Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Earwicker posted:

i came across a group of teens working out at a local park and they had a bluetooth speaker and they were playing 80's metallica and slayer songs and singing along and they knew all the words. i thought it was cool

i dont get why people think this when there are so many new bands forming all the time

like if you want to know about good new music, get the bandcamp app and dive into the genre categories and you will find all kinds of amazing new music by all kinds of cool people, young and old, in every style you can possible think of and many you didn't know existed, and there are new groups, projects, albums etc coming out all the time.

obviously covid put a damper on getting together to make music for a while, and live music is just barely starting to come back, but there are definitely still tons of young people tooling around on instruments together these days. there are of course a lot more bedroom producers too but thats not stopping bands from being a thing at all

Metallica and Slayers of the era being awesome, aside. It has good music to work out with, and keep a count. I kinda like Amon Amarth for working out, for the slow counts.

You should of intruded and said you were still a cool guy.

here's some weird youngsters on tiktok

https://thetab.com/uk/2021/03/23/tiktok-arm-gesture-199968

it's like checking your pulse. to show that you're being honest? Or something, similar?

The Tab - TikTok posted:

What does the arm gesture on TikTok mean?
The TikTok arm gesture is done alongside making a revelation to viewers, and so therefore suggests that someone is telling the absolute truth. Yes, it’s stupid. Yes, it seems to be completely nonsensical. Yes, I can’t stop doing it.

Why the gesture mimics checking your pulse after being honest with your viewers? That really is down to whichever English teacher-like analysis you want to apply to it, but it’s been suggested it could be because your heart rate would be faster by telling someone personal details about your life.

The gesture, therefore, suggests that you’re being completely honest with your followers, telling them something intensely personal. Obviously, people on the internet drag every bit of humour down to a subhuman level of irony eventually, and people are already accompanying it with that lip biting, eye squinting face (á la Josh Morris). If the above explanation didn’t cut it, take a look at the following examples and you’ll get the picture:

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/6937085892716727557
she ain't no youngin' though

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Sep 24, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
dbl post
i hosed that up so bad, so many times.

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Sep 24, 2021

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kntfkr posted:

The first book I was able to read after that awful spell was The Road and I will always love it.

haha, there's nothing like the Road to cheer a person up :sun:

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark

kntfkr posted:

The first book I was able to read after that awful spell was The Road and I will always love it.

I read The Road while at a resort on a tropical beach. Perfect clash of reality and fiction.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Kids these days don't moon eachother, there used to be so much mooning. Mooning your friends, mooning strangers out of car windows. Do they even know what the concept of mooning is?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Caesar Saladin posted:

Kids these days don't moon eachother, there used to be so much mooning. Mooning your friends, mooning strangers out of car windows. Do they even know what the concept of mooning is?

https://twitter.com/MetroUK/status/...ingawful.com%2F

Is it this?

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark

Caesar Saladin posted:

Moon someone at the wrong time or place and you can catch public indecency charges and to top it off some states will even make you register as a sex offender for mooning. Happened to my cousin.

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

A kid called my weed pipe a boomer vape

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Caesar Saladin posted:

A guy I went to high school with was a level 1 registered sex offender when he was a teenager because he mooned a girl.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Pretty much everything that was hilarious in a 80s fratboy movie is considered a sex offense now.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

ekuNNN posted:

haha, there's nothing like the Road to cheer a person up :sun:

Man I was confusing it with On The Road, but that was equally funny

When you think about it the protagonist had a pretty good time drifting aimlessly across North America

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

At least The Road has a surprise feel good ending

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

CPL593H posted:

A guy I went to high school with was a level 1 registered sex offender when he was a teenager because he mooned a girl.
Mooning is one of those things that is so objectively sexual harassment that it is a miracle it was ever considered a hilarious fun time.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
if you find my naked butt to be sexual in nature, that is your problem not mine

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
There were two incidences where someone in my high school friend group mooned someone and it's cuz equally dirtbag girls mooned us first. Once was in a Dunkin Donuts parking lot. The other time was in a Walmart parking lot. They were fun times.

