Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which horse film is your favorite?
This poll is closed.
Black Beauty 2 1.06%
A Talking Pony!?! 4 2.13%
Mr. Hands 2x Apple Flavor 117 62.23%
War Horse 11 5.85%
Mr. Hands 54 28.72%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
Got the pfizer omni shot today.

I'm in the rare (for the US) position of having to test constantly for work. Up until a certain point this year, it was even PCR tests required. (That went by the wayside fast, now it's exclusively rapids)

That also means when I'm directly exposed I usually know the next day and can also test in my time off too.

I still haven't caught this thing, somehow.

This last year I've had 4 different direct exposures, doing dumb poo poo like sharing a joint, or eating lunch in a truck cab masks off..all with folks who popped pos the next day. I have no idea how I've been negative each time to be very honest. Outside of those small slips, I always rock a KN95, even on the subway where mask requirements went to 0 this month.

I'm the only person I know who hasn't had this at least once, it's a little unnerving.

On the plus side, thanks to this thread I got my j&j shot asap in 2021, went and lied and got a double dose of moderna last sept/oct before we were required to get booster shots anyway, and just went and got this omni version about a year to the day of my delta boosting despite fighting the urge to get more booster six months in rather then wait for the updated version.

I've now had all three brands and I didn't even get a cool sticker or nothing.

I'm guessing it's 2-4 weeks before max titerville again like the previous 3 times right?

e: also, the dr administering the shots said demand has been really high for it (and I live in what is considered a "poorer" district of Brooklyn, even with a 77k median salary, where hesitancy has been notoriously high)

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Sep 16, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
ba5 is still the main jam in america

maybe people were waiting for october to re-up on the newest shot, but i'm doubtful.

fully prepared for another dec/jan spike like the last two years but this time it won't get any news coverage and it'll just be word of mouth that everyone i know has covid at the same time.

in more optimistic news, as a kn95 masker and covid virgin, i have had 0 illness that wasn't food poisoning in 2.5+ years..turns out hell really was other people..*goes full howard hughes*

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Boris Galerkin posted:

Got my booster today. Now I’m just waiting to see how awful I feel or if I’m lucky this time around.

which one did you go with, I have a moderna set for 9/22

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
I got it at rite aid, so maybe try those if you have them. I'm not sure what shot they gave me though, I signed up for moderna, the printouts they gave me are for moderna (spikevax) but they wrote pfizer on the CDC card. Slept like poo poo, little runny nose, and my arm hurts, but otherwise this isn't as bad as last years pfizer

They did push my appointment a day, so they might have only just got stock in.

I've had every shot at this place so far, all the previous ones never bothered to take my insurance info. This time they insisted, and when I asked if it'd be easier to just put me down as uninsured they claimed it'd be billed to me anyway now if I tried..luckily my terrible insurance covered all $150 of it, though I'm still doubtful I'm not going to get some sort of bill eventually.

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Sep 24, 2023

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Boris Galerkin posted:

Why not just tell CVS/Walgreens you don’t have insurance instead of going through the hassle? According to the government itself:

https://www.vaccines.gov

You’re literally paying for this through taxes already so you might as well take advantage of the program.

I didn't give insurance info for 4 out of the 5 shots I've had with no issue. This time when I tried to see if there was a co-pay and offered to withhold my info if it meant a zero chance of getting billed they told me I would get billed if I tried that for sure. Considering I didn't use a fake name or dob or anything, I believed it. According to my state DOH they should have places that will administer it for anyone without insurance, which makes it sound like it's going to be those or nothing if you aren't covered. What a cool way to roll out an important thing...

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
1st time trip report: yeah, this sucks.

I think I got off easy, but I'm still in it. I'm like 40 days out from the latest vax, the two rapids I took on day one of feeling rear end both had faint lines that took a bit to show, and 1.5 days into paxlovid I'm feeling sort of normal already. That pax taste really is gross though.

And now I have some context..I'm pretty sure that would have taken my rear end out in 2020.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Bald Stalin posted:

First time they're aware of. I haven't kept up, is SARS-CoV-2 still largely asymptomatic?

I still have to get tested for work before every job in my industry or you can't work (film, for the actors sake not mine sadly), so I was actively testing this entire time. This is the first time I've popped pos on any rapids in what must be at least a hundred tests if not more. I also haven't got sick in general since 2019 after getting and consistently wearing kn95s as soon as those were available

I don't mask in my apartment though (e: i don't live alone), which is likely how I got it considering masking seemed to work otherwise this long. I also stopped going to any crowded thing like galleries or concerts or anything, which honestly wasn't that big of a deal.

It is possible, and I do know a few other people who just were good about n95s who also haven't had for sure, one having constantly been through mastectomy stuff this entire period (thank god)

anywhoo, i don't want this again

e: this actually made me realize a specific worst case; i feel totally fine but continue to test pos for weeks, making me unemployable until i clear a test..i know this is a thing for some people, fingers crossed. going to rapid again on day 10

e2: being totally real rn, the covid threads on SA were the best source of info for masks, I totally had the 3m half-face thing going (which made me feel like a total idiot but clearly worked in the pre vax, no n95 availability first part of 2020)

SA threads also helped me not starve to death when the only things open were grocery stores and all the grocery delivery services were price gouging and booked solid (don't have a car)..some genius goon pointed out curbside pickup never had a wait time, and i could just get a courier to take the groceries from that curb to mine..that was some clutch advice. not bad for a dead gay comedy forum

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Nov 7, 2023