Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which horse film is your favorite?
This poll is closed.
Black Beauty 2 1.06%
A Talking Pony!?! 4 2.13%
Mr. Hands 2x Apple Flavor 117 62.23%
War Horse 11 5.85%
Mr. Hands 54 28.72%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

enahs
Jan 1, 2010

Grow up.
I remember near the beginning of the pandemic people were talking about mounting a strong response to the virus and how if we did it right, it would look as though the steps we took were unnecessary. I’m worried that we are firmly in “boy who cried wolf” territory now where people (at least in the US) will never accept enhanced NPIs again until people are dying in the streets. The discourse seems to be not what level of response is appropriate for this new threat, but rather if ANY response is appropriate until after things get really really bad.

The last year and a half have been utterly exhausting but I have very little faith that if we are presented with another strain that is worse than delta, we will respond appropriately in time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enahs
Jan 1, 2010

Grow up.
Is there any data on the health outcomes for people with multiple infections? Anecdotally I have family members who have been infected by (presumably) alpha, delta, and then again omicron. They had a pretty mild reaction to delta but worse again with omicron. I read some posts a few days ago (apologies for not quoting them) discussing the potential for cumulative damage with repeat infections, but I'm wondering if there's any research to support that? Thankfully my partner and I have managed to evade infection so far but it's becoming harder with people that we have to interact with throwing their hands up and caution to the wind.

enahs
Jan 1, 2010

Grow up.

Jethro posted:

Trip report: Paxlovid gives you a bad taste in your mouth all day. Fortunately I finished my course yesterday and I tested negative earlier today. Wife and older one managed to avoid getting sick all week. The little one is still testing positive, but tomorrow is day 10 after symptoms, so she can go back to school next week.

I'm currently on day 11 after symptoms and just started having rebound symptoms this morning. Now I'm full-on feeling like poo poo, right back to where I was a week ago. Thankfully I don't have Paxlovid mouth anymore. Really hoping this round doesn't last very long.

First time getting it, too. We were doing so well. :(