Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Post things you've seen the younger generation do that take your mind off things like balding and your failing marriage.

I just recently took a beach vacation and got sunburned. I was swimming alone in the ocean hoping to get sucked off by a fish when I noticed some kids playing who were prob 12-15. They would point at big waves coming and shout something like "Fortnite!" or "DaBaby!" and "Among Us!". I'm hip! I know what a fortnite is! But what did that have to do with the waves? Was the visage of an unremarkable rapper in the ocean? Those kids were laughing and super entertained by doing this. I will probably be confused by this for the rest of my life.

e: spelt fortnite wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

My ex didn't get her license until she was 30, and took a driver's ed class with a bunch of teenagers.

One of them put up their hand and asked how the deer know to cross specifically at deer crossing signs.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
My friend saw children chase one another around while shouting "SUSSY BAKA" at one another and I think that's just swell, honestly.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

SilvergunSuperman posted:

My ex didn't get her license until she was 30, and took a driver's ed class with a bunch of teenagers.

One of them put up their hand and asked how the deer know to cross specifically at deer crossing signs.

I always double-take whenever I'm reading a post or hear someone talk about not having a driver's license as an adult. Just really weird to me that some people people manage to live without driving.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I'm 34 and I don't have a driver's license because I live in New York City & have epilepsy. :shrug:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The wave is breaking north, south, or there’s a tongue of water in the middle maybe? But like they don’t want dweebs catching their wave by just saying it would be my guess. :thunkin:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

When I was in drivers ed a girl in the car with me asked why they didn't just move the deer crossing if deer kept getting hit there.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

I was just minding my own business reading a novel at the coffee shop yesterday when I see a load of typical loose pant gen z'ers crossing the street.

They were all just laughing at looking at eachother and saying poo poo.

The gently caress is so drat funny

Also this was on 9/11 so seemed pretty disrespectful?

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I always think I'm having a stroke for a second when I see a little kid go from walking to gliding. Then I realize they're wearing Heelys and I think to myself if I tried to do that I'd just hurt myself and/or somebody else.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

PokeJoe posted:

When I was in drivers ed a girl in the car with me asked why they didn't just move the deer crossing if deer kept getting hit there.

This paints my distance cycling habit as a bit more of a suicide attempt.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Girls around 20ish around here are suddenly wearing blazers. Four sizes too big. With enormous shoulder pads. And I’m like, no! We tried this in the 80’s! It did not work!

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

appropriatemetaphor posted:

I was just minding my own business reading a novel at the coffee shop yesterday when I see a load of typical loose pant gen z'ers crossing the street.

They were laughing about 9/11, which is funny

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I always think I'm having a stroke for a second when I see a little kid go from walking to gliding. Then I realize they're wearing Heelys and I think to myself if I tried to do that I'd just hurt myself and/or somebody else.

I feel this way when I see someone casually skateboarding down the sidewalk and drinking/talking on the phone or whatever. I just think about How I’d just immediately eat poo poo ten seconds into a call cause I hit a tiny pebble.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

appropriatemetaphor posted:

This is the most boomer post I've ever lmao

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

a young person tried to give me a high five the other day. As I reached my hand out, he pulled his away. said I was "too slow". And it's true, I was. I really was.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

sometimes I'll overhear people talking in youtuber/tiktoker voice; highly energetic, exaggerated reactions, giving verbal essays... I'm not confused by it though, I know exactly why they do it. I guess I'm at the age where everything is very clear and easy to comprehend... I look forward to the day I can't fathom something I see though.

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
Succeed

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG_w3kgVvNo&t=20s

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
instead of watching the same tv shows and listening to the same music I did when I was their age, which were good, they watch other shows and listen to other music, which are bad. this is very concerning and makes me worried for the future of our civilization.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Be hopeful

Laugh

Smile

Think about the future

Jk, it's the end times even kids aren't that optimistic.

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

sheesh

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Posting on the Internet about boomers complaining about them.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I saw a young person turn into a flock of bats.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Weka posted:

I saw a young person turn into a flock of bats.

A group of bats is not called a flock. It is called a cloud or colony. Sometimes a camp or cauldron if you are feeling more cheeky.

Young people would know this

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

the holy poopacy posted:

instead of watching the same tv shows and listening to the same music I did when I was their age, which were good, they watch other shows and listen to other music, which are bad. this is very concerning and makes me worried for the future of our civilization.

So true!!

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Saw a young person eat a hotdog in reverse. like just opened their mouth and pulled an intact, foot long hotdog out. then they and all their friends emitted a keening tone in chorus and did a high five

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

I think it’s some sort of minecraft thing

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

You mean you saw a reverse glizzy gulper?

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

You sure this wasn't special ed?

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Mumble rap

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
My son's capacity for joy and wonder really freaks me out and I can't understand it.

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.
i was eating a ham sandwich on a park bench recently and these kids were just laughing and having a good time. what is there to be happy about? i dont get it

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Young 20 somethings getting all teary eyed and wistful about the mid 2010's as though it wasn't just a couple of months ago!

Miss Cheggs
Mar 22, 2007

Putty posted:

Post things you've seen the younger generation do that take your mind off things like balding and your failing marriage.

I just recently took a beach vacation and got sunburned. I was swimming alone in the ocean hoping to get sucked off by a fish when I noticed some kids playing who were prob 12-15. They would point at big waves coming and shout something like "Fortnite!" or "DaBaby!" and "Among Us!". I'm hip! I know what a fortnite is! But what did that have to do with the waves? Was the visage of an unremarkable rapper in the ocean? Those kids were laughing and super entertained by doing this. I will probably be confused by this for the rest of my life.

e: spelt fortnite wrong

Sounds like the kids were doing a commentary on the ephemeral nature of trends OP

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Young people nowadays are saying things we, somethingawful users, have been saying for two decades. Seriously, it's taken the mainstream 20 years to learn how to beat memes like dead-horses; and we were doing that poo poo in 2001.

Just remember how ahead of your time we all were. When it wasn't cool to do so... when you were lonerized for meming YTMND's instead of gaining slight social cloud for it. Those were the days.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i dont really get this whole internet thing tbh

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
All the teens in my beach community are really into Elliot Wave Theory and will yell things like "50-day EMA!" and "4th Wave Bottom!" before doing a gnarly "surf's up", cowabunga.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Pontificating rear end posted:

Young people nowadays are saying things we, somethingawful users, have been saying for two decades. Seriously, it's taken the mainstream 20 years to learn how to beat memes like dead-horses; and we were doing that poo poo in 2001.

Just remember how ahead of your time we all were. When it wasn't cool to do so... when you were lonerized for meming YTMND's instead of gaining slight social cloud for it. Those were the days.

True. :w00t: is obviously an ancestor species of YEET.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i love to w00t