Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which horse film is your favorite?
This poll is closed.
Black Beauty 2 1.06%
A Talking Pony!?! 4 2.13%
Mr. Hands 2x Apple Flavor 117 62.23%
War Horse 11 5.85%
Mr. Hands 54 28.72%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

I signed up for my booster, and there was only one pharmacy in the area that had available spots for Friday afternoon. I even checked other vax types out of curiosity, and this was the only one with spots open. Weirdly, it had all of the spots between noon and closing available, so who knows? I only checked CVS, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Abner Assington posted:

My six months was on October 28th and I'm going on the 17th to get my Moderna booster and flu shot :toot:

I'm going to be utterly destroyed the next day, though, if my reaction is anything like my second shot.

You might be in luck. I got wiped out for the next day after each of my first two, but all I got from the booster was a few days of sore arm.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

People will still get covid, but it will get blocked from spreading widely with herd immunity. A nice visual simulation is https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/02/18/967462483/how-herd-immunity-works-and-what-stands-in-its-way.

With enough people vaccinated and unlikely to catch and pass on infections, any outbreaks will be contained. Will it stop 100% of infections? Nope, but it will limit how far they can spread and to how many.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Had to get a bulb for my wife's car the other day. I was the only one in the whole store, including employees, wearing a mask. While waiting in line two goobers were having a chat about how there's no way the vaccine could be modified for a new strain because "it takes at least ten years to make a vaccine, so they must have planned this" and other idiocy. The guy who obviously considered himself "the smart one" was wearing an Infowars t shirt.

All I could do was keep muttering "loving morons" under my breath.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Double post correction

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Platystemon posted:

Is this something you came across in a weird attempt to doxx me?

Simmer down, Creamcups.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Yeah, the effective and hepatotoxic doses for tylenol are way too close for my comfort.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

My wife had it last week. She caught it because she was un the car for hours with her niece. The niece has always been careful, so she thought ut would be ok. Niece started symptoms that evening and tested positive the next day. Wife tested positive on Monday. She isolated in the other bedroom and wore an n95 whenever she came out for food or bathroom trips. Since she had open heart surgery earlier this year, our pcp said she should take paxlovid. She got a bad case of paxlovid mouth and the whole run had to eat mints, jolly ranchers and gum to cover the nasty taste. She never had a fever,but cold like symptoms. She's over it now and has tested negative multiple times.

I never got so much as a sniffle, and tested every day, all negative. Still dodging g that bullet.

We're both Moderna vaxxed, and double boosted.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Personally, after so much time wearing n95s I just forget I have it on most of the time when I leave a building. Put it on to get groceries, then don't realize it's still there until I am turning my head to back out of the parking spot.
On vacation I would regularly be reminded by my wife that I still had my mask on after we had gone outside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Yeah, my first two shots laid me out the next day, the next two boosters had me kinda tired,my updated one last Friday didn't really do anything.

Except sore arm. And improved reception on my phone.