. Couldn't record much in advance, is what that means. And ofc I don't know how long S-Rank attempts will take me (if I don't give up).

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I have a bit of a soft spot for Black Knight because the presentation of the game has a very fun and goofy energy to it. The actual gameplay is pretty trash though lol

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Secret Rings is the only 3D Sonic outright shittier than 06.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

This loving game has such horrible load times that the intro video stopped about 30 seconds in to load more.

e: FYI the main theme for this game works amazingly well with this completely irrelevant tweet:

https://twitter.com/buitengebieden_/status/1437172001739788291

FeyerbrandX fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Sep 14, 2021

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Yeah gonna say sonic boom on release has to be the worst, with glitches and bugs that rendered it basically unplayable. And with a major one ending up in the cartoon because it was just so silly and stupid

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Holy poo poo, raocow is still at it? That's a name I haven't though of in years.

Excited for this LP. I've seen some of '06 but it always gets bogged down in 'this game is a mess' and I get bored.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Welp, spent about 15 minutes yesterday practicing Egg-Cerberus and now I know exactly how it works, and I got the S-Rank footage. If the other bosses work similarly (and I got a freebie here considering Shadow repeats the fight), that's one big obstacle to 100% gone.

I also did a practice run of Dusty Desert and got an S-Rank despite loving around a lot, also it's just a very fun level in general (for Sonic at least). Maybe I'll get all Normal Mode content in one video?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Oh man more Sonic 06, yay. It's been a while since I followed the game but I still remeber a lot of details from the time when MSG was discovered. Those loading times you have are :stare: insane :stare: This game might actually be playable in this state, drat. Last time I followed an LP of this was when pokecapn did it, and they spent 11% of the playtime on loading screens. On some episodes it was over 25% of the viewtime (and I know this because the LP has a table with the stats).

Well, godspeed.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I'm always down for more Sonic 06 LPs. However - is it just me or is your audio really quiet?

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

anilEhilated posted:

I'm always down for more Sonic 06 LPs. However - is it just me or is your audio really quiet?
Do you mean my voice compared to the game audio, vice versa, or everything? I've always been bad at audio balancing, and I'm trying a new method, so I'm open for critique.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Both, to be honest. Might be just my system, though; maybe someone else could weigh in?

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

While we wait for other voices, maybe I should do all the NPC dialogue???

https://twitter.com/good_faces_bot/status/1437732883133702152?s=20

(I won't)

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
The audio sounds fine for me. There are occasional lines Simon says that are quiet but on the whole I hear him fine. The only section that kinda stood out to me was the Mach speed section, but that's purely because the ring collect sound seemed specifically louder than the other sound effects.

Simply Simon posted:

(I won't)

I love random NPCs in rpgs/towns/etc for the utterly inane dialogue. I remember there were fun things in Sonic adventure (covered well in Cybershell's video) and Sonic Unleashed, but it's been so long that I don't remember that many lines from 06.

Ventana fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Sep 14, 2021

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Simply Simon posted:

(I won't)

German translation of this brilliant exchange please.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Ich habe aus Luppi und Luppi ein Wort gemacht! Luppenluppi!

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

iirc if you talk to that npc earlier in the story, he tells you about how he's combined "happy" and "lucky" into "luppy". What I'm saying here is you need to chronicle all the npc dialog like Cybershell before you, so we can learn of the rich detailed side stories going on in the background.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

To Dusty Desert

Short one. I'd have waited to make this a double update with Egg-Cerberus, but I finished it nicely in one evening so why not put it out now to keep the pace up.

Fun fact: you can get super stuck trying to go through the gap which you need Antigrav for and just slide along it without animation. I tried to make that happen in the video but if you want it to, of course it won't happen.

Music

Soleanna Castle Town

EDIT: should probably also mention itt that I bumped my audio up. Better?

Simply Simon fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Sep 14, 2021

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Anti-gravity is so busted, speedrunners used to buy it just for combat alone, and go to Dusty Desert using a skip. Hey it skipped one loading screen, which is an eternity in console. But there's a certain combat section in the second part of town where anti-gravity helps a lot.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I hope the forest? high speed section is as much as a disaster for you as it was for pokecapn

that section was hilarious

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Sep 15, 2021

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

UCS Hellmaker posted:

And with a major one ending up in the cartoon because it was just so silly and stupid

Wait what?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

think they mean this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFe6kEE5upo

it’s a fan edit tho the show wasn’t actually making a reference to the glitch lol

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Simply Simon posted:

EDIT: should probably also mention itt that I bumped my audio up. Better?

Now the game audio is too quiet in comparison to your voice imo

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

I just opened the videos without headphones on for the first time and wtf even the newest one is really quiet compared to the other video I had on speaker before

No idea how that happened, on headphones most stuff sounds about the same level. I'll increase the volume of both myself and the game even more next time, and proof-listen on speakers. Thanks for speaking up!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I hope the forest? high speed section is as much as a disaster for you as it was for pokecapn

All Mach Speed sections are a disaster tbh - I'm sure I'll get a lot of failure footage for all of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The train one? That one is the worst in the game for a lot of reasons. Hell, I'd say Radical Train is one of the worst levels period, but that's not by design, it just exemplifies so many bad things about the controls.