Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which horse film is your favorite?
This poll is closed.
Black Beauty 2 1.06%
A Talking Pony!?! 4 2.13%
Mr. Hands 2x Apple Flavor 117 62.23%
War Horse 11 5.85%
Mr. Hands 54 28.72%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
The new OP is great. The title is even better.

Professor Beetus posted:

So the current contributors to the OP I have currently listed are:

dwarf74
cr0y
MadJackal
Craptacular!
Heck Yes! Loam!
Objective Action
Kaal
jetz0r - plat
Jaxyon
VideoGameVet
SubG

If I missed you let me know, and if you have a specific preference for cert, let me know that as well. Preferably via PM if you have them so the thread doesn't become half cert requests.

Thanks for everyone who has participated and continues to participate.

e: Also these are not guaranteed, just as a reminder. I will do my best but I am but a lowly IK.

This is the first I knew I was in the new OP. Thanks! I don't have PMs any more but would love to get them back.

Edit: should have read further. I would I've to keep my current avatar but remove the lovely text please, and thank you!

Heck Yes! Loam! fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Sep 14, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
Well I found out that my wife is going on immune suppressors for a recently diagnosed issue.

She's going to qualify for a booster as soon as she starts, but now I really need to make sure she's as protected as possible. I really worry about the kids bringing stuff home now.

Time to buy more N95s.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Thanks everyone.

The Doctor says she should get it before starting her new meds. We can get it from the local Safeway pending her approval getting to the pharmacy.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

enki42 posted:

Yeah, I would ask about this for sure. Depending on the immunosuppressant in question and the dose, boosters might be completely ineffective if her immune system is totally trashed (I know I wasn't able to get my 3rd dose until my prednisone dose was under 15mg, but for us 3rd doses are a public health thing so it's not like walking into a pharmacy).

Its pretty much this exact situation. She has to complete a taper on her prednisone and then in between that and the new meds get a shot.

At least she's getting off the prednisone.

Heck Yes! Loam! fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Sep 17, 2021

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

I apologize, I have posted in the wrong thread.

Covid still sucks

Heck Yes! Loam! fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Oct 24, 2021

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Why did the child vaccine announcement make like, zero impact?

It's not fully approved yet, just went through the panel review. It will probably make more news when it is fully approved in the next week or so.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

I've settled with the fact that the US in particular is not capable of dealing with biological threats. Our culture prevents collective action to the point of death to hundreds of thousands of individuals. People's brains are so warped that they can't accept useful information that breaks with their worldview.

My kids unfortunately brought it home from school recently and both got it within a day of each other. Right before their appointment to get their first shot too . My wife is on immunosuppressants and luckily did not get sick. I got a very minor level of symptoms and got through it.

I'll keep wearing my N95, and doing the best I can, but it just seems like covid is here to stay. Nobody in my area is masking anymore, and numbers in Colorado are trending I'm the wrong direction.

It's just frustrating and it doesn't seem like something that can be fixed it even managed. Complaining about it just seems even more pointless.

Smarter people answer me this. If the US and other countries can't get covid under control, isn't it a matter of time until countries that are doing better just flare up again starting the cycle anew when the next variant comes along? What's the actual path to making any of this better from where we are not where we wish we were? Or is it just buckle up buckaroos?

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

I think (most) Americans have decided that covid isn't as bad as a single party authoritarian government and the number of deaths from a pandemic aren't going to change that.

The idea you could even come close to doing what China did in the US shows a profound misunderstanding of reality. The whole point of America is that the government doesn't have the ability to do that without making it extremely bloody on both sides.

Both my kids got their first dose today and the lines were an hour long for the wait. It was really encouraging to see, and it's been that busy for weeks. Hopefully with kids getting vaxxed things don't get too out of hand again.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

Just as likely it comes down to who does and doesn't let Facebook do whatever they want

it sucks how likely this is the case in so many issues.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Wang Commander posted:

Life in China sounds pretty nice tbqh

especially when you compare it to literally any time in the past!

VitalSigns posted:

Yeah you're kinda hinting at it, but the definition of 'authoritarian' is an unexamined assumption.

Meatpacking plants forced workers to labor without NPI and took bets on the number of deaths that would occur, employers forced workers dying of covid to keep working with supplemental oxygen tanks until they collapsed, is that any less authoritarian than THE GUBBERMENT closing the plant and paying workers to stay home?

We all live under the dictatorship of capital, for most Americans their employer has more direct control over their lives (and deaths) than all but the most authoritarian governments.

Yeah, western culture for some reason doesn't perceive the employer-employee relationship through that lens when they absolutely should.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

My stupid school board voted to remove mask mandates in our county last night. Now my two kids get to go to school where masks are completely optional and nobody will enforce it.

I loving hate people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

ExcessBLarg! posted:

I wondered why the BinaxNow tests were so much cheaper at Walmart then elsewhere, not that I'd call $7/test necessarily "cheap".

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/1478573260728160262

Here's a url for those that want to read more. I don't think I've ever seen a binax test below $25.

If you live in Colorado you can get a box a month for free. That's been helping at least.

Heck Yes! Loam! fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jan 5, 2022