Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which horse film is your favorite?
This poll is closed.
Black Beauty 2 1.06%
A Talking Pony!?! 4 2.13%
Mr. Hands 2x Apple Flavor 117 62.23%
War Horse 11 5.85%
Mr. Hands 54 28.72%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Herstory Begins Now posted:

from what i saw, the current rate of vaccinated people who are hospitalized who end up needing O2 is 4%. So it's almost assured that even if they do get sick and even if they are one of the very few who needs hospitalization, even then it's almost always very mild.

Well in my state, in a county with one of the highest vaccination rates in the country, 25% of covid deaths look to be vaccinated people. The vaccine is important and everyone needs to get it, but I'd love to see what source you're going by because it's not looking especially rosy to me. Maybe I'm misinterpreting what the page I'm reading says; https://kingcounty.gov/depts/health/covid-19/data/vaccination-outcomes.aspx

Of course that's deaths, but even then, it says 17% of hospitalizations are fully vaccinated. I'm sure they're being hospitalized for less severe issues than unvaccinated folks but it's serious enough to be hospitalized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Slow News Day posted:

One of the people in my bi-weekly (indoor) rock climbing group is an RN and another is an epidemiologist who works at the state department of health.

That is to say, anecdotes don't mean poo poo.

Anybody is capable of making poor decisions.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

StrangeThing posted:

There is no arguing with this type of insanity.

I need to go take my bins out to the front of my driveway now. Is that okay? Should I get my respirator first?

Why do you have such a problem with respirators? They're excellent at doing their job.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Laying in bed watching movies or a tv show on a big imax screen in VR with a couple friends beats a real theater for me easy. I was never a big theater-goer though, but still.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Jaxyon posted:

Expand on this. What does this mean?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzxZUyhmJiE

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Just got my 3rd pfizer shot tonight, seems like in Washington as long as your second dose was at least six months ago they're happy to give you a third one, no 65+ or vulnerability requirements. Not sure if that's the case anywhere you go or if only some pharmacies are allowing it, but I figured I'd share my experience.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

You can't, but John or Jane Smith, an unemployed, uninsured person who left their ID at home today can go get a shot right now.

Yeah, another reason why no one should feel bad about booster banditing.

My local rite aid let me get my third and I don't have any physical disabilities or specific risks, which I was up front with them about. I don't think the answer is a definitive yes or no, it seems like it'll vary for folks.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

If you find yourself being one of the people that has good health, is young, and has no specific exposure risk you should be thinking "oh cool, my antibody levels are statistically going to be very high and the booster is not for me at this time", rather than "what weird lie can I use, uh uh uh, I have a cold sometimes"

But you don't have to make anything up or lie in any way to get the third shot in a lot of places, why is any of this an "issue"? You haven't explained any actual problem yet that I can see.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Alctel posted:

That's not how it works, your chances of dying don't go up the more cases there are.

The more full hospitals are, the more your chances of dying if you need to go to one goes up, though.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Another round of booster shots, presumably. I've been assuming that would be the situation for a while now.

Indeed, isn't Israel already administering 4th shots at the 4 month mark? I feel I remember reading this, figured it'll only be a matter of time before we adopt the same policy.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

I hadn't realized that second boosters were still not really an official thing, I got mine a few weeks ago because the pharmacy that gave me my first one kept nagging me to come in for it after my six months elapsed. Well, I haven't caught covid yet still, I don't mind my odds being as low as I can get em.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

eXXon posted:

I tried answering no to everything on the CVS questionnaire a month ago and they told me to gently caress off for not being eligible for the 2nd booster. Did something change or does this vary by state?

I think it just varies by location or something, as far as I know the rules are the same in every state, but my rite-aid I got my first booster at started calling -me- after six months saying I need to come get my second booster, and I haven't got any qualifying conditions or anything in their system they'd know about. I just filled out the usual allergy listing forms and whatever, no deception or lying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

I AM GRANDO posted:

I had been doing Pfizer for everything until this booster, where I got Moderna. Pfizer never gave me a reaction but the Moderna made me feel gross and tired and gave me a headache for one day. No idea if the brand makes a difference and not that bad, all things considered.

I had 5 hits of Pfizer and the most I ever got out of it was a sore shoulder. I just take whatever one they give me, and that's how it worked out. I need to get my new booster still, are they all mrna based, or is that new moth vaccine out now too?