Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which horse film is your favorite?
This poll is closed.
Black Beauty 2 1.06%
A Talking Pony!?! 4 2.13%
Mr. Hands 2x Apple Flavor 117 62.23%
War Horse 11 5.85%
Mr. Hands 54 28.72%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

As terrible as the antivaxxers are, this hatred of masks pisses me off so much more. I can at least understand "I don't want some weird thing injected in my body" even if the specifics are not well informed or defensible. "I don't wanna wear a mask, it's uncomfortable" is so much more widespread and even many people who don't mind complying with mask mandates take them off the second they can rules lawyer themselves into saying it's ok as if the virus gives a poo poo about rules.

I know it's hard to find the perfect cast but they could have at least gotten a donkey and a cat and a rooster if they were going to make a live action adaptation of the Town Musicians of Bremen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Have there been any double vaccinated breakthrough cases that put someone into the ICU?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Yes but they're super rare by comparison and concentrated in the older population. Up here in Ontario there's only been a single one under 50 (and they didn't die).

That's reassuring.

Cases projected to spike in the province after the holidays being announced the same day that capacity limits on sporting events are being raised in Ontario... not so much.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Nonsense posted:

If anybody remembers this very normal incident, well he returned to the hospital the following day after this because he couldn't breathe and today he passed.

https://twitter.com/jsrailton/status/1442089184206934016?s=20

Well that's loving horrifying. Was that antivaxxer a family member?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Tomberforce posted:

Some Italian (literal) Facist who lives in Ireland. Not a family member.

How the gently caress did he get into the hospital and not immediately get thrown out?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Here in BC we're over 80% of eligible vaxed, but it's kids in school pushing our cases up. It's awful.

Really hope the Pfizer data submitted this upcoming week is solid and the 5-11 group can get their immunizations quickly.

Are Dix and Henry still obfuscating the number of cases by refusing to report ones that would constitute community spread? They were asked last week why they're not releasing contact tracing for school outbreaks (and Alberta was asked the same thing on Thursday.)

I'm way past giving Henry the benefit of the doubt as she does her nervous giggle and then dodges questions regarding school spread.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

A bit, though it could also be attributed to work overload. They're just not doing it until it's way too late.

They're also currently getting raked over the coals for undercounting hospitalizations/ICU patients.

For fucks sake BC figures they only need to do the barest to look better than their neighbours and all will be well. Alberta is drowning, Saskatchewan is imploding, Manitoba has been poo poo for months, and Ontario, while oddly low compared to the other provinces, is probably going to catch up and put us right back in the poo poo by the end of October what with school cases and eased restrictions for sporting events.

We're just running down the clock before Wave 4 catches up to Ontario and we're all hosed once again.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Rhodo Dendron posted:

What is this obsession with gyms? What is the irresistible allure that requires you to pay a hefty subscription fee to embarass yourself in a building full of smelly, judgemental strangers for something you could do in the comfort of your own home or neighborhood? There's a reason why the stereotype of "has a gym subscription even though they only went once and makes up excuses to not cancel it" exists.

I mean, is $16/week really a "hefty subscription fee"? Adult gyms aren't really the same as high school fitness rooms. Most people won't give two shits about you because they're working on themselves. Sure you'll get narcissists and assholes on occasion but even then they're more interested in their instagram selfies than they are bullying other people minding their own business.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Rhodo Dendron posted:

Uh, holy poo poo, yes!? That's $64/month and $832/annually, that's insane. I don't spend that much on cat supplies or internet or cell phone access.

What would you consider affordable then? Canada funny money only goes so far.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Sep 27, 2021

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Phylodox posted:

I’m from Quebec and I pay $20 a month and my wife can accompany me for free.

Local gym or a franchise? I'm going to Goodlife, so it's $33 bi-weekly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Smeef posted:

My old man always wears a shirt with the Thoreau quote "Simplify, simplify, simplify," and it drives me nuts. Wouldn't just "simplify" have been more fitting?

NGL I'd wear that shirt ironically for the praise of the maybe three people who'd get the irony.