That said, I worked with a graphic designer who almost became a sex offender because she peed in a park at night across the street from a school. That says more about how hosed up pigs and our stupid laws are. Probably cost her 5 grand to rectify. gently caress the man.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
as long as you keep your balls covered, it's fine

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Schweinhund posted:

as long as you keep your balls covered, it's fine

it's a young man's game

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

Dr. Quarex posted:

Mooning is one of those things that is so objectively sexual harassment that it is a miracle it was ever considered a hilarious fun time.

dude we mooned random cars from the school bus windows when we were 13. if it was sexual, then so are kindergartener peepeepoopoo jokes.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Dr. Quarex posted:

I've never mooned anyone, but "look at my rear end, it's where I poop from" does not exactly scream sexual harassment to me? It can certainly be harassment, but I'd class it closer to, I don't know, picking your nose to gross someone out.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
Nap Ghost

Computer viking posted:

I've never mooned anyone, but "look at my rear end, it's where I poop from" does not exactly scream sexual harassment to me? It can certainly be harassment, but I'd class it closer to, I don't know, picking your nose to gross someone out.

its not about the hole. its about the cheeks.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
Nap Ghost
butt cheeks are funny

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

its not about the hole. its about the cheeks.
Yeah, it's not mooning if they can see your rear end in a top hat, that's giving someone a 'redeye'.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
Nap Ghost

Slugworth posted:

Yeah, it's not mooning if they can see your rear end in a top hat, that's giving someone a 'redeye'.

I am pretty sure that is the brown eye

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
Nap Ghost
the red eye is late night flight

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Slugworth posted:

Sensible enough. Still, there is something that makes showing someone your buttocks ruder than showing them your shoulderblades, and it kind of feels like it's the butt/poop connection, even if that's just guilt by association.

Also, I'm probably overthinking this.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Pretty much everything that was hilarious in a 80s fratboy movie is considered a sex offense now.

It was a sex offense then too, it was just easier to get away with.

Dr. Quarex posted:

Oh yeah, I wasn't trying to be all like "Boys will be boys!". I just happened to know someone that actually got in trouble for it.

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

dude we mooned random cars from the school bus windows when we were 13. if it was sexual, then so are kindergartener peepeepoopoo jokes.

It may not be sexual harassment by intention but you're still technically exposing yourself and the person you're doing it to might have a different opinion. My take on it is a universal "Don't do that." because it can generally be an "I don't want to see that." for the other person.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

My opinion is that teenagers should not be summarily executed by American law enforcement for dumb rear end-based pranks

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Phlegmish posted:

My opinion is that teenagers should not be summarily executed by American law enforcement for dumb rear end-based pranks
Bring back the death penalty for mailbox baseball

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

i hear zoomers are having "moon parties" where they go into the bathroom pull their pants down and smash up the toilets

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
Nap Ghost

appropriatemetaphor posted:

i hear zoomers are having "moon parties" where they go into the bathroom pull their pants down and smash up the toilets

back when I was in high school, we just called that meth

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Dr. Quarex posted:

Its really funny though, so i think its fine.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
Nap Ghost
I only just realised this is a Putty thread.

Shut up Putty!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Phlegmish posted:

And adults should be executed for calling pointless meetings. And anyone in marketing, pr. or banking/fiance

The streets shall run red for many seasons, but afterwards we are sure to arrive at in a utopia!

...right?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

dr_rat posted:

And adults should be executed for calling pointless meetings.

Only if they call them after 4pm and/or on Friday.

edit: they should just be imprisoned otherwise

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

dr_rat posted:

And adults should be executed for calling pointless meetings. And anyone in marketing, pr. or banking/fiance

Reconsidering my wedding proposal to you.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I like to tuck everything up back there and give someone a “fruit bowl”

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Phlegmish posted:

I don't think American law enforcement should be executing anyone or actually carrying guns but that's just me.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
they share earbuds

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

CPL593H posted:

I don't think American law enforcement should be executing anyone or actually carrying guns but that's just me.

its not just you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

CPL593H posted:

It may not be sexual harassment by intention but you're still technically exposing yourself and the person you're doing it to might have a different opinion. My take on it is a universal "Don't do that." because it can generally be an "I don't want to see that." for the other person.

The bolded part is what makes mooning funny though. :confused: